Sexiest moment in Farscape

Discussions relating Farscape's many episodes.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Re: Sexiest moment in Farscape

Postby goblin on Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:48 pm

Emram wrote:
scaperfan wrote:...never had a moment with her and Moya-John, did we?

I feel that the writers made a distinction between the two - season 3 - Aeryn and TJ - was always quite light-hearted, a real "love in the sun" kind of relationship.

Whereas season 4 - Aeryn and MJ - while they didn't love each other any more, was a much darker season, and the tone of the relationship between the two was more serious to reflect that different mood.

You don't think Aeryn and John loved each other anymore in S4? I disagree. I think M-John was aching for Aeryn and Aeryn was so wounded she couldn't function. But I think their love for each other is what ultimately healed them as a couple and helped them get together.

goblin
"She gives me a woody."

~ from "Thank God, it's Friday...Again"
goblin
Luxan Warrior

Postby scaperfan on Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:17 am

goblin wrote:
Emram wrote:I feel that the writers made a distinction between the two - season 3 - Aeryn and TJ - was always quite light-hearted, a real "love in the sun" kind of relationship.

Whereas season 4 - Aeryn and MJ - while they didn't love each other any more, was a much darker season, and the tone of the relationship between the two was more serious to reflect that different mood.

You don't think Aeryn and John loved each other anymore in S4? I disagree. I think M-John was aching for Aeryn and Aeryn was so wounded she couldn't function. But I think their love for each other is what ultimately healed them as a couple and helped them get together.

goblin

*nods head* mm-hmm. The love was there, it was the letting it show and risk being wounded again that held it back... :(
The writers did a great job of showing how they were struggling to deal with their strange situation, Aeryn frightened and distant, John confused and defensive...but enough about love- hidden, confused, repressed, or otherwise...let's get back to the sexy moments! :)
Mal: "It ain't all buttons and charts little Albatross. You know what the first rule of flyin' is? Well I suppose you do, since you already know what I'm about to say."
River: "I do, but I like to hear you say it."
Mal: "Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she ain't keepin' up just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her up when she ought to fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens, makes her home."
River: "Storm's getting worse."
Mal: "We'll pass through it soon enough."
scaperfan
Kalish Resistance

Postby scaperfan on Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:23 am

...what I meant with my 'never had a moment with Moya-John' comment was that it would have been inappropriate for most of the time, with the relationship as it was... :( , but if Season 4 had continued just a liiittle longer, without that whole unfortunate crystallizing event... :)

Although, I really should stop referring to him as Moya-John, eh? He's the same guy, and now the only.... :roll:
Mal: "It ain't all buttons and charts little Albatross. You know what the first rule of flyin' is? Well I suppose you do, since you already know what I'm about to say."
Mal: "Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she ain't keepin' up just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her up when she ought to fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens, makes her home."
scaperfan
Kalish Resistance

Postby goblin on Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:43 am

scaperfan wrote:[but enough about love- hidden, confused, repressed, or otherwise...let's get back to the sexy moments! :)

Here here! Let's talk about Moya as 'recreational vehicle.' :wink:

goblin
"She gives me a woody."

~ from "Thank God, it's Friday...Again"
goblin
Luxan Warrior

Postby scaperfan on Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:47 am

goblin wrote:Here here! Let's talk about Moya as 'recreational vehicle.' :wink:

goblin

lmfao! :lol:
scaperfan
Kalish Resistance

Postby mouser on Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:45 am

"somebody's docking?"
hee.
mouser
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby BrentBarrett on Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:12 am

Emram wrote:Whereas season 4 - Aeryn and MJ - while they didn't love each other any more, was a much darker season, and the tone of the relationship between the two was more serious to reflect that different mood.

Whoa... I sure hope that was a typo, because if you think John and Aeryn weren't still in love during Season Four (and I mean all of it), then you weren't watching. ;)
The John and Aeryn Site
http://www.johnaeryn.com

BrentBarrett
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby scapecadet on Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:28 pm

I think Emram meant that while they were not together as a couple during season 4 - they were iin love, but took turns not to show it and pretend to the other person that they did not/could not care. I cannot believe he really meant they did not love each other. Hey, give him the benefit of the doubt - he has watched the show and is a fan, which is clear from his other posts :)

JC to Akhna: "It's a question of balls.. the ball is in his court!"

Claudia: Quit. Prompting.Me.Woman!? WOMAN!!??
scapecadet
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Emram on Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:41 pm

Whoops! What I meant was, they didn't love each other any more - than Aeryn and TJ loved each other!

Please, read it again, bearing that in mind! I'm sure that it will make more sense!

I'll go and read the other posts now - I just had to say this very quickly!

My God, I bet you all thought I was watching a different show, or something!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
"Emram's Taxidermy, you snuff 'em, we stuff 'em!"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Sandworm on Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:44 pm

No, for me it was their first meeting...
I dunno, maybe it sounds a bit strange, but it was all only partially hidden...
I mean the look in John's eyes.... and then Aeryn.
:)

there is also the flax...

and that is interesting.
Ed
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby scapecadet on Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:44 pm

Sandworm wrote:No, for me it was their first meeting...
I dunno, maybe it sounds a bit strange, but it was all only partially hidden...
I mean the look in John's eyes.... and then Aeryn.
:)

there is also the flax...

and that is interesting.
Ed

There was certainly a connection. In the Premier, when Crais has cornered John and Aeryn jumps to his defense (which I am sure surprised her more than anyone else) and Crais asks her how long she spent with John, John immediately realises and covers for her by saying 'not much, not long at all' and gives her a look, which says it all.

JC to Akhna: "It's a question of balls.. the ball is in his court!"

Claudia: Quit. Prompting.Me.Woman!? WOMAN!!??
scapecadet
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Mr Window on Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:45 pm

Ok, right yeah, you're all wrong yeah, cos the sexiest moment is like quite clearly the bit in Fractures where Rygel's missus says: "I hear dominars never get tired!". Shteamy!
Or what about the bit in Won't Get Fooled Again when Rugel goes the of Hannibal Lector "fefefefefefefe" and says: "This is for Fluffy, and this is for Sparky. And this is for Buckwheat, whatever that means!" You can't deny theres also something rather sexual about the little encounter between Rygel and Chiana (in D'argo and Crichton's bodies) in Out of Their Minds. Yuck, I'm making myself feel sick here. Someone tell me to shut up!
Just what we need. A labotomised Luxon!
Mr Window
Luxan Warrior

Sexiest moments?

Postby RinnicBob on Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:29 pm

There is an undeniable sexual chemistry between John & Aeryn, from their first scene together. In season 1, I love how she often gives John a look, like she's sizing him up, while still thinking he's about half crazy. Claudia has such great facial expressions.

As for the downright steam-on-the-windows sexy, it's gotta be:

The kiss, and aborted boff, in The Flax. And the last scene in that ep', which still has some on the bboards talking about it. Does she, or doesn't she, "grab" him, to prove a point?

The scene in the safehouse on the false Earth. I love how it's so slow and gentle, as she slowly turns to meet his lips, and then, the sound of the storm outside and fade out. A Human Reaction

In Pilot's chamber, Aeryn leans back against John as he toys with her hair. Mind the Baby

"I shouldn't be here." "This is exactly where you should be. I love you." "I love you, too." Then the kiss. Passion, longing, their need for each other. But it's not meant to be. Not yet. Season Of Death

The opening sequence of Relativity. One of the absolutely hottest moments I've ever seen on American TV. And they're completely covered!

"You think I'm crazy?" "Mm-hmm. I've always thought you were crazy."
"You know why I'm crazy?" "Why?" "You." John rolls down the band of her undies and kisses her hip. Her gasp and expression are priceless. Infinite Possibilities: Daedalus Demands.

There are more than a few moments in Meltdown which make my list, although this ep' is a pretty weak one. But my favorite is when Aeryn takes John's shirtsleeve in her teeth. She WANTS to tear it off him with her teeth, but reason intrudes.

Lastly, in Bad Timing. "I'm gonna fail. It's a sin really. I'm close. There's just not enough time." "It's always about time." "Yeah. Time. Timing. TIMING." Smack. "Love you. Don't ever change." Big Aeryn smile. It's not erotic or overtly sexual, but it's these two in perfect synch with each other. He needed her to help him work it out, and she knew it. Instinct, and a love unspoken but so obvious.
Heredity: A chronic, sexually transmitted disease, for which there is no cure.

Seven words which describe technology: Hal. Open the pod bay doors, Hal.
RinnicBob
Luxan Warrior

Sexiests moments in Farscape

Postby AERYNSUN on Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:31 pm

Well, I think that some of the sexiest moments in Farscape are in MELTDOWN. The Drexim effect, afect very much to them, so much that they lose their minds for it.

Also the end of Out of their minds, maybe also in John Quixote, when John kisses Aeryn.

Well, and some others.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Re: Sexiest moments?

Postby BrentBarrett on Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:17 am

RinnicBob wrote:The kiss, and aborted boff, in The Flax. And the last scene in that ep', which still has some on the bboards talking about it. Does she, or doesn't she, "grab" him, to prove a point?

There's really no debate there any more. Ben and Claudia (and others on set) have made it clear that there was no grabbing. It wasn't in the script, they didn't do it on set, and they never thought about that until fans brought it up at cons. All she did was step toward him in an imposing fashion, and he flinched. :) The, "I'll take that as a yes," was just John reacting to her clear annoyance that he'd even ask the question.
The John and Aeryn Site
http://www.johnaeryn.com

BrentBarrett
Peacekeeper High Command

PreviousNext

Return to Episodes