Shameless Plug for my journey of 60 miles in 3 Days!

Talk about anything that comes to mind and doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Shameless Plug for my journey of 60 miles in 3 Days!

Postby SunKrux on Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:51 am

Sorry to go OT on you all...but I'm shamelessly plugging something that is near and dear to my heart. So here goes the pitch! :D

Hey all you wacky, wonderful Scapers. I'm sure some of you noticed that for a while I’ve had a link in my sig and might have wondered what it was about and why I had it there. Well here's the reason...

Not many of you know this, as I kept it pretty quiet as I wasn't really in a good space at the time, but back in 2004 my Aunt Barb passed away from Breast Cancer. It was a hard time as there had been family issues well before it happened and she (at that time) decided to remove herself from the family for a while. Any way...she finally contacted my mom (her older sister) back in March of 2004 to let Mom know that she had Breast Cancer and at that time the doctors and she (my aunt) were positive that she had beat it. Sadly though, they were wrong and that October, she passed away from it. By then it has spread to her brain and bones.

That was also the time I had broken my left foot and was on crutches and then a walking boot/cast for way to many months. Then in 2005 a dear friend was walking in the annual Breast Cancer 3 Day walk in our area. I went the final day and cheered her and her team mate on. My foot was healed at the time, but just barely and I didn't want to risk re-injuring it so I cheered.

Now it's a year later and I signed up to walk this year, in memory and to honor my aunt. I'm also walking to help others not have to go through what I had to and what so many other women have gone through.

So far a few of you have donated and I really appreciate it, but now I'm only $895 away from my fund raising goal of $2,200. So I come to you all with hat in hand asking for donations...whatever your wallet can handle trust me. I'm not picky about how much folks can donate...I'll take it.

If you can't donate, that's fine too, I totally understand. :D

Here's the link to my donation page: Help me walk all over Breast Cancer
Please consider donating today.

My walk takes place on August 25 - 27th.

Thanks for reading this and thanks in advance to those of you who will donate.

Thanks again to those of you who have already donated! You rock!
Last edited by SunKrux on Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby Vye King on Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:12 am

So how'd it go? Did you reach your goal? Kudos to you for taking part.
Ozscape 2 9th and 10th June 2007
https://ssllocked.com/~events/index.php ... &Itemid=72
Everybodys crazy, it's just how much.
Proudly a few levels above the norm.
Vye King
Luxan Warrior

Return to General Chat