OFFICIAL Battlestar Gallactica

Talk about any show under the sun, genre or not.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby CactusWoman on Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:44 am

Thanks for the help :)
FARSCAPE VIRTUAL SEASON 5 IS HERE!!!
The war may be over, but the story continues...
http://www.Freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
CactusWoman
Nebari Snurcher

Postby KaraS on Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:23 pm

TINemo wrote:Oh and one other thing about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. If a couple is married in the Temple they are sealed to each other for eternity--none of this *till death do us part' --although if your spouse dies you are allowed to marry again.

I've always kind of liked that part.

In the original BSG, when Apollo and Serena were married they called it being "sealed". I seem to remember that the ceremony in the program was similar to a Mormon ceremony.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby TINemo on Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:38 pm

Well nobody was killed in last night's semi finale--no new shows till Jan.

What did you think of the Charlies Angel Admiral who just showed up and started taking over?She seems like a more effective Cylon than Tigh's drunken slutty wife. And a lovely crew she has too, gang raping another version of Six.

I think this show is trying for the new dirty gritty award-- and unless SG1 livens up a whole lot--they should get it.never mind Atlantis, I watched the semi finale twice and still can't remember much of the plot. If only someone would make Shepherd comb his hair! Not even in an alternate reality does he tidy his bed head.Boo wraiths!

Did you know the girl wraithe back a few eps was the gal who plays Kaylie in Firefly. Couldn't tell with the prosthetics.
Technical information nerd
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby BlackAdder on Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:26 am

I was really, really uncomfortable throughout the episode - I guess in a good sort of way but mostly in a "No, no and may I repeat YIPES." kind of way. It was a stunning hour of television.

Cain if she is a Cylon (and I doubt she is) told such a vague tale about the survival of the Pegagsus that the words "Okay, that's hinky at best." What has this woman really been up to? Aside from taking martial law to a scary level?

Then it just got more evil and horrifying by the minute. Cain is technically right about everything she says about Adama's logs in way but I'm still convinced that this is not your parents BSG and Ron Mooore (the creator) got a little too in our faces about that.

Transferring Lee and Kara seemed set up to humiliate them both - what with Lee packing the surveilance gear he gives to Kara (after Lee is humiliatingly busted back to raptor duty and Kara is told to fly a B.S. mission) and tells her to go get the blackbird. Quite possibly the only order Starbuck has happily performed - it made me wonder if Adama Sr. wasn't behind that all.

The XO's "joke" to Tigh seemed a warning that this is the most ruthless wench the Coloninal fleet has ever known.

What I was left wondering if CAG (the surly one that ordered Lee on the raptor mission with him) wasn't pershaps rife for a mutany anyway. He delivers his mission statement to a far more miltary group - but they all had stone faces. Were they really proud of their kills or thinking "If this is life....where's the exit?"

Throw in Gina (the copy of Six although her name is never mentioned - I listesned to the podcast) being so horribly brutalized (and it seemed she was trying to starve herself to death rather than face any more "interrogation") - and Callis in his most humane moment ever gently getting the weakened Six to eat at a tear trickeld down his cheek. I became really nervous about whether or not it might be a good idea to make friends with this Cy-woman. Trifica Helfer acted the hell out of that scene, and I was cringing at the thought of the "Please disturb" line of sodiers but I think we probably just met the most evil of the Cy-humans regardless. Oh, and joy, she has a really good reason to hate humanity on "Personal" level. It was all just so "Crap, and I thought Six was creepy in most incarnations anyway.

But I was literally curled up in a ball when Thorn enters Sharon's cell and she greets him so politely, says she's never seen the really weird looking ship (and I don't think she was lying) and then ....YIPES. Between the party on the deck where the Pegagus crew is literally bragging about their rape technique (even making Cally "shoot that toaster dead" sick) - Helo and the Chief running like mad to save Sharon - Tyrols accidental murder or Thorn and Cain's decision to have them both executed. Tryol for murder (very ironic) and Helo for treason as Sharon tries to hide under a blanket (which broke my heart) - I was cheering Adama's split second decision to launch vipers.

What follows is speculation because I swear they've got a gag order on the regular spoiler sources or something - trying to up the suspense.

The cliffhanger isn't "Gee, do you think Galatica is going to win?" The show is BSG, of course they will "win" but the uneasy look on the flight crews deck as Cain returns the order is what got to me. They looked varying degrees of "Yup, completely confirmed...she's NUTS." "We're killing ....humans now?" and "Can someone please just get me out of this hell?"

Lee being behind the CAG is a dead giveaway that Lee, arms of iron will have no problem taking possibly evil Cag out if he wasn't in on some sub-plot against evil Cain (and I'm sorry, that woman is evil she took away Adama's son and sort of surrogate daughter in one move??) - I'm not spoiled for this so I honestly was wondering "What is the Cag doing in raptor anyway? Is he that desperate to humiliate Lee or is the openng line of next season going to be him giving the signal for rebellion? "Pegagus vipers begin firing on Pegagus NOW." (It wouldn't surprise me).

It's Helo and the Chief I'm honestly scared out of my mind for (and yay, I have MONTHTS to wait to find out) because they are in a really terrible position. Both handcuffed and pretty much their only hope seems to be the drafted Chief equivalent on that same transport - what with Helo and Tyrol being transported back for immediate execution and that horrible large guy with his large gun pointed directly at them already.

Talk about a tense cliffhanger because you just know this isn't going to go well. The Peg-XO direct warning to Tigh seemed like half of these people were begging for release from the horribleness that is Cain anyway.

Helo may die yet but Moore isn't quite that foolish (I hope) he's hugely popular with the eye-candy for women set and they man can act too when they let him. Admittedly, that didn't save the very talented Sam Witwer (Crashdown) but I hope against hope that "Chief" from Pegagus somehow rigged those handcuffs (or will) and the stonecoldl rapist assisstent/assassin will meet up with the combined and not insubtantial physical wrath of team Helo and Tyrol and end up the loser.

Spoilers on that are so closely guarded that even IMBD went along and wiped episode appearances for the second season for ALL BSg crew. It was there, and now it is not.

The only clue we have right now is that both Tamhoh Penikett (Helo) and Aaron Douglas (Chief Tryol) both announced they had signed up for next years DragonCon if both their characters were going to be killed in scene they arleady shot or they knew "Hello to death" they'd be looking for WORK not signing up as guests for a Con in a year's time.

Actual spoiler space because there is one confirmed one -

Someone does kill Cain. We aren't sure who yet but as the battle begins someone stands up and shoots her in the head. Chances are it is not Gina as she is locked in the brig. So who the heck executes Cain?
BlackAdder
Nebari Snurcher

Postby TINemo on Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:30 am

I read somewhere that Billy gets killed, but I must don't see him taking on the Admiral unless she was threatening Dee.

I guess that's why I don't write this stuff, it's way too twisted for me.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby CactusWoman on Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:09 am

regarding the mentioned flimsy reason for the Pegasus turning up.

It turned up in the original BSG. Also under dubious explanation. Cain was played by Lloyd Bridges. As I recall, in the old BSG, Cain went out with a bang on an against all odds plan of attack on the Cylons.

But in the old, less realistic, version; he too was a scarey 'loose cannon' and his fighters were definately more aggresive than the BSG.

So an old element has been brought back in a more modern package, as is the whole show.

I am so addicted.
FARSCAPE VIRTUAL SEASON 5 IS HERE!!!
The war may be over, but the story continues...
http://www.Freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
CactusWoman
Nebari Snurcher

Oh, yeah

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:59 pm

Pegasus was unbeleivably great. It showed just how how ever flawed and conflicted the Galactica crew are it could be so much worse. I love how it started out with the Pegasus people acting very professional and competant and then the growing since of unease and then horror.

In addition to the state of Six and the brutally disturbing scene with Boomer just the subtelties of how cold and impersonal the corridors of Pegasus looked really help deliver the point.

One minor issue that's not really about the episode or series. Does aybody else get annoyed everytime Scifi calls their mid-season break episodes season finales. This isn't a season finale when Battlestar Season 2 comes out it isn't going to be here it'll be ten episodes after here. I guess I woudn't mind so much except I suspect that misuse of the term started as a shameless attempt to fool Farscape fans into thinking they were getting the promised Fifth season when they were just getting a fourth split down the middle.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Postby TINemo on Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:22 pm

Hmmm don't know what the strategy behind the series semi-finale, but it sure is dull on Fridays now with nothing but reruns.

I suppose they don't want to compete with the new shows on the networks--none of which have interested me yet--so they'll come back in Jan with the second half(?) and have an actual finale--assuming BSG and SG1 and SGAtlantis are all renewed.

Can't renew Firefly, though--and I guess it didn't make much of an impression. $10 Million the first week, $ 4.5 Mil the second and then it dropped off the charts. Since it cost $40mil hope they'll make it up when the DVD comes out. Not very promising for a FS movie IMHO
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby KaraS on Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:19 pm

TINemo wrote:Hmmm don't know what the strategy behind the series semi-finale, but it sure is dull on Fridays now with nothing but reruns.

I suppose they don't want to compete with the new shows on the networks--none of which have interested me yet--so they'll come back in Jan with the second half(?) and have an actual finale--assuming BSG and SG1 and SGAtlantis are all renewed.

Can't renew Firefly, though--and I guess it didn't make much of an impression. $10 Million the first week, $ 4.5 Mil the second and then it dropped off the charts. Since it cost $40mil hope they'll make it up when the DVD comes out. Not very promising for a FS movie IMHO

Have you tried watching Threshold and Numb3rs? I'm really enjoying those shows. It's great to have Brent Spiner back and Peter MacNicol is always worth watching.

Oh, BSG, SG-1 and SGA will be back I'm sure. The ratings are good and the critics just love BSG. Of course that didn't save Farscape...

As for Serenity, I'm sure it will do well on DVD and that's what they will be looking for. After all, it was DVD sales that got the movie made in the first place.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Finale

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:00 pm

Yeah, I don't that BSG will finish it's current season and I wouldn't rule out another after that.

I just find the terminology annoying if for no other reason than because they started using it at the time they cancelled Farscape so hearing it reopens old wounds.
Last edited by Ancient_Einstein on Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Pegasus

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:57 pm

Great News!! I was listening to the PodCast commentary for Pegasus and Ron Moore said there would be an extended version of Pegasus pt. 1 in the Season 2 DVD.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Dani Moure on Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:45 am

I can't read this thread as a whole as it has some spoilers in, and I've almost read some by accident, but I just wanted to pipe up and say BSG is officially my new favourite show. It eclipses even Lost for me now (I had them mostly neck and neck after the first season of each).

It's just so awesome and real and gritty, and though it's far more "realistic" it reminds me a lot of Farscape, with its really personable characters and stories. There are some excellent plots and lovely long story arcs, nice and complex and interwoven, but at the end of the day it's all about teh characters and the effects things have on them. Having watched the whole of S2 so far in quick succession, it was just awesome.

So many great plotlines, the Cylon stories heating up, everything happening on Caprica and Kobol, the events on Galactica with all the betrayal and mutiny type stuff, and there were even a couple of nice, more downbeat "time with characters" stories like eps 8 and 9. But 10 was great as well, and Michelle Forbes really kicked ass. Not as much as Adama/Starbuck/Apollo, but hey, she was great. And quite frankly I was shocked and disturbed (and a bit out of my comfort zone) during the Boomer in the brig sequence, but I thought it was very well done.

This show is just great and I would so urge everyone to try it out. Not every FS fan will like it, but a heck of a lot will, I'm sure.
.dani//MOURE
Webmaster and anime maniac. Raelee Hill's biggest fan. David Kemper's biggest fan too.
Also webmaster/owner of Farscape World (duh!).
Dani Moure
Evil Overlord
Evil Overlord

Postby KaraS on Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:25 pm

Dani Moure wrote: And quite frankly I was shocked and disturbed (and a bit out of my comfort zone) during the Boomer in the brig sequence, but I thought it was very well done.

You were SUPPOSED to be shocked and disturbed by what happened to Boomer. That was the point and I'd worry about anyone who wasn't shocked and disturbed.

The Galactica crew know Cylons aren't human but for a long while they thought Boomer (the first Boomer) was a human and they had an emotional connection to her. This new Boomer looks and acts the same so the emotional connection (good and bad) continues. They treat her like an enemy, but a human enemy.

The people from the Pegasus obviously don't regard Cylons as human. Their Cylon (Gina/#6) was not a part of their crew and they had no pre-existing emotional connection to her before she was discovered as a Cylon spy. They regard her as a dangerous creature and any humanitarian conventions they have regarding prisoners of war obviously don't apply to her. Since they don't know Boomer and have no memories of regarding her as a human being, they see her in exactly the same light, a dangerous creature who can be tortured for information.

Then again, the crew of the Pegasus is obviously under tremendous stress and if Admiral Caine would shoot her second in command for disobeying an order that way, perhaps they WOULD mistreat a human enemy in that manner. Humans on Earth have done such things to other humans before. They do it all the time.
KaraS

KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby BlackAdder on Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:51 pm

Dani? Turn away - spoilers galore and I'll grab the link for the promo and edit in. Here we go:

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

(compiled from three different reliable sources)

Cain is one big chunk of evil hell bitch. Seriously, she's not nice at all. The launch on BSG is called off when the Cylons attack and BSG and Pegasus have to team up to defeat them. It is learned that Cain had a civilian fleet with her but abandoned them. She has been doing things like killing the families of people not willing to continue in her quest to defeat the Cylons also - and from the sounds of that spoiler that's an opener.

It is Gina that eventually murders Cain. Both the Chief and Helo make it out of that transport alive, saved by Lee (not sure how). Those are the big spoilers for the upcoming episode.

Later episodes will include Lee being accidentally shot by Kara - Dee is comforting him when the group is attacked again and this may be where Billy buys the farm (80% confirmation on that).

President Roslin becomes increasingly ill and is saved by what sounds like an advanced form of stem cells taken from Boomer's baby (but the baby is not aborted in the process).

I could keep going on her for a bit. There are solid spoilers for the next four episodes but honestly, to sum up? This is looking good folks.

Now let me grab that promo link.

http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3EXWDGHY5BJZY3RZS1AD2IB906

Also, this is not a spoiler but a harbinger of good things to come. BSG is (as everyone knows) picked up for a third season and the Sci Fi execs have stated that the pitched ending for this season made even them "do a double take" in a good way :)
BlackAdder
Nebari Snurcher

Postby BlackAdder on Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:20 pm

Another teaser trailer. I wouldn't recommend it for the unspoiled. But it's interesting and fairly spoilery. It also is a tiny bit contradictory of the spoilers I've read but I think I did figure out part of it.

http://meta.angstnromance.net/pandora/B ... review.htm

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Actually, a fairly large one so look away now please if you are unspoiled. Last chance.

Still no confirmation on Billy's death but it seemed likely. Also, the little girl in the promo shot is Lee's alleged daughter. So there's a mind frak for you. Yikes. The Sharon throwing herself against the door shot fits with a scene in which she's freaking out over the thought that she won't be allowed to keep her baby (I heard the audio on that but I'm not positive it ties in to that scene...seems likely though since I heard her yelling and Helo pleading "Sharon, don't do this."

Another link to screencaps that contain a big honking spoiler but as TV Guide already published an interview discussing this unscripted moment between two actors, it probably is best not to look if you don't like the big spoilers.

Credit goes to the Dark Thoughts. site.

http://galactica.emedian.net/ep2.11.html
BlackAdder
Nebari Snurcher

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows