newbie question about episodes on DVD

Discussions relating Farscape's many episodes.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

newbie question about episodes on DVD

Postby psu on Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:20 pm

I am brand new to Farscape. I am a cable-less sci-fi fan who has discovered the joys of Netflix. Quick question - do the episodes on the DVD's (e.g. Season 2 disc 1) appear in the order they should be watched? The episodes on the first disc I have don't seem to line up with the episodes on this sites episode guide.
Another quick question- I can't seem to lay my hands on Season 1. Why is that?

Thanks so much! I'm anxious to watch this show I've heard so much about!
psu
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Re: newbie question about episodes on DVD

Postby Firecracker on Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:43 am

In answer to your first question - yes. However for confirmation, check out this site for the order to watch the episodes. Farscape World lists the episodes in production order, rather than viewing order. Most of the time that isn't a problem - until you come to things like the "Look at the Princess" trilogy.

The Season 1 DVDs are so difficult to find because Sony has acquired the copyright to them and has not yet reissued them. As Sony acquires the rights to the rest of the Seasons they will also become as scarce as hens teeth.

However if you are in the US, you can can download all four Seasons (including the illusive Season 1) from iTunes.

And welcome to Crack TV!
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Re: newbie question about episodes on DVD

Postby psu on Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:21 pm

Thanks so much for the site link and for all of the other info. I got totally swept up in reruns of SG1. (Got that DVD collection.) That led me to Ben Browder which brought me to Farscape. Can't wait to start! I think I'm going to download the 1st season from iTunes (although I would rather watch them on my TV) so I can start from the beginning.
Thanks again for all of your help. REALLY appreciate it!

All the best to you!
psu
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Return to Episodes