Farscape Moment that always makes you laugh out loud

Discussions relating Farscape's many episodes.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

episodes, home on theremain's

Postby whathfrll on Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:47 pm

Also the alien friend's of Chiana character's with Cajun accent. That was pure genious. :D :D
We're Jerry Springer kind of familw.
whathfrll
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby gunmenoftheapocalypse on Wed May 11, 2005 3:42 am

Me and the geeks downstairs (this is not a euphemism, it's just where they live) have been watching the series from the start again over the last couple of months, currently up to the Liars, Guns and Money trilogy, and so far the moments that have received the most laughs, in reverse order, are:

3). 'Crackers Don't Matter'

CRICHTON: Humans are superiooooooor!

2). 'Out of Their Minds'

John having a lot of fun with Aeryn's body.

And the ultimate-funny-at-the-time-up-to-the-end-of-season-2-at-least scene:

1). 'A Clockwork Nebari' - Crichton & Rygel

CRICHTON: Bitchin' man
RYGEL: Bitchin'

Jonathan Hardy's dead-pan, subtle, off-screen concurrence with John's statement received multiple repeat viewings.

The MASSIVE blooper in 'Mind the Baby,' where the human hand holding the mechanical Hand of Friendship can clearly be seen, was pretty good too. But somehow I doubt that was intentional.

Bring on Scratch 'N' Sniff...
Last edited by gunmenoftheapocalypse on Thu May 12, 2005 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunmenoftheapocalypse
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Arenzera on Wed May 11, 2005 12:23 pm

***Season 4 Spoilers***

Kansas: Sparky's carving the Halloween pumpkin and he's jacked up on sugar. I love it how Mr Hardy says "scary" the second time around. Absolutely awesome.

"...make it scary you said. Scaary"

Furthermore, I like it when he says about the Sugar:
"How illegal is this dren?"

Kiel :-)
Last edited by Arenzera on Wed May 11, 2005 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arenzera
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Kheldrion Dawn on Sun May 15, 2005 10:54 am

I fell on the floor laughing when Aeryn sits in front of the telly in "Kansas", smiles like a child and then intones "Wheeel of Fooortuune". I just thought, oh god help her, now shes lost.
Choose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. - Richard Carlson
Kheldrion Dawn
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Angel PK on Thu May 19, 2005 9:40 am

John wearing drag...lmao that was hilarious.My other ones when they go to earth and they all think flipping ppl off is a greeting.But my favorite is when they all switch bodies and Rigel/John has to go pee in the matinence bay and John/Aeryn has to tell him "exactly" how his body has to pee.
Angel PK
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby RICoder on Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:29 am

I Shrink, Therefor I am...when the bad guy says:
"No, he's alive...and ingenius." followed by Eryn rolling her eyes...that cracked me up.
RICoder
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby cambridge on Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:23 pm

Welcome to federation starship ss buttcrack. (self inflicted wounds)
cambridge
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Chi_fi_Eagle on Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:49 am

Early in season 4 when the dying pilot goes to John and gives him the line I use in my sig.

No dream is guaranteed Commander, the grace of age is we learn to accept!

Favorite scene is the last piece of "Family Ties" when D'Argo lets go of John's necklace as the moon burns!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cannot get over the fact that it was filmed not knowing if Farscape would continue and that episode has so much emotion for me...I actually own the original script from it...sorry just an old Farscape addict with a little too much money at the time.

done in PA
"No Dream is guaranteed...the grace of age is we learn to accept." Gigi Edgley/Chiana admirer
Chi_fi_Eagle
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Alphabet Cookie on Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:09 pm

My personal favorite (at least one of them) is in Kansas and Aeryn is watching sesame street and the little girls like "l,m,n,o,p,q,r....and aeryn says "s!.... its s!.. this girl is slow!" ahh cracks me up every time
Aeryn to Chiana about John
Aeryn: it wasnt my door he was last seen sniffing at.
Chiana: some women would consider that a complement.
Aeryn: some women have to!
Alphabet Cookie
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Re: episodes, home on theremain's

Postby Mreen on Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:31 pm

whathfrll wrote:Also the alien friend's of Chiana character's with Cajun accent. That was pure genious. :D :D

Well, not to put too fine a point upon it, the actors couldnt do a Cajun accent if their life depended on it. I only worked out the logistics of their pauses to figure out what accent they were going for, and thought, thank god they couldnt do it, a Cajun accent from aliens would just ruin it for me. Their failure made them come up with a weird and appropiately alien sound, which saved the ep for me. Nothing like a transplanted local culture on alien world to make you curse the writers for a lack of orginality, made worse when they give everyone the local accent of the culture they come from. Imagine how much worse Prefect for Murder would be if everyone wore kilts and spoke with a scottish accent. Its okay to borrow bits and pieces, terrible to pluck up and transplant wholesale. Do you know how close we came to D'Argo with a scottish accent just because he wore a kilts? TG for small mercies, like Anth loving his 'deep trailor voice' so much he sold it for part.

In America, I think no one else seemed to realize they were going for a cajun accent till I admitted I figured it out, when people were askingif maybe it was what aboriginal accents were, a year or so ago. The response from long time fans was something like 'my god, she may be right' <g>
To be fair, it may simply have been impossible to the accent thru the prothstics, etc, but I think it was the 'original' sound that resulted that enabled them to create a convincing alien culture.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Blancie on Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:13 pm

I love it in season two's "Won't get fooled again" when D'argo is suposed to be gay! :lol:

D'argo: "Lately, John, I've been thinking about you in a very, very different way...." :lol: :lol: :wink:
Check out www.endgame.co.nr

- Friendly Farscape and other Sci-Fi TV discussions!
Blancie
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby Mreen on Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:50 am

"some ****** oil, .. and Chiana"
John, trying not to crack up, "Chiana?"
D'Argo, still in Richard Simmons voice "Ye-ah, she wants to watch."
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby SunKrux on Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:30 am

John in Aeryn's "shimmy"...:lol: and all that followed, Aeryn in Rygel threatening him. :lol:

Do I really need to spell out what eps that's from? :roll:
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby Blancie on Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:38 pm

Crackers don't matter

Rygel rushes at Aeryn: AAARGH!! YOU B**CH!!!!
Check out www.endgame.co.nr

- Friendly Farscape and other Sci-Fi TV discussions!
Blancie
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby FarscapeLoVer on Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:32 pm

Definitely in Beware of Dog when John tells Aeryn to tell the Vorc that she doesn't want to kill him. Aeryn's tone when she apologises, followed by John's "that was terrible!" cracks me up!
FarscapeLoVer
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

PreviousNext

Return to Episodes