Hi from a newbie

Talk about anything that comes to mind and doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Hi from a newbie

Postby prophecygirl on Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:28 am

Hi, all: Believe it or not, there are still some of us that just recently became a Farscape addict. I came across the syndicated episodes about 8 months ago. I've seen Season 1 and 2, most of 3 and now they are airing 4. I get it on WGN. They are showing two different season nows, 3 & 4. But, darn the creeps, it often gets pre-empted and they don't always show them in order. However, it's been enough for me to really love the show. It's awesome! I'm glad I discovered this site, so I have a willing audience to discuss Farscape with.

Most of my friends think I'm wacko; being way north of 40 and a sci fi fan. I also love Stargate!
Within you is the most amazing feeling that you can possibly imagine. All that you have looked for your entire life, is within you. This is a gift that you have.
prophecygirl
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Emeraldcity on Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:57 am

Good for you!!! Farscape is FUN!!!
www.peachtreeservices.net

The shopping cart is now up and running. Come see what the cast does in their off times, www.peachtreeservices.net/shop
Emeraldcity
Cast Convention Manager
Cast Convention Manager

Postby StarF on Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:38 pm

reminds me of when i first was addicted to farscape... i would give everything to see the shows as i saw then the first time.. how ever get them on dvd´s :) curently doing my 3´rd view of them.. still good.. :)
StarF
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Re: Hi from a newbie

Postby Firecracker on Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:08 pm

prophecygirl wrote:Hi, all: Believe it or not, there are still some of us that just recently became a Farscape addict. I came across the syndicated episodes about 8 months ago. I've seen Season 1 and 2, most of 3 and now they are airing 4. I get it on WGN. They are showing two different season nows, 3 & 4. But, darn the creeps, it often gets pre-empted and they don't always show them in order. However, it's been enough for me to really love the show. It's awesome! I'm glad I discovered this site, so I have a willing audience to discuss Farscape with.

Welcome prophecygirl!

You will find lots of people to talk about Farscape here. :D

Make sure that you get a chance to see the entire Season 3 - in order - soon. It is a fantastic season and well worth the effort. How far are you in your viewing of Season 3? And you just watched Season 4's "Terra Firma" on WGN last weekend right?

Check your library - fans have been working hard to get Farscape into libraries (in both Canada and the US) and your local library might be one of the branches we have 'Scaped.

Also you can rent or buy the DVDs - but make sure you get the Starburst Editions. Not only is the quality comparable, but they are cheaper, more epiodes per Edition and waaaaay more extras. Which when it comes to commentaries, Ben and Claudia do the best.

prophecygirl wrote:Most of my friends think I'm wacko; being way north of 40 and a sci fi fan. I also love Stargate!

We don't think you are wacko here. Enjoy!
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby prophecygirl on Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:29 pm

Hey, you guys: Thanks so much for all your kind replies and support! This seems like a really friendly group of 'scapers, which was exactly what I'd hoped to find. :D

Sometimes, FS on WGN is preempted, for sports or such. Re: S4, they had reached the "Terra Firma" episode. But, grumble, grumble, this past weekend started all over again, with "Crichton Kicks". However, in a way I'm glad, cause that episode really confused me the first time I watched it. This time, it made a lot more sense. I thought it was really great!

I really like Raelee Hill. She makes the character of Sikozu really come alive. Come to think of it, that's one of the things I'm discovering I love about Farscape. Even tho it's Scifi, the characters are so well developed and layered, not just caricatures. I'm definitely being more and more drawn in.

Thanks for the great suggestion of checking the library for DVD's. I would never have thought of that! :bearhug:
Within you is the most amazing feeling that you can possibly imagine. All that you have looked for your entire life, is within you. This is a gift that you have.
prophecygirl
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby StarF on Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:09 pm

in the end you will end up buying all the dvd´s just wait and see ;)
StarF
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby prophecygirl on Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:06 pm

I know what you mean. :) I have quite a collection of my previous obsessions: Buffy and Angel. I'm a little more discreet now, but not much. :?
prophecygirl
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:32 pm

I love Buffy and Angel too and Firefly. I was of the rare breed who came into Farscape before, Buffy and Angel, so they were real gems when I needed something to break up Farscape reviewings.

I was rewatching DKs farewell speach on the last DVD set and was reminded of what extraordinary and against the odds acheivement Farscape was. I love that it's in syndication and picking up new addicts. I It may still be the best Science Fiction show produced for television, and I envy getting to experience it for the first time.

And Firecracker is right Ben and Claudia do brilliant commentaries. They offer insightful and perceptive comments, they have an obvious love for the show and everyone they collabortated with to make it, and they're fun. Having many hilarious onset stories. Sound and picture quality on the Starburst sets are pretty outstanding as well.

Wait 'til you've seen the whole series, but after you have rent or borrow a copy of Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars. The miniseries that reolved the huge series ending cliffhanger and spectacular work in its own right.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Us Newbies

Postby bwilli18 on Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:03 pm

I'm a newbie, too--"newbies" being anyone who came to the show after it had been canceled. I rented them on Netflix and ended up buying the whole set (go with with the Starburst editions, btw).

I have a different experience of the show as a result. I didn't have to wait long between episodes and I knew it was going to end with PK Wars. I can't imagine how frustrating it must have been to the original fans when the show ended so abruptly at the end of S4.

We newbies owe a huge debt of gratitude to the oldies, especially those in the Save Farscape movement for so heroically getting the mini made.

As a result of my Newbie perspective, my addiction to the show was quite intense and depressing. It was intense because I saw four seasons in as many months. I don't know that such an immersion is healthy, but I didn't really have a choice, being an addict.

It was depressing because I knew all along that my fix was finite--the worst nightmare for a junkie. I look on Farscape World's forums as my support group.

My life as a non-recovering addict: Work, family, Farscape on DVD, back to work where I spend time on the Farscape World Forums. Sometimes I break up my routine by watching Kurosawa movies (where the Toshiro Mifune characters remind me of a cross between John and D'argo).
bwilli18
Luxan Warrior

Postby prophecygirl on Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:23 pm

It's very interesting to me, this experience of becoming addicted to a tv series. In every scifi/fantasy show that I've become addicted to, it always started mid-way or later. Even tho I have known about all of them, and had seen episodes while "surfing", it just never caught my interest. After all, I'm a mature adult, way past all that kind of stuff...yeah, right!

When I first discovered Buffy, (my virgin experience, sigh), it was during the 5th season. In the hospital recovering from major surgery, of all things. I turned on the tv and watched "The Gift," the fantasic season finale. I was so blown away, so enchanted. For the next three years, I lived, breathed, ate, slept and spent a fortune on Buffy. Ditto, Angel. Ditto, Firefly. Then, after mourning for over a year the demise of all of them (I could write a book about that experience, but, somehow, I think most of you have had similar experiences in your own lives), one night, I watched "The Other Guys," a season six ep of "Stargate". It's very funny and clever, and omg, here we go again! I've found my new obsession. Even tho, this season is the last. Guess I'll have to deal with that when the time comes. :?

When Ben joined the cast and Claudia was in the first several episodes, I thought, I should check out that other series they were in, cause I really liked them, alot. It was cool, cause Farscape was starting in syndication here. The rest is history and I'm so glad I did. Each episode is so rich and they just get better and better. Today, I watched "Kansas"/ Incredible!! This is definitely one of my favorites, it was just so damn good!! I have to find a favorites thread, to talk more about that. :bearhug:
prophecygirl
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby WhiteRaven on Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:20 pm

I remember when i first got into farscape. The first season wasn't all that great, i liked the makeups of dargo and bluey, (zhaan), but i was enchanted when Gigi came along, i don't miss an episode, even when its like at three in the morning, i wait and get my dosage of chi. I'm hopeless lol, yeah, i get the same thin' from my friends when i talk about farscape. Its just a stupid tv show, cmon lets go out, you can miss an episode for once!
Image Image
WhiteRaven
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Return to General Chat