Official sG-1 for aussies Thread

Talk about any show under the sun, genre or not.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby Mreen on Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:02 am

Last I heard, it was in Febuary.... but you are supposed to them all aired in a row without a hiatus between
Last edited by Mreen on Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Alphabet Cookie on Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:38 pm

Febuary?! but thats ages away :cry: :cry: :cry:
Aeryn to Chiana about John
Aeryn: it wasnt my door he was last seen sniffing at.
Chiana: some women would consider that a complement.
Aeryn: some women have to!
Alphabet Cookie
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Mreen on Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:44 am

At least it's not February 31st
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby B'Elanna on Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:41 am

i was told by a friend that SG9 will be on dvd in about two months (Source: ezydvd). you can always download it, thats how a friend of mine got them
I aim to misbehave
-Serinity
B'Elanna
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

incoming wormhole!

Postby scaperfan on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:40 pm

Season 9 starts this Thursday the 29th, channel 7 at 11pm...
Yay for getting it back 8) , boo for the terrible timeslot! :evil:
Mal: "It ain't all buttons and charts little Albatross. You know what the first rule of flyin' is? Well I suppose you do, since you already know what I'm about to say."
River: "I do, but I like to hear you say it."
Mal: "Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she ain't keepin' up just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her up when she ought to fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens, makes her home."
River: "Storm's getting worse."
Mal: "We'll pass through it soon enough."
scaperfan
Kalish Resistance

Postby B'Elanna on Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:19 am

Offical i checked it out yesterday:

Stargate Season 9 comes out on DVD on August 17th!
I aim to misbehave
-Serinity
B'Elanna
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Mreen on Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:12 am

That's a long ways to wait!!
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Alphabet Cookie on Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:47 pm

Im loving the new season with our two favorite new additions. i dont know why all those people were complaining. i know its different and i do miss RDA but its new and fresh now, and im enjoying it
even if i do have to stay up till 11.15pm to watch it. :wink:
its return was so un- announced that i missed the first 3 or 4 episodes so i cant wait for the DVD's to come out.
but yeahy that stargate is FNALLY back in Aus :D
Alphabet Cookie
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Mreen on Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:19 pm

Congrats! tho the first 6 eps are the best of the yr, almost, so you might want to try to find those somewhere...

I thought season 9 was so much better than they'd been in a long time, and season 10 is, so far, better than 9. Things are progressing, there's movement, enthusiasm, characters are clicking ... RDA was great, but he seemed so pained to be there in season 9 that I was surprisingly glad he made no other guest appearences. (hope thats not a spoiler!) I thnk he needed a huge break, and needed it badly. Maybe one appearence a year is all he'll want to do.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Alphabet Cookie on Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:27 am

Did anyone else in Aus buy th eSeason 9 DVD set yet?
At first i was gonna ba good and watch them on tv, but i couldnt help myself. i really like season 9, and cant wait for a Atlantis and season 10, when it eventually gets here next year.
Did anyone else see in TVweek that thing about some weird wizard of oz episode they're doing in season 10? apparantly theyre gonna send up farscape which should be heaps funny.

i agree i think this season is the best in quite some time :D
Alphabet Cookie
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby KaraS on Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:16 pm

Mreen wrote:Congrats! tho the first 6 eps are the best of the yr, almost, so you might want to try to find those somewhere...

I thought season 9 was so much better than they'd been in a long time, and season 10 is, so far, better than 9. Things are progressing, there's movement, enthusiasm, characters are clicking ... RDA was great, but he seemed so pained to be there in season 9 that I was surprisingly glad he made no other guest appearences. (hope thats not a spoiler!) I thnk he needed a huge break, and needed it badly. Maybe one appearence a year is all he'll want to do.

Apparently RDA had reciently injured his back and was on heavy pain killers when he filmed those scenes Mreen. I agree that he seemed not too happy to be there.

But his appearance in the season episode 200 was lots of fun. And yes, there is Wizard Of Oz and Farscape in that ep as well. And more other fun stuff than you could shake a stick at!
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Mreen on Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:54 pm

Oh, he was really great there!

I was glad that this one occurred after he'd had a break and seemed to enjoy playing 'Visitor Royale' for a change. I really do enjoy watching him, and I was glad to see them do it right this time. (that sentiment could go for the entire ep - I loved the whole thing!)

As for the injured back and painkillers story, that's just the latest in a string of stories I've heard to explain his first appearence - the first one was 'He had a bad cold' - it looks like he's becoming more decrepit and frail with each twist of the tale :wink: I think we'll have to settle for the fact that if there was an outside influence, we're never going to know what really happened with all the stories flying about.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Vye King on Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:40 am

Alphabet Cookie wrote:Did anyone else see in TVweek that thing about some weird wizard of oz episode they're doing in season 10? apparantly theyre gonna send up farscape which should be heaps funny.

That does look like a good one. If you go to YouTube you can watch exerts (spelling?) of that episode. search for stargate episode 200. Basicly

Spoilers

The alien who made Wormhole Extreme (Episode 100) is back and making another show. SG-1 give him some suggestions. Vala offers details of all her wacky adventures that are just ripoffs of other shows, like wizard of oz or gilligans island etc. The alien (whos name I forget) gets fed up and she comes up with something new, Farscape!!

End Spoilers
Ozscape 2 9th and 10th June 2007
https://ssllocked.com/~events/index.php ... &Itemid=72
Everybodys crazy, it's just how much.
Proudly a few levels above the norm.
Vye King
Luxan Warrior

Re: Official sG-1 for aussies Thread

Postby mksimith2 on Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:00 am

In my opinionStargate SG-1 is one of the best sci-fi shows ever made. Not only does it have a very original and compelling premise but it also has some of the best and most original characters of any TV show. As well as this it manages to pull of not only convincing character development but also manages to move the show itself forward at a steady and realistic pace. It has great writers with fabulous plotlines and dialogue. The acting is also some of the best you will find in a genre show of this type. Richard Dean Anderson in particular is superb.
mksimith2
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Previous

Return to Other Shows