question about bad timing..

Discussions relating Farscape's many episodes.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

question about bad timing..

Postby johncrichton411 on Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:04 am

In the beginning of bad timing when dargo is talking to john, he tells him that not all peacekeepers are bad, and that he believes that if he makes a pact with scorpius, they will honor it. But what he says next i've always wondered about since i first saw the episode, and last night i finally looked it up, but still was unable to get a clear answer..
Does he say:
"And then they will enslave your planet."
or
"And that they won't enslave your planet."

the transcripts i've looked up on the net are about half and half on that, so they weren't much help. what do you guys think?
always save crichton
johncrichton411
Luxan Warrior

Postby krazykat_05 on Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:17 am

I thought he says " not all peacekeepers are represented by crais's betrayal " and the the whole thing about enslaving your planet
~Yleana~
krazykat_05
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby mattwillal on Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:50 pm

krazykat_05 wrote:I thought he says " not all peacekeepers are represented by crais's betrayal "

I always heard that as:

"not all Peacekeepers are represented by Grayza's betrayal"

kray-sis or gray-sus, you decide.

The regoin 2 DVDs don't have subtitles, so I can't find out that way. Perhaps someone stateside could take a look (from previous experience subtitles on DVDs are usually taken directly from the script).
If there be blood on my sword, let it be my own.
mattwillal
Peacekeeper Commander

D'argo says....

Postby RinnicBob on Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:28 pm

The quote goes like this:

"You know, John, it's hard for me to say this but, not all Peacekeepers are represented by Grayza's betrayal. If you make a pact with Scorpius, I believe they will honor it. And then they will enslave your planet."

Grayza's betrayal was her selling out the Luxans in order to gain peace with the Scarrens.

D'Argo's experience with the Peacekeepers has never been good. He believes, as John does, that they're not trustworthy allies. So, he offers a word of caution to John, that the outcome of any pact with the PK's will be less than desirable regardless of the reasons for initiating it.
Heredity: A chronic, sexually transmitted disease, for which there is no cure.

Seven words which describe technology: Hal. Open the pod bay doors, Hal.
RinnicBob
Luxan Warrior

Postby StarF on Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:43 pm

i am quite sure he says they WONT enslave his planet.. why else would John make a deal?
StarF
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby gunmenoftheapocalypse on Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:19 am

D'argo says they WILL enslave Earth. I'd guess it's based largely on his own distrust of Peacekeepers, as RinnicBob said, as really the PKs would have little interest in the planet other than the nearby wormhole (though it's been a while since I saw these episodes, so maybe there's another reason).

I love that scene, because it's a classic Heavy D punchline, reminiscent of the great bad news / good news "Chiana and I are having fantastic sex" from 'Look at the Princess.' Farscape's shown us again and again that the Peacekeepers are essentially bad guys, even if they are the lesser of two evils.
gunmenoftheapocalypse
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Firecracker on Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:21 pm

gunmenoftheapocalypse wrote: Farscape's shown us again and again that the Peacekeepers are essentially bad guys, even if they are the lesser of two evils.

I disagree here.

I think that Farscape shows us again and again that Peacekeepers have/had good intentions - but that (to be trite) the path to damnation is paved with good intentions.

Just like how many wealthy powers try to make things better in less fortunate countries where they don't understand the culture, the politics and/or the infrastructure - and they end up making things exponentially worse.

Look at much of Africa and the Middle East. Had it never been colonised by various European powers it would have been in much better shape. Especially when those European powers went out of their way to foster destabilization of indigenous political power. And since WW2 - the US has used its economic power to accomplish essentially the same thing.

The Peacekeepers are no better and no worse than most Western Powers today.

Farscape is an allegory of the current polictical climate of the world today - it holds up a mirror to ourselves and asks some very hard questions. Nothing is black or white or even grey in the Farscape Universe. It is multi-coloured, vibrant and full of differing values, norms and goals. Applying simplistic black/white, good/evil, right/wrong appellations to any culture, race or species is missing the point.
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby poundpuppy29 on Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:49 pm

I just watched this Ep and I loved it I am new to Farscape and I can't wait to watch it the series in it's entirety. I hope the channel I am watching will show PKW but I don't know I think I will have to buy it to see it.
My Fav SciFi & Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies & Franchises & My Fav Ships & My Fav Characters & My Sports Teams
poundpuppy29
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby AERYNSUN on Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:51 am

D'arg's wrd meant that with the Peacekeeprs, Earth won't be attacked by the Scarrans but John knew eaxtlt at what cost.

Bracca is not Grayza, but Bracca has again Scorpius with him and Sikozu who later we kew that she was an scarran spy.

In my opinion John did the best thing she could do, closing the wormhole, sacrifizinmg his return to Earth, but he knew that even with that pain inside him, he has at least Aeryn and their unborb child, who fron boiw ibm are his family, and Moya crew, pf course.

And they paid it with their lives when they were attacked by that nasty aliens that crystalized him.

I admit that I never belived they wee dead, bacacuse the alien's words where to captre them for examination.

Even before Peacekeeper Wars, I knew after the TO BE COINUED, that they were captures and put back together by that aliens to find out who they are and what were they doing in that planet.

I know it's esay saying this now, but I can assure you that inside me I knew it couldn't be possible thaty they were dead, John, Aeryn and he Baby.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Return to Episodes