Is there a future for Farscape in the big screen ?

Discussions about Farscape's cancellation, and the campaign to promote the show's return. General discussion about THE PEACEKEEPER WARS should go in the relevant forum.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Is there a future for Farscape on big screen?

Postby AERYNSUN on Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:50 pm

In my opinion, YES. After the big succes of PK WARS, the nex step is, with no doubt, big screen. Definitely!!

It depens on how interested the big screen copanies are on the film. I can assure you all, I will be the frist in my cohntry in going to watch it, even if I have to go myself, and watch it several times.

Maybe you nay say I'm crazy, but there's nothing I can do. I LOVE FARSCAPE!!
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar
 
Posts: 877
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:55 pm
Location: barcelona

Postby Sandworm on Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:17 pm

once again, you misunderstand me.

I just feel that it won't be s much above the rest as usual. I am certainly not saying I don't want to see and/or would not support a Farscape movie. I'd just prefer to see S5.
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
User avatar
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order
 
Posts: 1633
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 11:39 am
Location: Arrakis

Is there a future for Farscape on big screen?

Postby AERYNSUN on Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:21 pm

I wasn't specifically replying to you, I was just expression my opinion about the subject, in this case the future or not of Farscape on big screen.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar
 
Posts: 877
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:55 pm
Location: barcelona

Postby Chi_fi_Eagle on Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:04 pm

Don't get me wrong either...when I speak of Farscape movie, I am mostly talking about some who new universe...say the Nebari or something else. I would think it very difficult to go back and continue anything in the UT's. Maybe even Crichton jr and his view ot the universe...not sure? :?: :evil:

With Ben in SG1, Anthony pretty much done what we had in my opinion is pretty much over except some of the many tangents that only got touched upon while John and Aeryn carried on.
"No Dream is guaranteed...the grace of age is we learn to accept." Gigi Edgley/Chiana admirer
User avatar
Chi_fi_Eagle
Scarran Ruling Order
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2002 2:04 am
Location: Western Pennsylvania USA

Postby SunKrux on Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:48 am

pssssst, Chi-fi-E - Firefly is on DVD my friend...has been for a while. ;)

As for FS on the big screen....since from all I've read and heard, that is the next step Henson, Kemper, et al want to take, I am fairly confident that we will eventually see it on the big screen and that's just fine for me. :D Unless a mircle happens and a better scifi network is born and actually plays decent, no make that GREAT scifi shows, we'll not likely see any more seasons of FS. Considering how much the "big 3 US networks" (ABC, NBC, CBS) are heavily regulated by the FCC, I wouldn't want FS on any one of those networks, especially if they are paying the bill.

I'm happy it's in syndication, but worry that it will get chopped to bits due to the FCC regulations in the US. I could be wrong, considering "Angel" & "Buffy" were on mainstream networks, but not any of the big 3 US networks.

IF however FS were to be given another season, I do NOT want it on SciFi, especially now that NBC owns it. I have issues with the movies SciFi has been running lately, especially on the weekends. Someone please explain to me how the frell "Liar, Liar" and "The Flintstones" (any version of the movies) are SCIFI?!!! :roll: :lol:
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
Image
User avatar
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
 
Posts: 1928
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 8:06 pm
Location: Plateau Tormented Space

Postby Chi_fi_Eagle on Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:45 pm

SunKrux wrote:pssssst, Chi-fi-E - Firefly is on DVD my friend...has been for a while. ;)

:roll: :lol:


I know cyn! :wink: ...however mine is on loan to a friend who had never heard of Firefly and I wanted them caught up for when Serenity comes out. I am just watching the hour before SG1 cause nothing else is on and since my DVD's are on loan...well a little taste keeps me up to date before the movie arrives
"No Dream is guaranteed...the grace of age is we learn to accept." Gigi Edgley/Chiana admirer
User avatar
Chi_fi_Eagle
Scarran Ruling Order
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2002 2:04 am
Location: Western Pennsylvania USA

Postby AERYNSUN on Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:42 pm

Chi_fi_Eagle wrote:Don't get me wrong either...when I speak of Farscape movie, I am mostly talking about some who new universe...say the Nebari or something else. I would think it very difficult to go back and continue anything in the UT's. Maybe even Crichton jr and his view ot the universe...not sure? :?: :evil:

With Ben in SG1, Anthony pretty much done what we had in my opinion is pretty much over except some of the many tangents that only got touched upon while John and Aeryn carried on.


Let's see:

I did not mean with the same bad guys nor the same characters. We all know that D'argo is death. Of course having more or less the Farscape background but with another bad guys. See my post in THE JOHN AND AERYN LEGACY. It was dated Oct 2004. I talked about different bad guys, another species completely different and taht none had seen before.

Of course it will be a renewed Farscape but adapted to big screen. It could be even with some old enemies. Imagination is free.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar
 
Posts: 877
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:55 pm
Location: barcelona

Postby SunKrux on Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:55 pm

AERYNSUN wrote:
Let's see:

I did not mean with the same bad guys nor the same characters. We all know that D'argo is death. Of course having more or less the Farscape background but with another bad guys. See my post in THE JOHN AND AERYN LEGACY. It was dated Oct 2004. I talked about different bad guys, another species completely different and taht none had seen before.

Of course it will be a renewed Farscape but adapted to big screen. It could be even with some old enemies. Imagination is free.


:shock: Who said D'Argo is dead?
















:P

Personally, if they don't have the ENTIRE cast in the movie, I won't go see it...don't care if Henson is the producer of the movie...I want my original FS cast/crew in the movie. I don't want Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts in the movie. NO way, no HOW! ;)

Learning about the Eidlons and how the PKrs came to work for them would be a cool movie. There are tons of possibilities out there folks. I'm sure Evil Kemper and gang have them all locked away safe and sound for the day they get the backing and ok to make said big screen movie. :D
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
Image
User avatar
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
 
Posts: 1928
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 8:06 pm
Location: Plateau Tormented Space

Postby AERYNSUN on Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:11 pm

SunKrux wrote:
AERYNSUN wrote:
Let's see:

I did not mean with the same bad guys nor the same characters. We all know that D'argo is death. Of course having more or less the Farscape background but with another bad guys. See my post in THE JOHN AND AERYN LEGACY. It was dated Oct 2004. I talked about different bad guys, another species completely different and taht none had seen before.

Of course it will be a renewed Farscape but adapted to big screen. It could be even with some old enemies. Imagination is free.


:shock: Who said D'Argo is dead?
















:P

Personally, if they don't have the ENTIRE cast in the movie, I won't go see it...don't care if Henson is the producer of the movie...I want my original FS cast/crew in the movie. I don't want Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts in the movie. NO way, no HOW! ;)

Learning about the Eidlons and how the PKrs came to work for them would be a cool movie. There are tons of possibilities out there folks. I'm sure Evil Kemper and gang have them all locked away safe and sound for the day they get the backing and ok to make said big screen movie. :D



Me either!!

I want Ben and Claudia to play Aeryn and John.when I talked about other charac6ters I wasn't referring at all to the main characters. I was just referring to some bad guys. Eidelons, were new in the PK WARS, so they could be included. Peacekeepers...? What's Farscape wothout peacekeeper and Grayza chasing them.

You do not have to worry about that. I'm sure Henson will do everything in her power to gather the old cast and crew. If not, the success is not so guaranteed. (I do not know if I worte that word properly. Barcelona is not in an english speaking country) my mother tongue is spanish).

And concerning to D'argo, well, let's saiy he was bad injured and found a diagnosan for healing him and manages to find them.

I cried in that escene!!
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar
 
Posts: 877
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:55 pm
Location: barcelona

Brad and Jennifer are out

Postby DCscaper on Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:40 pm

AERYNSUN wrote:Personally, if they don't have the ENTIRE cast in the movie, I won't go see it...don't care if Henson is the producer of the movie...I want my original FS cast/crew in the movie. I don't want Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts in the movie. NO way, no HOW! ;)


Hear, hear!! I totally agree. Unless, of course, one of the cast members chooses to opt out of the movie, which of course is his/her right (although I would forever be bitter at that person!).

Although, the image of Wil Smith as Crighton will have me cracking up for days... ;) What about Ewan McGregor? I could see him doing a decent impression of John. Bring Scarlett Johanssen in there as Aeryn and you've got it made (I'm a big The Island fan!). I haven't seen such good on-screen chemistry between two actors since Ben Browder and Claudia Black.
"In order to discover new lands, one must be willing to lose sight of the shore for a very long time." -Andre Gide (1869–1951)
User avatar
DCscaper
Peacekeeper Commander
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:24 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Postby JackBauer on Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:04 pm

the firefly movie looks amasing. Im sure the same could be done with Farscape.
JackBauer
Delvian Pa'u
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:40 am

BigScreen - BIG Waste of money...

Postby IDanoi on Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:12 pm

After a great deal of soul searching, I have come to the conclusion, that the money spent on a big screen remake, with the top A list names (as if)
and a massive budget, it would not be, could never be FARSCAPE.

It's life John but not as we know it....

Ben is John

Claudia - Arryn Etc Etc....................

I would rather there be loads of money to spend on another series rather than a big screen epic. The money could be better spent. There wasn't enough time in the 4 hours of mini series to put in all the fans would have liked to see. I won't go on, on this subject.

Its not that I'm ungrateful, but isn't it better to be the best ever on the all TVs of the world than an also ran in the cinema.

Don't get me wrong I was a Trekie,( untill I found Farscape) I enjoyed the Star Trek movies, but I never bothered to go to the cinema, partly coz it's sooo expensive now.

Some things are better in little packages...not so.

In my humble opinion, part of Farscapes appeal was / is its bite sized, cliff hanger,to be continued 45 mins of pleasure...

What do you lot think?
IDanoi
Peacekeeper Commander
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:18 pm

Postby SunKrux on Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:37 pm

I think the chances of FS becoming a series again are slim to none, especially since Kemper, Henson, and other PTB want to make FS movies now. Now, will those movies be "mini-series" style or big screen? Time will tell.

What do I want? I want to see Pilot, Moya and the rest of the gang on a BIG SCREEN. I want to see all that frellin'tastic CGI on the BIG SCREEN, where it belongs. ;) I've always wanted to see FS as a movie...on a big screen. :D That's just my opinion. ;)

*is jazzed after seeing Serenity this weekend
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
Image
User avatar
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
 
Posts: 1928
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 8:06 pm
Location: Plateau Tormented Space

Postby Mreen on Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:54 am

yup, ever since Liars Guns and Money, when I knew they'd have to go to widescreen, I have been waiting for the day to walk in the theatre, plunk my money down and sit in my favorite seat in the 2story auditorium, and watch Farscape shine in its cinematic glory in the envirement it always strived to achieve.

They never told the story in a small way on Farscape, they had a big scope in mind. And seeing it up on the big screen .. maybe next year? will be a glorious, wonderful couple hours ride.

After a few movies, they may one day do another series. But the ship has sailed on just picking up where we left off with the same characters every week on Moya. ... hm, well, the metaphor is appropriate. The ship has sailed into truly uncharted areas, the scopes of a much bigger stories to tell.

And Brian and Kemper were never afraid of change, of taking the tale to new level, and expecting us to keep up on our own with what they are doing. Or not, but that wont stop them from them trying.

(tho the idea of them recasting the characters is just silly. Barring a heavily made up character (Jothee) that they couldnt do without for the storyline, they'd rather exclude the character than recast. Maybe Natira could be recast - Claudia Karvin wont get back in the laytex, but maybe they can find another talented actress that just doesnt know better.)
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar
 
Posts: 872
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:10 am
Location: Ohio

Postby SunKrux on Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:45 am

Mreen wrote:(tho the idea of them recasting the characters is just silly. Barring a heavily made up character (Jothee) that they couldnt do without for the storyline, they'd rather exclude the character than recast. Maybe Natira could be recast - Claudia Karvin wont get back in the laytex, but maybe they can find another talented actress that just doesnt know better.)


*jumps up and down, waving her hand*

Me, me I'd do it...even though I'm slightly clostriphobic. :D I'd do it in a heartbeat! I've always wanted to be a character in a Jim Henson Production movie. :D
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
Image
User avatar
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
 
Posts: 1928
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 8:06 pm
Location: Plateau Tormented Space

PreviousNext

Return to Future Farscape

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron