New Doctor Who S2 in US Spoilers

Talk about any show under the sun, genre or not.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby Mreen on Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:31 pm

wrestling
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:03 pm

KaraS wrote:The whole episode was full of really terrific character moments. (I liked the conversation between Sara Jane and Mickey too.) So much so that the main story tended to get a little overshadowed. It wasn't so much about the Doctor defeating the bat people with a little help from Sarah Jane as it was about the Doctor and Rose running into Sarah Jane and K9 and oh yeah, there were some bat people too. But that's ok. If it were a universe threatening peril every week it would get a little dull.

(OK, I never really took the threat that the bat people represented seriously. Aliens disguised as school nurses and cafeteria personel? Corrupting our youth by making them smarter? Remaking the universe using a hidden numerical code? Have they been talking to Charlie on Numb3rs?)

I thought it did provide a nice conflict, though, for the Doctor to be given a chance to restore Gallifrey and keep Sarah and Rose in his life forever, and Anthony Stewart Head played the devil offering a deal bit perfectly.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Mreen on Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:41 am

The Return of the Cybermen!

Plus we get to see a lot more about Mickey, finally, and so many of our favorite characters returned. I enjoyed this ep - but then again, I love a good two parter!

Delete! Delete! Delete!

(oh, for a gold bullet <G>)
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby sleeper on Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:50 pm

*************Possible spoilers***************************

These cybermen are a little more ruthless than our universe's cybermen. And it is interesting that the Creator of the cybermen is in a wheelchair, sort of a parallel to Davos?!!
Where is some gold dust when you need it. Or are the cybermen's weakness something else in this parallel world.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:59 pm

Yeah, these Cybermen are pretty scary. I wonder if they'll have Cyber Mites to help them convert the populace, I always thought they were creepy.

I do agree that
guy is very similar to Davros, can't wait to see the next ep.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Postby sleeper on Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:13 pm

It would be interesting to see if these Cybermen somehow get into our universe.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Mreen on Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:24 pm

Lets see who can survive this next week first!
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby sleeper on Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:17 pm

Heh, I can't wait.

I felt sorry for Rose when she found out what they(her parallel parents) named the dog.
Also the earplugs are probably a replacement for the cybermats.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:41 pm

I just thought those metal mites wriggling about were a particularly squirm inducuing effect, especially in the working out of the BBC's garage days.

It would be cool to see if these Cybermen break through to our reality. Good qwuestion about the gold dust. I think it was supposed to clog their ventilation system of the original version.

By the way I love that this world's Mickey(aka Ricky) is a bad ass revoltionary leader in this universe. And we finally get some back story on Mickey which was great.

PS

'Cause I hadn't said so before: Girl in the Fireplace was a beautiful and heartbreaking episode and I love the ending, the reason the twisted logic of the computer desided it had to have the brain of a 37 year old Madam de Pompador, chilling.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Postby sleeper on Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:03 pm

That was about the first time I experienced the Doctor being in "love" with a woman and wanted to do something about it. Has there been others? I don't remember any.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby sleeper on Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:07 pm

What I always wanted to see was a cybermen vs. Dalek war in which the Dr. was involved.
Last edited by sleeper on Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Mreen on Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:09 pm

That would be fun 8) Every UK child probably did that on the playground at one point... we had to settle for salt and pepper shakers at war (with parsley guns) in the USA.. and we never took the Darleks seriously enough to battle any other villians, unless you count the Mad Hatter :D
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby sleeper on Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:52 pm

I always thought that maybe the reason that it never happen, was the tight control that Terry Nation had over what content the Daleks were presented in Dr. Who.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Blackjack Davy on Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:59 pm

Aww... it was brilliant to see Sarah Jane again. I was in tears by the end of that episode. :)

Loved Mickey's line: "Oh my God, I'm the tin dog!" :D

My favourite episode this season I think was The Girl in the Fireplace - the ending was very poignant and sad. I liked the idea of clockwork robots that was cool.

Ah it's great to talk to some Farscape fans again I swear they're the friendliest bunch of fans on the 'net and some of the smartest too. Some boards I post on now for another favourite show of mine they've hardly a dozen brain cells to share between them. 8)
Blackjack Davy
Delvian Pa'u

Postby KaraS on Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:45 pm

Yeah, Scapers tend to be a bright bunch. You kind of have to be to "get" Farscape, especially the later seasons.

I felt so bad for Rose when she was talking to alternate reality Jackie and offering her sympathy and advice on her marriage and Jackie turned on her so viciously. That had to hurt.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows