New Doctor Who S2 in US Spoilers

Talk about any show under the sun, genre or not.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:32 pm

Did anyone else that that last Cyberman that tried to climb the Zepplin latter was going to be Jackie Tyler and she'd identify herself only after Pete dropped her.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Postby sleeper on Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:24 pm

Could somebody do a spoiler on the last 1/2 of the last show about the cybermen, I missed it and I NEED TO KNOW! ;)

Thanks.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Mreen on Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:14 am

um - okay,

spoilers for last Friday's ep

yes, you know you saw it

but just in case, here I am spilling all

Micky and Ricky took off chased by Cybermen, and one of them didnt make it over a fence and was killed by them (Deleted!)

It turns out Ricky was killed. The others sneak about thru the factory, Peter and Rose to rescue Jackie. They get in the factory by faking earplugs and a Cyberman recognizes them. Jackie was turned into a Cyberman, aka, died. Both are distraught and run ... end up captured.

The mature woman helping them out had created an electomagnetic bomb, to wipe out computers, and worked well against Cybermen too, better than a gold bullet. They killed her for that.

Doctor walks in and they are all interrogated by Cyberleader, formerly known as the mad scientist of the show, before his Cybermen upgraded him against his will. The Doctor, thru a communicator <g> communicates to Mickey, and Ricky's 2nd in command, about instrudtions to shut down Cybermen central and release feelings back into the Cybermen (knowing it would drive them mad, reacting to what happened to them, and they would die) Micky hacked in and shut down Cybermen central, and they all to escape clinging from ladders in to a zephlin, Cybermen nearly catching Pete in the end, but he kicked and gravity got the heavier fellow.

In the end, Rose tells Pete, who wants to know why she cares so much about his dead wife, that she is their daugher. He freaks out, and cuts and runs. Mickey refuses to get back in the Tardis, with his Grandma here alive and well, and not yet knowing Ricky, her grandson, is dead. He vows to wipe out cybermen around the world (factories had opened in every major city, on automatic now) Ricky's friend who lived thru all this, has a grudging respect for him, and joins him. Rose and the Doctor, full of regrets, say goodbye to Mickey and get in the Tardis.

Micky stops his friend, and says, "Look at this."
The Tardis whirrs, and then takes off, as Ricky's friend looks in astonishment.

"That's the Doctor and Rose, taking off in the TARDIS." says Mickey, in the tone of everything restored to how it should be. Then he gets in the van, with the friend. "Feel like liberating Paris?"
With a grin, they take off.

The end.

Spoiler space

spoiler space

spoiler space...

buy the DVD, so worth it. :P
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby sleeper on Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:08 pm

Thanks Mgreen, just what the doctor ordered... :wink:

I like the new look of the cybermen. Of course it is along way from the way they looked in the episod "The 9th Planet".
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Mreen on Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:00 am

One thing I didnt mention, that's worth a mention, is that Rose was so traumatized by Jackie's death and Pete running off, that it closes with Jackie (the original universe Jackie) opening her door, and there is Rose, who throws herself into her mothers arms, sobbing, as a bewildered Jackie just holds her and comforts her. The Doctor stands there, knowing that Jackie has what Rose needs, right this moment, and he feels awful about what she went thru. Jackie worriedly asks about Mickey, and the Doctor tells her that Mickey has 'gone home'.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:32 pm

Loved last Friday's episode. It seemed to me that when the devil
thing first spoke to that liguist it sounded just like the guy voiced Sutek
in the original series Pyramids of Mars. Did anyone else notice that?

Also, the woman floating in space torward the black hole may be one of
the most disturbing images in the Doctor Who series. Great show can't
wait for part 2.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Postby pushka on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:28 pm

Wow! You guys across the Atlantic really are behind with the series! Makes a change to see! :D

I can't wait for the Christmas special this year! Season 2 rocked, but I don't want to post any spoilers for the last episode unless anyone asks of me, and I'll consider it very carefully!

Sad thing is, there was so long to wait between the end of season 2 and the new Christmas special. All I can say is, it's going to be good!!!!
Pushka the Cannon - Cannonade strikes again!
pushka
Luxan Warrior

Postby Mreen on Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:13 am

yup- we just got part 2 where the Doctor meets the Devil :P Personally I was really really let down that it wasnt the Black Guardian, who has little horns and is the embodiment of all evil that the Doctor batttled an entire season chasing the Keys To Time, and then fled from for a season more.. he even sent an assassin, Torlough, after the Doctor to kill him when Peter Davison was there.

I'm just going to have to say 'big coincidence' to the horn look, since its just 'some other villian' that popped up out of nowhere... I had been prepared for a big philosophical debate, where the Doctor has to choose between leaving the universe without a Black Guardian, and therefore without a White Guardian, since one cant exist without another, and the consequences of events working out with a Good or Evil figure to guide them (like timelords bumped off with the Darleks) or if he would let him loose and thus release the White Guardian into the universe again and let a great force for good exist that had been penned up since someone finally trapped the Black Guardian. It would take the burdon off the Doctor as the person who has to decide what history is right and allowed.. I pictured him likely to allow the destruction of Black Guardian, but that story would never let it happen, that now he'd have bigger problems to deal with....

and .. nada, nothing, just some random Hellboy with telepathic abilities.

Oh well. We are also getting season 1 with Chris as the Doctor on BBC just now, so yes.... we are way behind <G>
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:26 pm

I don't know. I liked the whole White Guardian/Black Guardian thing in the original series, but for the new Doctor Who. I think having these omnipotent cosmic forces around would risk sacrificing the lonely at the top thing that is so central to his character.

I like that he as no one to answer to or to seek guidance from. No other Timelords or higher beings.

He's just a lone Timelord grasping at the only connections he can ever have, mortal companions, and living with the fact he killed his entire race and obligations to other races that puts on his shoulders.

I was hoping it would be Sutek though, or some other Osirun gone bad. Their stories were quite similar, forces of light capture ultimate evil power, can't kill him so they imprison him. Suktek was the ultimate psychic badass, even took over the Doctors mind, and off the charts telekenetic. A power this little devil rarely displayed, and to much less an extent.

The here before the universe thing was pretty intriguing though. And from the look the Doctorhad maybe he wasn't as easily defeated as it seemed.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Mreen on Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:40 pm

Well, that was exactly the issue I thought he'd come up against - did he want to be lonely at the top, or deal with the Black and White Guardians? Timelords werent wiped out till the Guardians were imprisoned (or so I pictured the arguement going) so was he better than they? Worse? Was it time for universe to move on without them, reguardless of it being worse? (which I pictured the Doctor choosing in the end)

I know the Osirus dude was supposed to be all powerful.. but I confess, whenever he was on screen I was more interested in watching the human victims or whoever else was in the room, he just couldnt hold my attention at all. Maybe it was the whole 'negative' special effects, but I couldnt wait for them to be done with his scenes and go on the more interesting parts of story. Black Guardian wasnt all that great either, a guy in a funky hat and black robes, but he conveyed the idea of evil so much better, it was kind of fun to watch he and his minions/puppets mince about and argue.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby KaraS on Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:15 pm

Love and Monsters. Well, THAT was different.

I kind of liked it, though perhaps it wouldn't have interested me so much if I didn't recognize the actor who played Elton from Hustle. I thought Elton was sweet, really just a lost soul looking for meaning in his life. He certainly deserved compassion from the Doctor and Rose. Though in the long run, I'm not sure if saving what was left of Ursula was good for him or not. It may have just made it impossible for him to move on with his life.

I understand that the Absorbaloff was created by a child in some contest to create a monster for Dr Who. It wasn't bad as monsters go. A little campy, but that's all right.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Mreen on Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:02 pm

Elton and Ursala seem to progressing quite nicely in life at the end there, kind of showing off a bit how happy they are now they are past the 'just friends' stage.. I dont think he's stuck, unless you consider the monagomy of the relationship as "stuck" (well, I suppose he could cheat on her someday, but not so likely the other way around.)

I thought it was a very funny, very different ep and I really enjoyed it. Thought the scoobydoo point of view Elton took towards them was very appropriate, and the little digs at Doctor Who fan clubs (and fan groups in general) were very funny.

Wasnt it cute how in the end, Elton's memory had them singing so much better than they were in the "real" bit towards the beginning there?

But Ursala will make sure he only takes the good away from that experience, she's sure to keep him grounded.

okay, maybe I meant that as a little bit of pun. I just couldnt help it.

Favorite quote:

"Elton, fetch a spade!"
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby pushka on Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:26 am

Yeah, I remember Love and Monsters. I thought it was little week myself, compared with the action beforehand. It just seemed like they wanted to make an episode to 'fill in the gaps' sort of thing between the real big episodes!

I certainly remember the girl playing Ursula in Harry Potter, haha! I did like the bit at the end when her face was left in the floor tile.

I was a little disappointed in Peter Kay's performance though, I was quite looking forwards to it. (he's soooo good in the John Smith's adverts!!!)
pushka
Luxan Warrior

Postby Mreen on Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:27 am

It was really nice that they ran Christmas Invasion on Christmas Day ..made me feel like I was finally part of the audience that got to that last year <g>

I havent watched this years Christmas ep, but it was fun that BBC America kept rerunning the Charles Dicken's 1890 Christmas all that week (including Christmas Eve) and then the Christmas Invasion ran on Scifi. Very well rounded holiday viewing!
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby pushka on Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:51 am

I've heard some rumours that David Tennant is leaving after season 3, but then again it's only a rumour.

Next thing is, who will be the new Doctor? I heard something about it being Robert Carlisle, but again, that's only a rumour. I was doing some reading around and most of it was just posts up on digital TV forums.

Though someone suggested they'd rather like Richard Armatage to be the new Doctor. I certainly wouldn't be objecting to that one! :wink:
pushka
Luxan Warrior

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows