Possible spin offs??? (no spoilers please)

Discussions about Farscape's cancellation, and the campaign to promote the show's return. General discussion about THE PEACEKEEPER WARS should go in the relevant forum.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby Winona on Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:26 pm

thoth ... that was amazing!! Talk about wetting our appetites...

Thank you, keep er lit . . .more more more =D>
"the 'right thing' starts at the beginning of the day... not after you have been caught" - John Crichton to Rygel - Family Ties S1.22
Winona
Nebari Snurcher

Postby john_aeryn_fanatic on Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:33 pm

give that to Brian! excellent stuff! id love for that to be the next instalment! :D
ImageImage
john_aeryn_fanatic
Nebari Snurcher

Postby thoth on Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:59 pm

Thanks for the praise, everyone! :) However, I'm VERY bad at creating plot. I haven't the faintest idea how to follow up on such a teaser with an actual episode any more than anyone else. If I'm honest with myself, I can say that my strength is in creating believable character moments, as well as doing a passable job at writing original-sounding Crichtonisms (ex: "Twelve fingers, twelve toes..."), but plot?... not my strong suit. :(
Sikozu: Tell me, when will we stop following this human and start imposing our agenda on him?
Scorpius: We already have...
thoth
Delvian Pa'u

Postby AlbinoRhino on Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:16 pm

Somebody probably already mentioned this, but I think a spin-off series, miniseries, or movie should be about the children of Crichton. The story could take place 30 cycles after the peacekeeper wars. The story could involve little D'Argo, Princess Katralla's daughter, and Grayza's child. Let's assume that Grayza's child is from when she raped Crichton. The three kids would be around the same age. To explain why Katralla's daughter was born 80 cycles early, the peacekeeper wars is an excellent explaination. We learn in season 2 that both scarrens and peacekeepers want the Royal Colonies to gain a tactical advantage for the coming war. When the war starts, scarrens invade the colonies, and Katralla is forced out of her statue stasis to flee and her daughter is born later.
Back to the spin-off idea, the three offspring are thrust into a situation where they are against each other, or maybe little D'Argo and Katralla Jr. have to team up against Grayza Jr.
Does anybody have some plot ideas for this?
Do sober what you said you would do drunk, that will teach you to keep your mouth shut. - Ernest Hemingway
AlbinoRhino
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Despar on Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:15 am

I thought I heard or read somewhere about the possibility of a series or mini-series about the Nebari Resistance.

Anyone else here rumors of this?
:?:
Despar
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Ritual on Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:46 pm

If it happens, Chiana could be main character.
Ritual
Delvian Pa'u

Postby gunmenoftheapocalypse on Sat May 28, 2005 10:10 pm

I'd enjoy seeing something with memorable guest characters having time to themselves, although it would be more fun as an episode within the series than a series in its own right. Something about Furlowe and Strappa (I think they're both still alive, sorry if I'm wrong) meeting at a wormhole and [working together / getting stabbed in the back] to try and control it, eventually getting killed in the process. I love Strappa, don't know how a nice puffer-fish-headed guy like him would end up working for Scorpius.

Fun, sad and innocent - I doubt any character involved in the Peacekeeper Wars could look at a wormhole again without panicking.
gunmenoftheapocalypse
Delvian Pa'u

Previous

Return to Future Farscape