FUTURE FARSCAPE ON 28th NOVEMBER

Discussions about Farscape's cancellation, and the campaign to promote the show's return. General discussion about THE PEACEKEEPER WARS should go in the relevant forum.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

WILL YOU CHECK OUT VIRTUAL SEASON 5?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:21 am

Yes, I Can't Wait!
50%
No way!
21%
Probably - I'm quite optimistic about it
14%
Probably - But my expectations are low
7%
I don't care
7%

Total votes : 14

FUTURE FARSCAPE ON 28th NOVEMBER

Postby JDmuchly on Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:21 am

Its true!

Well, ok, we don't have the millions of dollars worth of budget but we do have a team of amazing people who have worked round the clock for the past year to pull together an all new Virtual Season 5 of Farscape.

ANYONE WHO LOVES FARSCAPE IS IN FOR A BIG TREAT ON THE 28TH OF
NOVEMBER 2005!

Virtual Season 5 is now due for release this Monday.
There are 22 scintillating written episodes that will be posted week by week. You can even chat, review and offer the team feedback on the latest episodes by joining the free forum.

If you loved Farscape and wanted more than what was offered as
closure in the breathtaking mini-series, then you had better get
yourself over to the Virtual Season 5 site right now!

There are already a set of new and exclusive credits to see and a
teasingly exciting promotional trailer as well as some great FS music edited by Cactus Woman and original scores created exclusively for this season. New wallpapers have just been added to jazz up your desktop as well!

The contents will grow over the next season so you had better get over there to keep up to date with what's happening.

OFFICIAL V5 WEBSITE: http://www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
FORUM: http://www.fsvs5.proboards61.com/index.cgi

THE PEACEKEEPER WARS MAY BE OVER...
BUT THE STORY CONTINUES...

SPREAD THE WORD

EPISODE ONE: 28/11/05 @ 6.45 GMT
JDmuchly
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Sandworm on Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:03 pm

I would be interested to know who voted "No Way!" and why they think that.... just as a point of curiosity.
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby AERYNSUN on Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:40 pm

Sandworm wrote:I would be interested to know who voted "No Way!" and why they think that.... just as a point of curiosity.

Your are right, Sandworm! A real Scaper would have never voted "No way". I voted I can't wait to see it!!. Having in maind that in Spain we havent' seen PK wars yet. Well, me and lots of people on DVD but no on TV.

Maybe this person thought there was enough Farscape. I do not know.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Sandworm on Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:47 pm

certainly not impossible. I am just interested to know why anyone would not even take a look...

so, if you are out there, whoever you are....
please let me know, I won't bite.

I am just interested.
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby SunKrux on Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:47 pm

Please don't take this the wrong way and I'm not mad/upset with anyone...just stating how I feel when I see folks using the "real/true" fan label. :roll:

Sorry guys, but I'm a REAL Scaper and didn't vote, don't plan too (no one has to explain their reasons and it's a bit rude to ask why, imho) and if I put no way...that doesn't make me any less a "Real Scaper" than it does you. I have a real problem with folks who make statements like "You're not a "real" scaper if you don't tow the line of what I think you should be doing to save/help Farscape".

Do either of you know how many FS fans there are that DO NOT even come near the net? Are they "unreal" Scapers because they didn't help with the campaign to save the show? IMHO (and that of others) they are just as much a Scaper as you and I.

Some of us just don't have time to read every teeny, tiny bit of fan fic nor are we interested. That does not make us any less "real" than you all.

Good luck with your Virtual S5! I'm sure you'll get the feedback you're craving on it. :D
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby BadTiming on Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:25 pm

Well, I just voted and I make number 2 for "no way!". By no means does that not make me a "real scaper". No offense, but I just have no interest in watching fanfic.

Would I love to see Farscape brought back to TV ? Without a doubt!

P.S. Good Luck
BadTiming
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby AERYNSUN on Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:32 pm

Hi, SunKrux,

I'm very sorry if I offended you with my word. I am not the one to decide if someone is a good or a bas scaper. Probably you may know, or not, that I'm not an englishspeaking, writing person. And sometimes I may translate wrongly from Spanish into english some words or expressions that in Spanish may have another meaning or be taken not seriously. Langages sometimes have that problem. For me, being a sacaper menas an additional effort, for the lñanguage, because everything is in english. It's difficult to find some sites in Spanish, specially gopod ones.

I voted YES, only because I think that Farscape is such a good show that "should" mever die,. My opinio is writen from the heart. I love Farscape. It's the only show that I've become such a fan. People say I'm crezy. YES, I PROBABLY AM.

Please do not take it as a personal attack. I do not want you to feel bad for that.

We all need that "point" of insanity to keep us mentally sane. IMHO, of course.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Sandworm on Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:42 pm

Sunny:

I did not mean it in that sense, and I think you are aware of it. Asking for the reason is simply that - asking. I did not demand an answer, in fact, I said I am just interested.

I have no belief that anyone is a real scaper just because they don't want to read the crap I write. I also have no belief that anyone is not a real scaper just because they don't come near the net.

Bad Timing:

That is a perfectly good reason, as I said, I'm not going to bite. Some people don't like fanfic, and I am aware of that. I re-iterate - I have no problem with people voting no and not explaining their reasons. I was just asking.

AERYNSUN:

Don't worry too much. we all understand - everyone makes mistakes when it comes to expressing themselves on the forums at one time or another - even native english speakers. Everyone understands if you simply explain it was a mistake, so don't feel too bad.
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby SunKrux on Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:39 pm

AERYNSUN wrote:Hi, SunKrux,

I'm very sorry if I offended you with my word. I am not the one to decide if someone is a good or a bas scaper. Probably you may know, or not, that I'm not an englishspeaking, writing person. And sometimes I may translate wrongly from Spanish into english some words or expressions that in Spanish may have another meaning or be taken not seriously. Langages sometimes have that problem. For me, being a sacaper menas an additional effort, for the lñanguage, because everything is in english. It's difficult to find some sites in Spanish, specially gopod ones.

I voted YES, only because I think that Farscape is such a good show that "should" mever die,. My opinio is writen from the heart. I love Farscape. It's the only show that I've become such a fan. People say I'm crezy. YES, I PROBABLY AM.

Please do not take it as a personal attack. I do not want you to feel bad for that.

We all need that "point" of insanity to keep us mentally sane. IMHO, of course.

I'm not offended, I know you are not a native English speaker. As I said, I was just sharing my thoughts on it. It's all good dearheart...again, as I said, I'm not upset/mad/offended with anyone. Just sharing my opinion on the matter.

I hope you didn't feel like I was attacking you personally, cause I wasn't...again, I was generalizing. Your choice of words just happened to push one of my biggest pet peeve buttons (the whole "real/true" fan crap). Just cause I start spouting my opinion does not mean I'm personally attacking anyone. I'm just sharing my opinion, nothing more. I'm also not offended by other expressing their opinions, just don't be surprised if I don't agree with you. ;) :D It's all good AerynSun, trust me. It's all good. (((((((((((((AerynSun))))))))))

Sandworm wrote:Sunny:

I did not mean it in that sense, and I think you are aware of it. Asking for the reason is simply that - asking. I did not demand an answer, in fact, I said I am just interested.

Sandy:

But you asked all the same. Sure you're interested in why folks might vote "No way", but honestly, how hurt are you going to be when people like BadTiming do explain their reasonings for voting that way? Being interested in a person's reasoning for voting the way they did can do more harm than good sometimes. I guess for me that's like asking someone who's voting in a political thing who they voted for. You just don't ask that. If they share with you...that's another thing...but to point blank ask, that's rude imho.

I have no belief that anyone is a real scaper just because they don't want to read the crap I write. I also have no belief that anyone is not a real scaper just because they don't come near the net.

That's great that you feel/think that way...wish more fans did.
I was generalizing...it has always gotten my dander up (not necessarily offensively either) when fans of any show start tossing around the "real/true" fan of "show X" crap. For me, anyone who watches any show is a fan, period. Fans who read/write/enjoy fanfic are no better or worse than fans who only watch the show.

btw, can't comment on your fan fic writing, but other stuff I've read of yours isn't crap...so stop putting your work down. IF you put it down, then why would anyone else want to read it? :P ;)

Again, good luck to you and the rest of the V5 team! :D
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby Sandworm on Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:20 pm

Sunny, if you don't ask people, you don't give them the opportunity to say why.

I left it well open, clearly saying that if they did not want to say, that was fine too. I was just interested.

I also do not feel there is any problem with asking people how they voted in a political thing, as long as you take "I refuse to say" as an answer.

As for putting my work down - it's my work, and I'm allowed to insult myself. I'll leave it to other people to say it is good if they feel it is.

thanks for the good luck.
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Sikozu® on Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:14 am

I just love VS5 :D
There are some very good writers out there.
relative translation from bulgarian:
The man or rather the creature that looked like human slowly creeped out of the mud, developed limbs and fingers. He rised and looked toward the stars. He was seeing them for the first time but already knew that one day they will belong to him.
Sikozu®
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Return to Future Farscape