Books for B! Fundraising Raffle

Talk about anything that comes to mind and doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Books for B! Fundraising Raffle

Postby chryse on Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:05 pm

Books for B! Fundraising Raffle #1

My son, B, was recently accepted into the People to People Student Ambassador Program and will be going to Japan for 2 weeks next summer. This is a very exciting educational opportunity for him and I very much want him to go. The price tag, however, is a little steep.

I work for a typesetting company and have numerous books available through them for fundraising raffles. I hope to be able to do a raffle once a month on various genres. The first raffle will be for cookbooks.

Cookbooks:
http://www.good-news-cafe.com/ici/books

The ones that are part of this raffle are:
1. The Buffet Book
2. Marvelous Recipes from the French Heartland
3. The Flavors of Sicily
4. Glorious Soups for Entertaining
5. The Good Cuisine
6. The Mediterranean Diet Cookbook
7. The Notebooks of Michel Bras - Desserts
8. Ziryab: Authentic Arab Cuisine
9. Spoon Food & Wine

These cookbooks were produced by Ici la Press (part of my company), and returned from bookstores as unsold stock. They may have cosmetic imperfections on their dust covers or hard covers. The pages and recipes are all readable and usable and the pictures are gorgeous. All but the first book are "out of print" and unavailable for sale.

For a single $5 raffle ticket, you will receive one chance at winning the entire batch of cookbooks.

You may buy as many raffle tickets as you like, there is no limit.

The raffle must have at least 100 tickets sold by January 25, or the raffle will be canceled.

People who have bought tickets will have their money refunded in full. Checks will be held until 100 tickets are sold.

The winner will be chosen on January 28, with the books shipped out as soon as humanly possible.

Postage will be paid from from the proceeds of the raffle. (and yes I will ship outside the US to the UK and other international destinations.)

100% of the net proceeds will go towards my son's People to People Trip.

I do prefer PayPal, as it's easy and secure, but if you prefer to send a check, please send it to my snail mail address. Please send your Paypal payment to chryse74 at gmail.com and please specify how many raffle tickets you wish to purchase. I may think that you only want 1 $5 ticket and the rest is a donation to the cause. ;)

Feel free to forward this message to friends or family members who may want to participate in this raffle. I am making this raffle available to other forums and via email to some friends as well.

Thanks for participating!
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to General Chat