Look at the Princess Question

Discussions relating Farscape's many episodes.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Look at the Princess Question

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:29 pm

Anyone wonder if Counselor Tino might have been lying about Crichton not being able to survive being made into a statue again, so he could be with the woman he loved.

It seemed suspicious to me that he just stood there while the Empress was trying to convince John to stay and only brought it up after it seemed like she had succeeded.

You'd think he would have told the Empress about it right away, and she in turn wouldn't have even bothered telling John he had a daughter on the way. It just seemed like an interesting thought. Especially in light of Katralla's acusation that Tino wasn't trying to fight for their love in part one.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Firecracker on Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:29 pm

The convoluted plot and corkscrew machinations of all the characters (except Aeryn) makes your conclusion quite plausible. :)

It makes sense to me. 8)
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:05 pm

Thanks for the reply
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Postby thoth on Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:52 am

Comparing Katralla's and John's experience with the statuefication process, I think the writers intended it as factual for John being unable to survive it a second time. Katralla went through the process just fine while John was put through a great deal of pain.
Sikozu: Tell me, when will we stop following this human and start imposing our agenda on him?
Scorpius: We already have...
thoth
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Firecracker on Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:46 am

but it makes Tyno a much more interesting character - and one who is willing to pursue his agenda - if he did lie to the Empress so that he could take Crichton's place as a statue.

considering that katralla had asked him to arrange something so that they could be together and that is (eventually) exactly what happened - I would say that even though I don't think Tyno arranged everything, I do think he was smart enough and bold enough to act when he saw the opportunity.

Tyno is going to make a great consort. :)
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby littlejamie on Fri May 11, 2007 12:39 am

That is interesting. John could see they loved eachother. Tyno knew too that John really didn't want to be a statue in the first place.

Of course when he found out about the baby he was willing to be a statue again. Tyno saw that he would be a father.
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Return to Episodes