OFFICIAL SG1 Season 10 discussion thread SPOILERS

Talk about any show under the sun, genre or not.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby TINemo on Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:56 am

Probably in Ark of Truth due out in DVD in 2008.--but then again maybe not.The Goauld seem never to go entirely away--or Atlantis' wraiths.Once a villian, always a villian .

Another subject: having watched this ep four times--and heaven help me--taken notes, I think the final conclusion is that all the Asgard technology, their legacy, was destroyed by the Ori beam blast that destroyed the ship thus powering the *core* that held the info to reverse the time field and though the ship was unexploded back to normal, the core was lost.

Poor Asgard, all that time and still everything gone.So glad they trusted SG1 to save it for them--not that they didn't try.

Wonder if anything at all stuck in Carter's or Daniel's brain or is it really all gone?
Technical information nerd
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby littlejamie on Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:00 am

I think that it is possible. That some of it has been stuck somewhere in Sam or Daniel's brain. Or possibly both of them have bit's and pieces scraambled somewhere in there minds.
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby KaraS on Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:37 pm

No, the knowledge of the Asguard was not lost. Time reversed, therefore the ship never exploded and the core was never compromised.

The Ori ship couldn't have been inside the time dialation field. The whole point was that the Earth ship was moving in much faster time than the Ori ship and the advancing energy weapon. The whole 50 years took place in less time in the normal universe than it would take the energy beam to get from the Ori ship to the Earth ship, probably not more than a few seconds.

The ZPM was becomming exhausted by the power demands of the time dialation field which must be very power intensive.

Atlantis didn't go for 10 thousand years on 1 ZPM. There were 3 ZPMs and all 3 were exhausted by the time the Earth expedition arrived.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby TINemo on Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:47 am

As I understoof the story line......the final plan was to reverse time...and the power to do it was obtained by the beam blast *into the core*, thus blowing up the ship...and when the power from that blast was able to reverse time in a localized field the ship was reassembled and Teal'c had to stop Sam from putting them into another time dilation field. However it was the destruction of the Asgard core that powered the time reversal....so it's destroyed,

I went over this plotline numerous time and I'm quite sure that's what supposedly happened.Therefore noone else remembers the 50 years, the info from the Asgard or the technology.The only one with his memory intact is Teal'c and I don't think *muscles* learned the Asgard info from Daniel or the technology from Sam--so it is lost forever.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:09 pm

I think the Asgard core and their technology was restored that was why T'ealc had to give past Sam the data crystal of the program that old Sam made to isolate the core from the warpdrive quickly so they could not be followed.

It was also T'ealc had to stop Sam from initiating the time dilation, if the coree was suddenly gone that would not have been an option anyway.

So I think everything but T'ealc (being seperated by a forcefied) was reset to the way it was before Sam first made the time dilation field.

Plus if the core woud not have survived Daniel woud've insisted on being the one to stay old since a lifetime of research would've taken too long to convey to anyone else.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Postby SunSoldier on Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:29 pm

ok i am late in this conversation so i'm going to jump back to the whole Daniel/Vala situation. Some people are angry that Vala would accept daniel and that Daniel would treat her like that. i don't see him as being selfish or mean at all.

here's how i see it: Daniel had liked her probably from the start, which is why they've always been so annoyed with each other. He has gone through every possible option in his head not to be with her, to fall in love with her, and he wants to give in really badly. But he knows how she used to be and didn't want to be played a fool. so he gives her his opinions, however foolish, only because he needs to get all those excuses off his chest, and maybe also to test her. When he saw that she was hurt and crying, he knew that she was serious. and i'm sure it convinced him even more when she kissed him afterwards with so much love and passion. i think those things had to be said in order for their relationship to truly start and have no walls between them.
"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." --Lucy Lawless, Starlog - Savage Sword of Xena
SunSoldier
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby AERYNSUN on Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:30 pm

Are you saying that it was a way for Daniel of denyong his feelings for Vala? It's possible.

Sometimes denial of feelings is a way of showing them. In my opinion. although I'm one of the people who said that I didn't expect Daniel to treat Vala like that, and knowing Vala, I couldn't believe she accepted him. But this only showed that there were emoti0onal feelings between them.

That's how I see it, too.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby TINemo on Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:51 am

I guess we'll have to wait for the DVDs to see if they rescued the Asgard legacy. I think it was destoyed by the beam thus giving up the energy needed to reverse time, but no matter how often I watch, it's not that clear.

You would think if it had been saved, there would be great jubilation and Sam and Daniel would be busy using it instead of going off-world again.

Sloopy writing....so what else is new?
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:28 pm

I also thought Daniel was uncharacteristically harsh to Vala. And I also think part of that was because he did have feelings for her and was in denial of thoser feeling because of his issues over losing his wife.

I think his being so over the top might be a result of being stuck on that ship for so long, that's bound to make anyone a bit edgy and effect their temper. And he was also depressed at thought of the Asgard not only dying but quite probably losing their legacy. Those conditons would seem to be ripe for momentary emotional breakdowns. I remember Vala was crying in a later scene with no explanation given, and Daniel conforting her. That may have been her trapped on a ship breakdown moment.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Postby TINemo on Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:44 am

I can't even imagine what I would do trapped on a ship with nothing to do to remain sane.

You can only exercise so long. I hate to cook

You can only grow plants so long. There's only so much laundry.

Can't imagine teaching myself to play cello. Not much dusting.

After three weeks on a cruise ship with land excursions every other day or so, I am ready to swim home.

Imagine: no news/TV/reading material. Same people with the same stories. AGGGHHHH!
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby AERYNSUN on Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:42 pm

YEAH!!! boring, boring and boring. But I think that we eventually would find something to do. There's a replicator machine so you can replicate a tv, or a mp3 or Ipod music player,... and even replicate a computer so you can post in this forum and be up-to-date with our favourite shows.

In a personal way, I think we wopuld have time to think about aour lives and try to change that things we did worng. (Knowing that someday this life trapped in a ship will end, of course.

I'm sure that all of us wqould find something to do, I'm sure of that. It's just that as it's no likely we find ourselves in this situation, we can't imagine what this would be.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby TINemo on Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:59 pm

When I think of the things I do now---none of them would be possible.
(travel, for example)
I can't think of anything I've done wrong or would want to change

I don't know anything I'd like to learn more about or practice

I don't listen to music or watch much TV---and I doubt if you could--time dilation field--it would be s-o-o-o-o-o-o slow.

In RL, if Ben were there I would like to get a chance to know him better--the others too--but not 50 years worth.

Nope, really would hate the whole situation.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:46 pm

Yeah, I was kind of surprised that everone on board thought it was crazy for him to be reading the Asgard histories when it looked like they were all going to die and the knowledge with them. Hell, I'd just be reading to them, cause it would be something new to read.
Last edited by Ancient_Einstein on Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Postby TINemo on Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:05 am

Yeah for a while it would be like solving puzzles---and I've wasted entirely too much of my life on those fiendish Sudukos-- but even that would get old really soon.

Of course I'm older than dirt so I'm already bored with my life.That's one reason I read/write these bboards as a hobby.

There are few things I wanted to do that I haven't already done,,,,unless you count sleeping as much as possible. I have a few more places I'd like to see, but the $$$$$ only go so far.Would love to get back to Australia and see New Zealand this time. Wouldn't mind more of Egypt and Rome.

Just being on a star ship and not going anywhere would really be awful.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Mreen on Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:23 am

I'm thinking about the Asguard info.. and I dont see how it could be destroyed. Its distruction powered up Teal'cs journey back to before it was destroyed, and he altered the time line from there to stop it being destroyed.

So while the writers would be falling all over themselves to take this power out of SG-1's hands so they wouldnt be too powerful for any enemies they come up with, the fact that it was the end of the series, allowed them to keep it. No guarenteeing it's fate in the movies tho - I would bet at best its sent off, message in a bottle type device, to drift thru space and time for safe keeping, till they are 'ready' - ie, dont have bad guys trying to steal it from them and make bad mojo into super bad mojo.

Trapped in a ship... I'd be bored the first day and increasingly so .. but after a while, I'd adapt and learn to play piano. And maybe speak a language. Sam wouldnt have anything better to do than give us physics lessons so we could work on it with her, maybe, after a while <g>

Daniel's behavior made perfect sense to me .. he explained the reason he was holding back was because he was sure she knew they'd never work out and every flirtation she did was meant as a mockery, and he just wasnt taking it anymore! It wasnt entirely rational thinking, but Daniel's always lived more by his emotions than any other character in the show. He tends to fall in love fast and hard and not stop till she dies, or is taken over a by someone... or both. Denial over falling for someone like Vala would be very strong, so he rationalized every reason he could to slow it down some.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows