What is your LEAST favorite episode of farscape

Discussions relating Farscape's many episodes.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

What is your LEAST favorite episode of farscape

Postby thechild on Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:14 pm

Everyone keeps asking what your best episode is but which do you dislike and why. I personaly find I,ET from season 1 quite boring and i also find that EAT ME is abit boring and it seems they just made that episode so they could split up crichton. Anyway what about you guys?

MOD EDIT - SunKrux: This is now a sticky. What does that mean? It means if another thread is started that is in any way similar to this one it will be LOCKED. :D
thechild
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Daedalus on Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:46 pm

My least favourite episode would probably be "Thank God Its Friday Again" or maybe "Coup By Clam"
"One evil at a time... that's the best I can do."
Daedalus
Luxan Warrior

Postby greg donovan on Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:02 pm

yep coup by clam is not on the top of my list. but it does have its moments too.
greg donovan
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby thechild on Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:49 pm

naaa i did quite like thank god its friday again. It was the first farscape episode of that kind and it was absorbing the first time i watched it
thechild
Delvian Pa'u

Postby FrellingFrek on Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:06 pm

For me, "Jeremiah Crichton" and "Taking the Stone". Both just went downhill after the opening credits.
50% of this is lunacy, 50% of these riches is not enough, 100% of this is DEATH! --- Rygel
FrellingFrek
Luxan Warrior

Postby datsdewody on Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:21 pm

FrellingFrek wrote:For me, "Jeremiah Crichton" and "Taking the Stone". Both just went downhill after the opening credits.

uh huh amen to that

Mental as Anything too

this isn't an episode, but my least favourite character is the guy in the choice, with the white skin and sort if gashes on his face, with the spiky-impailment-front-desk...eugh he gives me the willies

Farscape is really good at making characters we love to hate, or they're just plain ugly
datsdewody
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Cattivo on Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:46 pm

Either CBC or WWL. CBC has gross out humor just for the sake of it, and WWL was just horribly written.
Cattivo
Hynerian Dominar

Postby thechild on Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:45 pm

Cattivo wrote:Either CBC or WWL. CBC has gross out humor just for the sake of it, and WWL was just horribly written.

please can u say the full name. I'm not sure which ep's you are on about.
thechild
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Daedalus on Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:21 pm

I think CBC refers to Coup By Clam

But does WWL refer to the What Was Lost two-parter? Because I loved those eps!
"One evil at a time... that's the best I can do."
Daedalus
Luxan Warrior

Postby Joolchi on Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:50 am

The eps I nominate as my least fav are Vitas mortis, I,ET and Jeramiah Crichton.
They do have their moments but over all I can't stand to watch them!
cross my heart, strike me dead stick a lobster on my head!
Joolchi
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Dani Moure on Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:00 am

I would go for Vitas Mortis, Meltdown, Coup by Clam or Mental as Anything, personally.
.dani//MOURE
Webmaster and anime maniac. Raelee Hill's biggest fan. David Kemper's biggest fan too.
Also webmaster/owner of Farscape World (duh!).
Dani Moure
Evil Overlord
Evil Overlord

Postby ScarranHalfBreed on Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:01 am

I LOVE What Was Lost! That was more Trekky than most eps, but it rockets along and makes me feel intelligent every time I see it (I don't have much confidence), and the music throughout is breathtaking. The story is Kemper not treating the viewers like a bunch of children, further proof that Farscape isn't just a "cartoon" for kids.

Least favourites would have to be Taking the Stone and Vitas Mortis, sorry to be predictable. They're just so BORING, and I can't watch them more than once. Coup By Clam was trying too hard to be funny, and it came across like an "hilarious" comedy episode of Buffy or something. And Ben dressed up as a woman gave me nightmares. And Mental as Anything was good to watch Simcoe but everyone else stunk a bit, and Catoya The Fruitloop with all his annoying head turning was off-putting and embarrassing. Who the hell directed him to do that?! Makes me cringe everytime I see it.

But - tada! - the winner is (fumbles with envelope) MELTDOWN!!! Cliched, boring and, as much as I love the character normally, Stark needed to be hit with a plank throughout the whole thing. Stark should be kept in the background or used as Mr. Plot Device - that's what he's there for and that's what he should stay as, but when he's in the forefront of the action his antics become grating as hell, and the "My side your side" ramblings which are normally endearing and fun, become just irritating to me.

I love the experimental eps, though. They're the usual ones that have people divided. Scratch and Sniff, John Quixote, Ugly Truth, Revenging Angel...
ScarranHalfBreed
Luxan Warrior

Postby Hay on Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:15 pm

i can't say i hate any ep, cos every1 has its moments. And depending on my mood i'll like or hate differnet parts of eps.
there are moments when i get bored in some eps and just have to fastforward them on my VCR though.
"Damn, Smokey, you can't argue with a woman!"
John Crichton - Meltdown
Hay
Luxan Warrior

Postby Chi_fi_Eagle on Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:41 am

These type of questions always make me smile about Farscape, because as I read, one persons worst episode could be anothers favorite. The one episode that I have a hard time watching is "The Choice" yet this rates as one of the best in some lists and I even quote is much, however as an overall episode...maybe it is just too dark for me I don't know, however "Coup by Clam" has to be to top of my list because discusting and silly come to mind when I watch it.

So where did I go with this discussion...up until I say CBC, the Choice was my worst episode, however since CBC was shown, it takes the cake as the worst episode in my book. :wink:

BTW for those who chose Jeremiah Crichton as the worst...it is one of my FAVORITES :D ...however this might just show how weird I actually am

done in PA
"No Dream is guaranteed...the grace of age is we learn to accept." Gigi Edgley/Chiana admirer
Chi_fi_Eagle
Scarran Ruling Order

Least Favorite

Postby Easterner9504 on Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:43 am

Least favorite: THE CHOICE & BONE TO BE WILD, Dishonorable mention: TAKING THE STONE, I, ET, DREAM A LITTLE DREAM. All five near unwatchable.

Rationale:
TC: Aeryn reacted very out of character. She earlier lost Velorek and did not become a drunk but instead kept iron control of herself: becoming a perfect PK.
BTBW: Bad writing: we did get Zhaan secret & Crais/Scorpy dymamics. Main arc crap.
TTS: Bad writing of episode, Chiana not out of charcter.
DALD: Ultra bad writing. Over lawyered satire on USA was well deserving of FARSCPE treatment, it didn't get it. Nice point: Chiana took command when 3 Alpha personalities were off ship.
I,ET: Early FARSCAPE ep never clicked
Easterner9504
Delvian Pa'u

Next

Return to Episodes