How did they escape?

Talk about anything that comes to mind and doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

How did they escape?

Postby Rygelfan on Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:52 am

Here we are, several years from the Premeire episode, and a couple after the series ended, and something has just struck me......how the Hezmana do 3 prisoners take on what should be a buttload of PK soldiers on a prison transport and traipse off with a ship under the nose of an entire fleet? Only thing I can figure is there was only a skeleton crew of PKs and D'Argo and Zhaan were able to overpower them. Any thoughts?
You have the right to the remains of a silent attourney. If you cannot afford one, tough noogies! You have the right to a phone call, I recommend Trixie 976555love. Do you understand these rights? Well do you punk?
Rygelfan
Delvian Pa'u

Re: How did they escape?

Postby Firecracker on Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:10 pm

Rygelfan wrote:Here we are, several years from the Premeire episode, and a couple after the series ended, and something has just struck me......how the Hezmana do 3 prisoners take on what should be a buttload of PK soldiers on a prison transport and traipse off with a ship under the nose of an entire fleet? Only thing I can figure is there was only a skeleton crew of PKs and D'Argo and Zhaan were able to overpower them. Any thoughts?

It was Rygel who organised the escape. Completely :)

(Which is one reason why he gets so annoyed when he is underestimated - when he was the one responsible for their jailbreak it kinda annoys him to be brushed aside afterwards.)

Rygel: (outraged) You'd dump ME? I bribed the maintenance drones at the last checkpoint! I secured the cell codes that allowed for your escape!

Zhaan was the one who knew what to do once the control collar was deactivated.

Zhaan: The coding wall - it's dimming! I've hit the code - I've hit the code!

And D'Argo was there to provide the muscle - ripping out wires at random and finally getting the right ones that released the control collar.

I think you are right about that skeleton crew - there weren't a lot of PKs on Moya. One: because they were headed for a lifers colony and there were only three prisioners plus Pilot and Moya on board. They didn't need many guards. Two: because Moya had the control collar and she wasn't going anywhere without PK direction. Three: They were in a convoy. Any escape attempt should have been very easy to stop. (I said should - obviously Crais underestimated what three desperate prisioners and Pilot and Moya could do once they set their minds to it.)

Also I think Rygel picked the timing of the escape. Maybe that skeletan crew were called for a conference and left Moya temporarily? Which would have been the ideal time to make a break for it.
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby AERYNSUN on Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:11 am

It could be well that when a PK went into Rygel's cell, as he is so small and claims knowing every corner of the ship that not even PK know, could have well tricked the PK to start the scape-

Or maybe as there were only three prisoners, there wasn't much soldiers guarding them.

That was a very good question, Rygelfan. Any more ideas?
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Firecracker on Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:11 am

AERYNSUN wrote:It could be well that when a PK went into Rygel's cell, as he is so small and claims knowing every corner of the ship that not even PK know, could have well tricked the PK to start the scape.

Rygel had the cell codes - he didn't need to trick the PK to start the escape. And as we learn in "DNA Mad Scientist" Rygel had all kinds of ways in and out of his cell. Not all of them by the cell door. :)

AERYNSUN wrote:That was a very good question, Rygelfan. Any more ideas?

Yeah!
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Rygelfan on Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:12 am

Don't really have any ideas. :? It's just something that has always sort of bugged me. They never really explain the HOW of it, just that it is happening when we come into it. I don't know, file this under "I wish they had done a flasback EP" I guess.
You have the right to the remains of a silent attourney. If you cannot afford one, tough noogies! You have the right to a phone call, I recommend Trixie 976555love. Do you understand these rights? Well do you punk?
Rygelfan
Delvian Pa'u

Return to General Chat