Understanding "My Immortal" Fan Vid

Discussions relating Farscape's many episodes.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Understanding "My Immortal" Fan Vid

Postby *Erin_Sun* on Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:01 am

Hello all, I am a rather fresh Farscape fan, and I'm trying to catch up as fast I can (It's only on once or twice a week)

What fist got me introduced to Farscape was a fan vid I found by mistake, "My Immortal" by Lithium Doll (if you haven't seen it yet...you're missing out)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXk8PAdYC3Y

So I saw it in 2004, and Farscape became this awesome show that I liked to watch and never understand what was happening. What drew me to it was the love-hate relationship, the amazing hotness of Ben Browder, and the fact that I kind of resemble Clauia Black on a good day, and my name is Erin :lol:

Lately, as I said, I've been trying to catch up, and I'm wondering what episodes were of featured in the vid?

In particular,
-The clip where Aeryn pushes John, and he pushes back (I think it's shown a couple of times in the video)
-The clip where Aeryn is wearing that purple-velvety top
-The clip where John looks kind of physco, and shoots his gun with tears in his eyes
-The clip where Aeryn is squatting in full body profile watching the stars, and there is some sort of a solar flare or bright light, and she slowly stands up
-The clip where Aeryn is lying in something resembling a coffin

Any help would be great you guys rock!
*Erin_Sun*
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Re: Understanding "My Immortal" Fan Vid

Postby Firecracker on Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:37 am

*Erin_Sun* wrote:Lately, as I said, I've been trying to catch up, and I'm wondering what episodes were of featured in the vid?

In particular,
-The clip where Aeryn pushes John, and he pushes back (I think it's shown a couple of times in the video)

Dog with Two Bones. Absolutely iconic scene. Don't miss the episode. Don't miss the entire season.

-The clip where Aeryn is wearing that purple-velvety top

Um. Yeah. Season 3 again.

-The clip where John looks kind of physco, and shoots his gun with tears in his eyes

Season two.

-The clip where Aeryn is squatting in full body profile watching the stars, and there is some sort of a solar flare or bright light, and she slowly stands up

Season four

-The clip where Aeryn is lying in something resembling a coffin

Season Two.

You really do need to see the whole storyline of each clip to fully understand the heavy emotional coding in each scene.

Sorry. I am not any real help.

But believe me - if you rent or buy the DVD and watch in order - you will not be sorry. In any way shape or form.

And welcome to the addiction! :)
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Thanks!

Postby *Erin_Sun* on Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:46 am

Hey thanks that actually was really helpful...

I think I shall try to rent it...it's easier than 2am :shock:
*Erin_Sun*
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby StarF on Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:30 am

and the fact that I kind of resemble Clauia Black on a good day,

we want pics ;)

any way.. get the dvd´s if you can.. and see it from the start to the end.. its well worth the money, caus the show is so amazing.. you wont regret it! :)
StarF
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby *Erin_Sun* on Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:42 am

Bahaha yes well, I shall update my sig
*Erin_Sun*
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby StarF on Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:38 pm

*Erin_Sun* wrote:Bahaha yes well, I shall update my sig

If that is you on the sign, then yes u DO look like her.... :)

Now do we got a Male Ben Browder look alike here?
StarF
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Re: Understanding "My Immortal" Fan Vid

Postby bwilli18 on Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:28 pm

*Erin_Sun* wrote:Hello all, I am a rather fresh Farscape fan, and I'm trying to catch up as fast I can (It's only on once or twice a week)

What fist got me introduced to Farscape was a fan vid I found by mistake, "My Immortal" by Lithium Doll (if you haven't seen it yet...you're missing out)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXk8PAdYC3Y

So I saw it in 2004, and Farscape became this awesome show that I liked to watch and never understand what was happening. What drew me to it was the love-hate relationship, the amazing hotness of Ben Browder, and the fact that I kind of resemble Clauia Black on a good day, and my name is Erin :lol:

Thanks, that's a really cool vid. I must admit, I'm usually not too taken with fan-fic and/or tribute art. But, that one seemed to really capture the pathos that many of us shippers love.

I'm so jealous that you're getting to see these for the first time. That's a unique experience. Get the DVDs--join Netflix or buy them or whatever. But, get the DVDs and watch them all from the beginning. The pay-off is worth it. I've loaned the whole series to a friend so that he can get that chance and so that I can stop watching them for a while and then come back to it, but I'll never have the thrill of discovery again.

I love all of the seasons because the characters develop and change and grow and get damaged, making the thrills of later seasons authentic and earned.

When she shoves him and he shoves her, you'll know why...
bwilli18
Luxan Warrior

Postby littlejamie on Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:51 pm

I agree. With you the " the amazing hotness of Ben Browder" :).

It's true you definately need to watch in order. To get the full emotional impact of it all. Including the scenes.

Especially the scene in "Dog With Two Bones".
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby *Erin_Sun* on Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:33 pm

Thanks guys, I really need to get a hand on those DVDs...

I'm trying to get my friends interested in Farscape but it's a slow process...

Not sure why, Farscape is one of those shows that is just easy to love.
*Erin_Sun*
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby littlejamie on Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:12 pm

Yeah it's easy to love.

My twin is the only one who will watch with me. Even though she doesn't, once in awhile she will sit through part of an episode when she is really bored.
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Return to Episodes