The Official Heroes: Season 2 Thread

Talk about any show under the sun, genre or not.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

The Official Heroes: Season 2 Thread

Postby chryse on Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:07 pm

TOMORROW!!!!

season TWO starts Tomorrow!!!!!!!!

woohooo!!!!!
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Mreen on Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:54 pm

I know!

I can hardly wait!

(Did you hear about the man in Venuzalia that woke up during his autopsy because it was so painful?)
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby chryse on Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:44 pm

Just a few more hours! I'll be having some popcorn tonight.

Can you tell I'm excited? LOL

(what????? OMG! no I didn't hear about that poor man)
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby chryse on Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:18 am

And back with another eclipse and several new Heroes! woohoo!

Ok, in no particular order....

Hiro! Sadly I wasn't surprised that Kensei did not meet his expectations. "I broke the future!" rofl I was surprised that Kensei was English. Relations with the outside were pretty touchy back then... but it's been pretty well established that this isn't actually our world anyway. White Beard was there! He's mentioned on the website/comics as part of the Kensei stories. Should be interesting to see how this plays out. I have feeling that Hiro will take on Kensei's legend to salvage his favorite bedtime stories (as well as to FIX the future).

GEORGE!!!! NOT YOU!!!
But this is Heroes. Who knows what powers he has. It was nice to Ando helping out the old guy too. I wonder where Hiro's sister is? probably back in Japan taking care of business while father looks for Hiro. Will Hiro being in the past be able to affect/reverse his father's seeming death?

Petrellis
I was hoping Nathan was still alive. I wasn't sure if he would be. I was sure Peter was alive, but his memory is gone. i wonder if it's because of the Haitian, another Hero, or an after effect of the big boom. And who told the smugglers about the ipods in the container that they were so sure about what they would find? Seems like Wireless (who ought to be dead, btw, according the comics, but not entirely dead - think Ghost in the Shell, the first movie) may have had a hand in this.

Poor Nathan, he hasn't shaved in four months. It's not a good look for him. But I'm glad he's standing up to Mommie Dearest now. I hope he gets his act together and gets his family back, maybe after Peter comes back with memory intact?

Angela is being targeted. Apparently both George and Angela are being told that they are being kicked out of the OWI.... Linderman, Deveaux, Mr. Petrelli... now Mrs. Petrelli and George... and there are NINE more members of the High Council apparently. I think that scary man in Mollie's dreams is one of them. I wonder who it was that was sent to kill George? And there was Gold Man. We have some idea of who 2-3 or the 9 are. I wonder if they will all be in this season?

No Nikki/Jessica, DL and Micah.... next ep it seems. Also, heard that Sylar won't actually be in an ep until number 3. and were is Claude and the Haitian?

Mollie, Mohinder and Matt. The 3 Ms lol Cute. I like that Matt has become a NYC detective. Poor Mollie. She's having very understandable issues. I was very, VERY glad to see that Mohinder has grown a little and is laying a trap for the OWI.

Which brings me to the Bennetts. That dinner was sooo uncomfortable. Leaves you guessing as to how much Mom and bro remember/know now that they have relocated to CA. I kinda wish Claire had done the back tuck. And Noah doing aikido on the manager was priceless! I was wondering how long it would take for him to break under that kind of needling. It was well worth the wait.

Claire's new classmate is a bit suspicious... floating around... targeting Claire on her first day of class.....I wonder if Claire's new school is Illusion Girl's old school??? I'll have to look up the comic and see. She did originally come from CA.

And more new Heroes! Maya and Alesandro... these two are interesting. I hope Alesandro also has a power. I wonder if he's able to keep Maya from using her power because of his power or if he just keeps her calm enough so that she doesn't lash out with it and kill people accidentally. Poor thing. She's so afraid of herself and terrified of hurting/killing others and can't risk learning to control her power at all. Another board brought up the
possibility that they were twins... maybe. But I didn't get that vibe just yet.

Oh what fun!
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Chocolate on Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:54 pm

I think that scary man in Mollie's dreams is one of them

I thought that was Sylar, no? I mean, we know he's not dead, and I'm almost positive the voice (when Parkman heard her dream) was his.

I have feeling that Hiro will take on Kensei's legend to salvage his favorite bedtime stories (as well as to FIX the future).

I quite agree. It seems the only thing he could do...

Pterellis - It's a bit strange how Nathan ended up absorbing the whole Nikki\Jessica thing with Peter in the mirror, isn't it? I was sure that it would be Nathan in the mirror with Peter alive. But how is Peter in the mirror if he's alive? Could Nikki also be alive?
I hope Mrs. Petrelli will make it out okay, I quite like her... She's a great character - all those lies and deception combined with a strong will to protect her family and do whatever it takes for some "cause" which no one else ever seems to fully understand...
As for Peter's adventures in Cork - I was a bit disappointed! I was hoping to find more Heroes from outside the Unites States, for a change :lol: But I was glad to see Peter...

Bennets - I like that Noah and Mohinder are working together. And Claire's new friend from school also looks promising in terms plot twists... 8)

I'm so glad Heroes is back!
"It is pointless to lie to your God as I am All-Knowing as well as All-Beautiful." - Vala Mal-Doran
Chocolate
Luxan Warrior

Postby chryse on Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:09 am

Interesting tidbits:

Geeky friend at work noticed upon second viewing that NATHAN could have placed both pictures to Mr. Nakamura and Mrs. Petrelli. It was Nathan who bumped into Ando when he was on the way to meet Mr. N with the paper and it was Nathan who entered Peter's apt. AFTER Mrs. Petrelli was already in there. It could be. But I think it's too obvious. Yes, I really do. lol He also thinks it was Nathan who killed Mr. Nakamura, but again, I doubt that.

Heroes Comics: really worth reading btw.

West, Claire's new friend in school is a Hero. The really interesting part with some massive implications is that he has a duplicate power. His power is the same as Nathan's, but it's his own power, not gained from anyone else. This is the first time we've seen anyone with a power that is the same as someone else's. What other powers may be duplicated in other person?

Alesandro and Maya are twins. Maya is also Patient Zero. She carries around a very deadly to normals virus. Now is the question: Does Alejandro have the cure/prevention power to counter Maya's power (so it'd dormant when he's near)? Or does Maya have to somehow infect those around her when she panics (so, she infects people around her as a self-defense mechanism? or an accident, like the first time it happened, apparently)? It's not spread through contact, but maybe close proximity? And it doesn't appear to spread once people are dead and Alesandro seems to be definitely immune, maybe because he's either the cure or because he's a Hero himself and the virus only attacks normals.

Chocolate, I think the implication in the first season was that Sylar was the bad man in Mollie's dreams (PTSD, poor kid). I think this was true at first, but then Sylar was supplanted by someone else, because it doesn't seem like Sylar can find Mollie, but the Scary Man in her dreams can.

I'm not sure exactly who it was we saw in the mirror. It sure looked like a scarred Peter, but maybe it was just Nathan's guilty conscience... but why is he feeling guilty? And we have seen that Peter isn't scarred now, just has no memory....I wonder if Peter can use all the powers he's gained if he has no recollection of them?
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Chocolate on Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:19 am

Hmmm.... You raise some interesting points, Chryse...

I hadn't notice it was Nathan who bumped into Ando, but I did think that whoever it was had put the photo in the newspaper...

I don't know about Nathan killing Mr. Nakamura, though.

I did notice that West was flying, and he was most evidenly not Nathan :lol: ...

As for Molly's dreams - We don't know that the man in her dreams can find her. All we know is that he's terrifying her by telling her that he can, maybe so that Parkman and Suresh would come to him.

And scarred Peter\amnesiac Peter - I'm still not sure, but something tells me the Amnesiac Peter needs the Scarred Peter in the mirror to be whole or something.
He probably can use his powers without the memory - he's not scarred. And I vaguely remember something unpleasant happening to a guard when he came too close or threatened him in some way? (I'm not sure though).

I'd love to read the comics, but they are in the most annoying format known to man - it takes about fifteen years to download... If you know of another source to get them other than scifi.com, please tell me...

thanks!
"It is pointless to lie to your God as I am All-Knowing as well as All-Beautiful." - Vala Mal-Doran
Chocolate
Luxan Warrior

Postby KaraS on Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:58 pm

That was scarred Nathan in the mirror, not Peter. And I think it is a reflection of Nathan's guilty concience. Wether or not is is also a seperate entity from Nathan remains to be seen.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Chocolate on Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:01 pm

I heard a theory about West which I quite liked - He's an alien!

There's the town, which is kind of like Smallville, and he can fly, and we don't know what else he can do, but maybe he saw Claire after she jumped because he heard her cry when she broke her legs, and maybe when he saw her talking to Nathan on the phone he heard her as well... Besides, he did ask Claire if she was a "Robot or an alien"...

What do you guys think?
Chocolate
Luxan Warrior

Postby chryse on Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:14 pm

Chocolate, I have the comics saved as pdf files, I don't read them as the flash things on the website. I'll upload them, but it's gonna take awhile. There are 52 files for now (there's a new one every week) and it totals over 800MB. The first 2 are up now, and the next is going....

clicky here

The West theory is interesting, but the latest comic explains what he means by aliens and robots better than the ep did. :)
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Chocolate on Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:30 pm

Thanks, Chryse!
I'm downloading as I write this... It's going really slowly, I'm not sure why, but I hope I'll be able to read them soon...
Chocolate
Luxan Warrior

Postby Chocolate on Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:40 am

I've just finished reading the first 18 comics...

Well, the stuff about Wireless was quite entertaining...
There were no women fighter pilots in the IDF untill 2002, and the only women who are in the paratroopers to this very day are those who fold the parachutes...

Should a new recruit dare to argue about where she is being assigned, she is most likely to be kicked out of military service all together... (applies only if she is a woman, mind. If it's a man, either he's ignored or thrown to jail, depends how much he tries to argue.)
Stepping on a superior officer's throat is hardly the way to get you into the intelligence service. More likely to get you thrown in jail.

Oh, and "kadima" means "forward" (as in "Go!" rather than "attack").

That specific suicide attack on a bus did actually happen, though.

All in all, I thought she was a rather annoying character. I'm glad she didn't last long on the show itself (though I quite liked the actress).

Can't wait for tomorrow's episode!
Chocolate
Luxan Warrior

Hey there

Postby Mreen on Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:45 am

-we really should start a Volume 2 thread for this. But, no big deal.

I was so sure Hiro was going to find his dad was his long beloved great hero - certainly not expecting a red headed Englishman! No wonder early legends said he was a demon <g>

I loved 'I broke the future' line too, and expect more fun there. Esp since the preview says he's going to convince his hero that he has a power now too (with the eclipse, it should become more evident.. Hiro seems to jump start peoples powers coming online).

He has to save the town somehow...

I thought Nathan might have been responsible for the first pic, but not the second. I wasnt sure why, then I remembered he didnt know his mother was in the apartment, he was startled to see her. But having it pointed out to me that he was in the right place at the right time, two obvious solutions come to mind. He called his mother "evil" which shocked me- he always saw things from her point of view. She pushed and prodded him, but he understood it - now he has rejected her completely as an evil person trying to make him let millions die for a power play. Wow, I didnt know he could see her that way. If he does, then why not fake surprise to see her and plant the pic.
Secondly, the guy with the bag over his head - suppose someone's power is to posses someone else? He could have gotten Nathan to plant the pics unknowingly, and sent his target to kill poor George- um Mr Nakamura.
The bag over the head might have been symbolic of execution, or to prevent his target from seeing the edge of the roof, otherwise his(victims) survival instinct might have kicked in and freed him. Would explain the struggling. Or maybe it was invisible Claude shoving the guy at him, but that's too simple.

Or guy with the bad over his head has a power that means he cannot be seen or something.. seems kind of unlikely compared to the possession scenario.

The Fellowship of the Heroes, eh? Nine Heroes, Linderman was one, and he's dead, we have the Midas guy (I assume he's not middle management, but could be wrong) and Charles Devereaux, and the Petrellis -and the one who betrayed them all. I hope Mr Nakamura has a power that goes on to help him survive, tho truly I just expect Hiro to be on the roof, some future date, getting his legacy between Ando fetching the sword and Dad dying.

Poor girl Molly, being haunted by that guy she warned us about in the last ep of Heroes - she said there was someone out there worse than Sylar, bcs when she saw him, she said he saw her. He's been tormenting the kid, rotten ol bad guy.

The disease girl and her brother are clearly the WonderTwins, he can hold back her disease from infecting people, great since she hasnt worked out a way to control it. The question is, does her power relate to the virus the Heroes all have? Does his ability work with all Heroes - either to protect them all from the virus or to stop all their powers? Can she eventually transmit a cure to all, when she understands her power?
(seems like his power is a variation on the Haitian's so far)

Kid doesnt seem to zoom around like Nathan, but levitate. We'll have to see if he does more. And if he does... will he discover he's her half sister? Oh the Skywalker dating curse! I was glad Claire showed the disipline not to jump off the board - seemed a little ridiculous to me to have her be that stupid - but, is she naturally that clumsy? Walking in front of the car was bad, but standing at the end and still breaking a leg? Putting her hand in the bunson burner even tho she still has pain? Girl needs to start getting thru a day without relying on powers to do so. If she ever did lose them she'd be hospitalized before sunset.

Also, Dad Bennent needs to take a chill pill. Threatening his paper manager after a couple weeks on the job? Going to fail psych evaluation somewhere... on the other hand, that's probably how he got into such morally gray work anyway. He's not a nice guy.

Mom and brother dont appear to have lost any memory at all... I'm still waiting on little bro to evince some sort of power or something. He may be their son, but it's too much untapped storyline to just have him sitting there. Maybe he'll fake a power to some bad guys at least.Dad already cracked at work, I dont know how long Mom can hold out without being able to brag to everyon she meets about Mr Muggles. She's going to give soon, I can just tell.

Back to Claire's peeping Tom - I'm not so certain he isnt a plant. Out to find mutants and report them. Time will tell.

The face in the mirror - at first I thought we were seeing what Nathan grew the beard to cover up, then I thought maybe it was Peter. Either way, it was Nathan's drunken guilt putting the face on the screen, not a haunting from Jessica's sister or the like, I'd say 8)

As for Peter - I thought it was pretty clear what Madame Petrelli and the Haitian have been up to. They erased Peter's memory and stashed him in the truck. The Haitian even left his chain that he always wore around Peter's neck, so we'd be sure to figure it out. I figure Madame Petrelli hired the 'ipod' theives to take him in, so that his new personality would be less empathic, and more tough guy hoodlum. But the Wireless angle never occurred to me, that she'd send help to Peter with obscure movements.

Most interesting about the Haitian giving Peter the chain he always wore - if the Haitian was that near Peter, Peter also has his power. The Haitian says he cant give memories back ... but can Peter? More importantly, if Peter has Claire's ability to heal, and Blink's (sorry, got bored writing the Haitian over and over)ability debends on bruising part of the brain to work, will he heal enough to take his memories back? What will that mean under the new personality the theives will try to give him? Will he still try to be Peter no matter what happens to him? Will the memories determine who he is after all?

Nathan is going to try to find Peter and bring him back home, you can feel it. It's only March, so he may still have all that clout as a congressman, if he choose to use it. Mama Petrelli was trying to erase him from the apartment as well and Nathan wouldnt have it.

Nakamura's line about what he did for Hiro vs what she did for her son, he knows what she did to Peter alright. Do the other surviving 9 know as well? Did she get really clever and have the Haitian erase her memories of Peter as well? Not likely. Our Angela, declared evil by her son, has always been the one who knew all the secrets. Unless she left herself a video, I doubt she took the chance. And surely a memory is easier to safeguard than a video.

We'll see. There's always tomorrow. <g>
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby chryse on Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:54 am

Your wish is my command

*splits topic and locks old season 1 topic*

re: Flying Boy aka West
He really does fly and no, he's not a plant (read comic 52). He doesn't seem to zoom though.

re: Maya and Alesandro
Broadcast a cure? Now that is really interesting. I hadn't thought of that. As far as we know, Maya carries a virus deadly to normals, but we don't know what the vector is. It may be that she can vector virus/cure to anyone if she knows how to control her power. We don't know if the virus Maya has now is deadly to Heroes or if she's immune to the virus that killed Mohinder's sister.

I'd forgotten that Mollie mentioned that scary man was worse than Sylar.

Nakamura's line about what he did for Hiro vs what she did for her son, he knows what she did to Peter alright.

I wasn't sure if he was talking about Peter or Nathan. She used both of them quite horribly.

Just another hour....
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby chryse on Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:43 pm

The focus this season seems to be the virus(es) that are killing people. There's the one that Mohinder CAN cure, the one that killed his sister and the one that Haitian had. But apparently there "hundreds" of others that might or might NOT be related.... (I heard that has there is one virus for sure that kills Heroes, like Mohinder's sister Shanti and made Mollie and Haitian sick, but there may be others that also ONLY affects Heroes, but tons more that are just "normal" viruses). Mohinder (and us) don't really know.

But Maya has a creepy, X-files like virus that affects only NORMALS as far as we know. Is the world trying to kill the Heroes with Shanti's virus or trying to kill the normals with Maya's virus? Can Maya be in fact be cured, maybe not by Mohinder, but by another Hero who has the same power that Linderman had? Can Maya then be able to project out and vector a cure for other viruses? Or can Alesandro also absorb/cure Shanti's virus the way he can with is sister? Or does it just work on her or her virus? These two are gonna be pivotal this season, imo.

Claire cutting off her toe was just icky!!!! I'm just really glad Mr. Muggles didn't jump up to gobble it up.

Yay! The Haitian is back. And the team of HRG and Blink is back too. :)

Milo has been working out. *drool*

Whoever attacked Angela Petrelli is really scary and really hidden to do it INSIDE a police station. I'm wondering if Mollie's Scary Man is part of the 9? And maybe the one who attacked Angela.

Hiro was adorable. And he makes a helluva Hero too. lol The scene with the cherry blossoms was sooo pretty!

Must find the ep... I missed the first 15 minutes. :(
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Other Shows