Look at the princess

Discussions relating Farscape's many episodes.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Look at the princess

Postby StarF on Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:52 pm

In this trilogy, Scorpius did a big mistake, and i wonder if he at least in this ep is as genius as we all would think he is..

when criton is to be married to the princess, and he dosent want to. He allows him self to be used to presure John into marryin her.. Why would he do that? if he does become regent of that empire, he would be out of scorpius grasp and scorpius should know john wouldent pick him over the princess, so WHY does scorpius do this? a moch better plan would be to leave the planet and hope to capture john some other time.....
StarF
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby BlackAdder on Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:43 pm

There's an existing thread on the triology. It helps to run a search before posting. I'll see if I can grab a link for you.

Here you go http://www.farscapeworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3310&highlight=princess
BlackAdder
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Mad on Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:36 am

The trilogy look at the princess is good , it has of the wonderful moments John/Aeryn ,but from narrative point of view it has not convinced to me completely , the part 3 then is more weak....

MAD of love.....farscape
Mad
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Ehraeyn on Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:24 pm

I've actually seen this one, so I think I can comment on this really quickly before I grab another tortilla. Well, Scorpius had finally tracked him down, and he was sorta stuck right there, so it wouldn't be too hard to capture him as soon as he got the royal family against John. He needed only for John to do what he normally does, and to taint the royal families minds, and John would quickly fall into his hands. Though, exposing himself to John wasn't the brightest idea. It would have been better to act behind the scenes, until the end, but his way worked, somewhat. I didn't like the ending, actually I did, but I think that they could have gone more into the other characters, actually, I'm rambling right now. But, yeah. Jakin's confused right now, she tells me. I told her to shut up. She didn't listen. That's why we got off topic right there.

~Ehraeyn
"You cannot kill me! You cannot rip out the heart that is no longer beating!"
Ehraeyn
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby pushka on Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:55 pm

This trilogy had some really powerful scenes in it!

It had one of the best Pilot/Moya moments when they died and Zhaan got really angry with The Builders. It has that brilliant scene with John on the wedding gift ship - I love that bit when he jumps out into space without a suit and manages to get to the shuttle. Of course, there's Aeryn getting ripped up about the whole marrying the princess thing and then her trying to pretend she doesn't care! Yeah right!

Also one of my favourite funny Farscape moments when John gets his head cut off!
Pushka the Cannon - Cannonade strikes again!
pushka
Luxan Warrior

Postby poundpuppy29 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:59 am

The part at the end when John saw his little girl made me cry he was in so much pain when he told them to "take care of my little girl"
My Fav SciFi & Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies & Franchises & My Fav Ships & My Fav Characters & My Sports Teams
poundpuppy29
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby SunSoldier on Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:42 pm

this trilogy was really good, i'd say. one of my favorite parts was when Aeryn and Dregon were injured and lying under the stars by a fire. This conversation:

Dregon: You're not trained to deal with emotions. You're afraid of them. Emotional pain, you wear like a badge. It means you've been there. And it can't get calloused because each fresh hurt stings like the first.

Aeryn: Why would you want that?

Dregon: Because of all the days before it hurts. The good days, when you're in love.

I think this was what began to open aeryn's curiosity of love and committment to John, which would be my guess as to why in the end she did the compatability serum thing with John. Anyone agree?

Oh and as for Crichton's affair with Jenavia...why was that not made into a bigger deal? I mean, obviously he wasn't THAT in love with aeryn, to bang a peacekeeper! that just totally went against everything he asked aeryn to believe of him!
"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." --Lucy Lawless, Starlog - Savage Sword of Xena
SunSoldier
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Chocolate on Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:13 pm

I quite agree, SunSoldier.
John was supposed to be the one who wanted love, Aeryn was the one who wanted casual sex. So how comes it's always John who is "clicking" (to quote PK Tech Girl) with other women rather than her?
For John there was Jenavia, he was kissing practically every other girl in that planet before he had to marry Katralla, before that there was Gilina, he shared unity with Zhaan, had a few close encounters with Chiana, in Terra Firma he even hooked up with Caroline. Hell, even Furlow kissed him!

I think the only time Aeryn was into another guy was in "A Bug's Life" with Larraq, and that didn't go very well... She didn't even like Dregon, she was with him to piss Crichton off.
"It is pointless to lie to your God as I am All-Knowing as well as All-Beautiful." - Vala Mal-Doran
Chocolate
Luxan Warrior

Postby littlejamie on Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:38 am

They do click. It's just Aeryn who pushes away because of her upbringing. She is not ready.

John kisses all the women because Aeryn is pissed at him and won't talk. Dregan does help Aeryn see things differently, and not be so scared about love.

Who knows but I don't think John and caroline had sex. Caroline knew or could tell John loved Aeryn.
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby Chocolate on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:22 am

Yes, I agree with you LittleJaime, when love is concerned, but I'm not talking about love - Aeryn is supposed to push away love, but not push away sex, because of her upbringing.
She is supposed to be the one who can and wants to "recreate" without it ever being emotional, and John is supposed to be the one who needs emotions.
She's obviously in love with John and keeps fighting it, but I can't see why it should stop her from having sex with other people. That's how she was brought up.
John is in love with Aeryn and doesn't fight it, and he seems to want these emotions, and yet he never stops sleeping around! :lol:
"It is pointless to lie to your God as I am All-Knowing as well as All-Beautiful." - Vala Mal-Doran
Chocolate
Luxan Warrior

Postby littlejamie on Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:37 am

Aeryn does fight it. She was taught that emotions get in the way. Later with what happens with Zhaan makes her belief that the peacekeepers were right about that.

I kmow of course the sleeping around usual happens when Aeryn is pissed at him and he gets frustrated when she pushes him away. Also that it probably has been awhile.

It does take her along time not to fight love.
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby JackBauer on Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:34 pm

Id bang Jenavia too if I had the chance. Semi-Separated girlfriend or not.
JackBauer
Delvian Pa'u

Return to Episodes