What is your LEAST favorite episode of farscape

Discussions relating Farscape's many episodes.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Bone To Be Wild had likable M'Lee

Postby Mreen on Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:59 am

well, Bone To Be Wild isnt my favorite ep .. but I quickly came to like poor Emily .. or M'Lee as the spelling was alienized for us. I always hoped we see more of her siphoning off body guards left and right before tracking down her homeworld and getting to give up canabalism for good.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Spoilers! you were warned...

Postby CaptainCrais on Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:40 am

Well i have a few dislikes here and there.
but if i had to point out my least favorite per series

season one would have to be:
I, E.T. = Seemed too much like a speilberg rip off that had been twisted.
and it was more of a cutesy ep i guess for kids? maybe?

Season two would have to be:
taking the stone = Dragged out too much

Season 3 would have to be:
Suns and Lovers: And only cause i never could buy that chiana would sleep with D'argos son as a way to tell him she didnt want to settle down.
otherwise season 3 was relativly flawless

Season 4 would have to be:
Twice shy... = Because i couldnt buy a humanoid-morphing giant space spider that they cooked and ate at the end of the ep. And the only thing that pushed the story forward was the last 10 minutes of the story with Aeryn and Johns "Over the coms" break up and their quiet continuing affair due to scorpy (if finding out that Aeryn is the Key to What he wants. Wormhole Technology) being onboard moya now.
One who battles monsters should take care that they themselves do not become monsters. When you gaze into an Abyss, the Abyss also gazes into you.-Friedrich Nietzsche

"Time"-"'s Up"-"Time"-"Flys"-Time"-"Bandits"-Time"-"Wounds all heals"-"Time"-"Rosemary and"-Time"-"'s Up!" <Blast> <Freeze> "Time..." "Either stop pointing guns at people or get a bigger gun!" -Einstein and John on the Iceberg, Episode "Unrealized Reality"
CaptainCrais
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby McClance on Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:31 am

Of what I've seen thus far, I'd have to say either "Taking the Stone" or "Home on the Remains".
Do not anger Dragons if you value your life.
McClance
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby celufan4o on Tue May 23, 2006 10:03 pm

Well I love all episodes of FarScape but lets say I like very much Suns&Lovers episode :wink:
celufan4o
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Very provocative thread

Postby bwilli18 on Wed May 24, 2006 8:33 pm

Wow, this is a question destined to stir up a hornet's nest, yet people have remained relatively calm. It really is quite interesting, even charming, how for all of our shared passion for this show, we find very different things to like about it.

I'm at the absolute opposite end from a previous poster who said The Choice was his least favorite and Jeremiah Crichton one of his favorites. I thought JC was dreadful. The only moment I enjoyed was when John was petulant with the crew, particularly Aeryn--a nice FarScapian touch. The guest characters were the least interesting I've seen on the show. The polynesian culture on the Brady Bunch trip to Hawai'i was more interesting and believable. And what was with the lobster thing John speared?

On the other hand, The Choice was beautiful and I thought it was completely in keeping with the *evolving* Aeryn. She reacted to John's death so much differently than she did to Velorek's because she had changed--she had become attached and vulnerable. It is perhaps my favorite single episode. When she dismissed her memory of John and strapped on the pulse pistol I got chills.
bwilli18
Luxan Warrior

Postby SleepTight on Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:24 pm

i'm up to 'The way we weren't'

and so far, there were only three episodes that didn't really hold my interest.

3: Bone To Be Wild, it had plenty of good scenes though. I enjoyed Zhaan like usually, my problem with it was that it wasn't really necessary. I didn't like the new aliens much and the absense of Stark.
2: DNA Mad Scientist, my issue with this episode was the selfishness of three characters (I think you guys know who I mean). I liked Aeryn's character development and the main storyline (the perfect species thing) but I didn't enjoy it as much as the rest.
1: PK Tech Girl, my least favorite so far. I didn't find Gillian to be interesting and her love affair with Crichton felt forced. But my main problem with it were those stupid fire-spewing fish-aliens.
SleepTight
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Dog With Two Bones on Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:39 pm

I,ET is the only episode i dont enjoy.
Dog With Two Bones
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Mad on Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:50 pm

1 SEASON:JEREMIAH CRICTHON , ugly and useless episode.

2 SEASON:HOME ON THE REMAINS, truly mediocre episode.

3 SEASON: LOSING TIME, one absolute trouble, the only episode during which I have risked to sleep !!!!

4 SEASON : MENTAL AS ANYTHING , saves only the beautiful scene begins them between John and Aeryn ,but on the whole one story weak person and much confusing.

MAD of love.....
Mad
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Emeraldcity on Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:23 am

Eat Me and Coup By Clam........watched those once and never again.
www.peachtreeservices.net

The shopping cart is now up and running. Come see what the cast does in their off times, www.peachtreeservices.net/shop
Emeraldcity
Cast Convention Manager
Cast Convention Manager

Postby Mad on Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:56 am

COUP BY CLAM: THE STORY IS UGLY, BUT IS HAS SOME GOOD MOMENT, APPEALS TO SEE AERYN TO ME AND SIKOZU TO FIGHT TOGETHER, IS AMUSING TO SEE THE FACE OF AERYN WHEN IT SEES JOHN DRESSED FROM WOMAN... :lol:

MAD of love....
Mad
Delvian Pa'u

Postby KaraS on Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:44 pm

Coup By Clam, the story is rediculous and has enough plot holes to fly Moya through. The whole episode is only an excuse to get Crichton in a dress and I've never found men in drag particurlarly funny.

I did have a few good moments though. Rygel was at his most ruthless and scary dealing with the crooked doctor.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Mad on Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:19 pm

Sure that is few moments, otherwise Idid not say that he was mediocre , few but there are of the good moments, therefore I have not inserted it between four story gets worse in absolute....

MAD of love....
Mad
Delvian Pa'u

Postby sleeper on Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:59 pm

KaraS wrote:Coup By Clam, the story is rediculous and has enough plot holes to fly Moya through. The whole episode is only an excuse to get Crichton in a dress and I've never found men in drag particurlarly funny.

I did have a few good moments though. Rygel was at his most ruthless and scary dealing with the crooked doctor.

I agree totally. Seeing JC and D'Argo in drag was not funny to me.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Prismite on Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:37 pm

I'm going to vote "Rhapsody in Blue". Even though John saves Zhaan there, I dont like that episode very much.

I dont mind Jeremiah Chriction ... actually I liked it a good bit.
I, ET was not real great, but I'm forgiving of it since it was only episode 2 :P.

~P~
Prismite
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Chocolate on Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:42 pm

I personally cannot forgive I, ET. Mostly because it's boring and unconvincing. Besides, it really pissed me off that everyone on that planet understood whatever Crichton was saying despite never having been injected with translator microbes.

As for the worst episode... (drum roll please)

Well, I know it's unoriginal, but I have to say Jeremiah Crichton, (apart from when Crichton enters Rygel's tent or whatever and says, "Hakoona Matata, Masata" which cracks me up every time I remember it, but I will NOT put myself through watching it all over again for that...) is Trully embarassing. awful story. I was going to write "godawful acting", but you know, I think these silly lines can NOT be made to feel natural coming from ANYONE, so it's probably not the actors' fault. It's one of those episodes, where at least you hope they had fun making it, but watching it really stinks. Kind of like a video of someone else's (whom you don't even know) wedding party, or something.

Vitas Mortis was boring, and Taking The Stone was roughly 38 minutes too long (thought I loved Chiana in it), but none of them comes near JC or I, ET...
"It is pointless to lie to your God as I am All-Knowing as well as All-Beautiful." - Vala Mal-Doran
Chocolate
Luxan Warrior

PreviousNext

Return to Episodes