What is your LEAST favorite episode of farscape

Discussions relating Farscape's many episodes.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby SunKrux on Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:03 pm

bwilli - thanks for trying to get things back on track.

Seriously folks, it is ok to agree to disagree and not say a thing. If you all can not do that here, I'll have this thread moved and the arguing (if that's what it really is) posts taken out.

Please remember that one of the main rules here is to PLAY NICE! :D

I expect you all to do just that. :D

Now, this thread is about your LEAST FAVORITE eps, not about trying to convince others that whatever eps they don't like is the greatest eps. We are all allowed to have eps that we don't like.

Mine is "Eat Me" I've seen it once and that was more than enough. I understand the reason why it was made and it's merits to the story as a whole, but the doesn't mean I HAVE to like it. :D

Now, please get back to listing your LEAST favorite eps and take the debating about individual eps to that particular eps thread (do a search for the official thread about each eps).

Thank you! :)
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby KaraS on Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:20 pm

sleeper wrote:Hey I think that I, ET is one of the better episodes, so if somebody likes CBC alot, it's ok. :twisted:

I always rather liked I ET too. When the show first started, the first 6 episodes they played, John saved the day in every one. I felt that was unrealistic, that the least experienced crew member should always save the day. But in I ET, John failed. His mission was to get the chlorium and he was completely distracted by the idea that the alien astronomer could help him find Earth. And his dawdling with the aliens put Aeryn and D'Argo in danger. By the time he got the stuff back to Moya, the surgery had already been performed. The day was saved by Rygel and Zhaan.

So, I like an unpopular episode. I can live with that.

The thing about Farscape is, it liked to Experiment. Some of the experiements were very successful. On what other series could you see a Revenging Angel or Scratch N Sniff? And some of the experiemental episodes fell flat on their faces. The Prefect Murder spent so much time experiementing with form that there was no time left to tell an entertaining story.

Over all, some of the episodes I liked the least weren't different enough. Jerimiah Crichton and The Locket went exactly where you knew they were going to go with no surprises at all. They weren't bad. But they could have been episodes of any scifi show. Change the character names and I could see Jerimiah Crichton as an episode of Hercules and The Locket and an episode of ST:TNG or Voyager very easily.

Some of the episodes were ruined for me by fx eliments. I found Through The Looking Glass very hard to understand visually, if I could have counted the slashes the alien was making and seen they were prime numbers I could have worked the mystery out myself. But they were so hard to see I couldn't count them. And the noise in the blue dimension hurt my ears almost as much as John's. Very unpleasant.

And while Taking The Stone wasn't really a bad episode story wise, I just spent so much time trying to understand what the frell the guest characters were saying through their impeneterable accent that I couldn't pay enough attention to the story to enjoy it.

Of course, while I don't like Through The Looking Glass or The Locket particurlarly, they are fan favorites and on many other Scaper's top 10 lists. So what does that mean that I dislike episodes that others like?

It just means that different people have different tastes and that's ok.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby sleeper on Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:52 pm

I thought that the episole "Eat Me" was gross and disgusting. That being said, I'm glad they did it, because it allowed a great storyline to evolve from it. Kaarvok's twinning machine was great and I do hope that somehow that they bring him back to do more chaos.

In season 4, I thought the worst episodes were "Lava's a Many Splendored Thing" and "Twice Shy" with parts of 'Mental as Anything' up in the same catagory. All the other episodes were great.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby pushka on Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:49 pm

I always liked the episode Eat Me, I thought it was funny, but then again I have a sick and twisted imagination!

I didn't like Out of Their Minds, but then again, even that had its moments. I disliked all the Aeryn-John stuff, but I loved it when Pilot went into Chiana's body and D'argo was in Pilot. The conversation they had was really sad.

Also I disliked Terra Firma! Thank God It's Friday Again was not brilliant and neither is The Flax. But these episodes still have their moments that make them unable to totally hate!
Pushka the Cannon - Cannonade strikes again!
pushka
Luxan Warrior

Previous

Return to Episodes