Offical US Dr Who S3 Thread SPOILERS

Talk about any show under the sun, genre or not.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Offical US Dr Who S3 Thread SPOILERS

Postby SunKrux on Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:51 pm

Feel free to discuss and speculate about Series 3 of Dr Who here! ;)
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:03 pm

I loved Season 3. Martha Jones was a perfect fit for the series. It's funny when The Ghost Army aired on Scifi and I saw the actress who got turned into a Cyberman, I hought "Damn she would've made a good new companion." I had already heard that this would be Rose's last season. Then sure enough, that same actress, Freema Agyeman, was reintroduced as new charcter Martha Jones.

Instantly I was captivated by her delivery, earnest and clever. Never too scared for a laugh in the face of danger. And determined to be of as much use wherever she is as possible.

Her character was very different than Rose and yet she had that same level of presence maybe even more so.

The writing this season was also brilliant. Some of the best in the series. The dangers felt more seious, the characters became more personal, even some of the guest spots. Martha's family, even more different from Rose's family than Martha was from Rose, also added to both the humor and drama.

Blink, another Steve Moffat ep, was a study in rapid fire character development. It was amazing how quickly characters we'd never seen before became important and meaningful to the viewer, at least this viewer.

And of course the finale. By far the best of the series. The emotioonal roller coster that the Doctor and Martha were senht one was as captivating as the mazing special effects, and all the performances were stunning, including the briefely appearing Derek Jacobi, and the longer term Mr. Simms of LIfe on Mars fame. Both turned in magnifiscent performances as did the returning John Borrowman, and Freema briilant all season took it to a whole new whole level here. I she hadn't already become my favorite companion, she would have by the end of Sound of Drums. I look forward to her return to the Who universe.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Postby sleeper on Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:04 pm

I enjoyed "Blink" also. It is one of the better Dr. Who stories. Martha was a great companion.... except that she was in love with the Dr. Get over it Martha.... he does nothing but leave a trail of death and distruction behind him... and the occasional jellybelly( I like the reference to Tom Baker when the Master was eating those in the last episode of the season.)

So, like anything in the Dr. Who universe, there is nothing impossible with the Dr. around. I miss the Timelords messing with him. So somehow they will return. (The face of Boe indeed.... :roll: )
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:46 pm

Loved the Jelly Baby reference. I'd love to see Martha return with a more see the universe and help people motivation. Though I do think Agyeman and Tennant had good screen chemistry. Actually, a little better than Piper and Tennant's chemistry. I got annoyed the Doctor, seriously get over Rose, Martha's smart, brave, funny and hot. And she's into you. Come on Doc. Even in another 900years that'd be hard to find again.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Good ol' season 3....soon to air on BBC

Postby Mreen on Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:32 pm

I enjoyed season 3, (this post is full of spoilers, if you are just now getting season 3 from BBCA so just skip the whole thing if so)

space for those skipping this post

from the Runaway Bride to the Last of the Time Lords - (he stole those jellybabies from the Doctor's stash in the Tardis! I just know it!)

as ...cheesy as the floaty moments were, the rest of the ep overcame it nicely. And I loved the ending with Martha both asserting herself, and then making sure the Doctor and she could reach each other again when she left. Goodbye, goodluck and I'll see you! So much better than the "never again will I darken your doorstep" goodbye approach they'd been doing. After all, why should goodbye be forever, just because she needs to stay for a while?

okay....done discussing ending of season 3 <g>

just bemoaning those who try and tell everything about what characters will be appearing in future eps despite my telling them over and over that I dont want any spoilers

okay, here we go

And I've been avoiding spoilers with a flyswatter and paddle, so PLEASE dont answer me with more now!! But the holiday specials after season 3 were fun, and I'm looking forward to season 4.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby sleeper on Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:56 pm

Looks like Season 4 starts in U.K. on April 5th. Supposedly the Scifi channel will show season 4 starting April 18th.

http://www.doctorwhoforum.com/index.php
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Prowler on Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:37 pm

sleeper wrote:Looks like Season 4 starts in U.K. on April 5th...

Thanks for that info, been trying to find out when. The teaser trailers we've had here are good, but I'm not sure about the new companion, but then, I've been wrong before.

Now as the Master said Here.Come.The.Drums! :)
Prowler
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby sleeper on Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:23 pm

I had doubts about her too, but I saw the runaway bride episode and she was ok. Sometimes alittle bit overbearing.... not as smart as Rose or Jones, but she can handle herself ok.

I kinda wished that the women in the xmas special was the new companion.... she was witty and cute, but ..... spoiler alert.

but she was done in, so sadly no future for her..... :(

Another spoiler alert regarding the last episode of the next season
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It seems that the last episode has (of course) the return of Davros and the Daleks. All the companions and mjs are back, plus maybe 2 doctors? Big rumor that Paul Mcgann was going to be a part of it, but maybe more likely it is the doctor from the Parallel Universe that Mickey, Rose and her family are in. Anyway, it seems that ONE of the Doctors gets seriously injured and Davros is able to capture the Tardis at the end of the episode. Can you say cliffhanger!!! Anyway it is all in the website that I referenced above plus pictures. Also it seems that Dr. Who is taking 2009 off and will not come back until 2010, which I think is rubbish.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Prowler on Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:58 am

sleeper wrote:.... Also it seems that Dr. Who is taking 2009 off and will not come back until 2010, which I think is rubbish.

That is because David Tennant has signed up to do Shakespeare with the RSC.

However if you look at the following link, if you scroll down to the SFX article, RTD has said that he intends to build gaps into the show, it will keep the longevity of the show, allow 're-inventing' and stops saturation and running out of ideas.

www.david-tennant.com/
Prowler
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby SunKrux on Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:59 pm

I would rather they do what they're planning then try to keep it going with the actors, writers, directors and crew getting burnt out and it turning to rubbish.
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby sleeper on Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:06 pm

I'm such a Dr. Who fan that I want it 24/7.... Didn't realize that Tennant was going to do another project. :oops:
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby sleeper on Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:12 pm

Thanks for the link, Prowler. =D>

I see that Season 4 is now starting May 4th, according to DT's website.

Has anyone heard anything offical?
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Prowler on Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:11 pm

Saturday 5th April for us here in the UK for Series 4. Yay, only 7 days to go =D> \:D/
Prowler
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:16 pm

The Scifi.com Dr. Who forum has season 4 scheduled to begin April 18 on the Scifi Channel.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Postby sleeper on Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:11 pm

Yeah, I saw that too. I am very surprised that we are getting this so fast here in the states. Scifi channel must be paying some major money for this series.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Next

Return to Other Shows