Penultimate scene with baby

This forum is specifically to discuss anything to do with the story of the mini-series. <b>This forum contains SPOILERS!</b>

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Penultimate scene with baby

Postby TINemo on Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:57 pm

Recently I have been amusing myself with a FS marathon during this endless winter. The other night I reached bad Timing and went to watch PKWars on DVD......I've seen it many other times

Either I had a transient ischemic attack or dozed off(neither likely) but there is a scene where John is in a coma having used the wormhole weapon and Aeryn comes in with the baby and lays him beside John. Thereupon John wakes up. (I know I saw it because I have a clip on my hard drive)......but no, on this Lionsgate DVD John is night night and next he and Aeryn walk thru the terrace door, name Little D and hold him up to his playground...the stars.

Did anybody else notice this? Do I have a wonky DVD???? Is there another version????

I also thought I remembered a scene with Chiana returning the qualtah blade to Jothee, but I'm not that sure about that one.

Am I crazy????Older than I think????What the frell????Inquiring minds need to know :?:
Technical information nerd
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Re: Penultimate scene with baby

Postby sleeper on Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:59 pm

The PK War dvd that I have, has the scene that you are talking about. I'm at work so give me some time and I will see what version I have.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby TINemo on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:58 pm

OOPs! #-o

I tried rewatching it and it was all there....from Chianna giving the quallth blade to Jotheee to Harvey's death scene homage to 2001 Space Odyssey to John waking and telling the baby "Crichton's don't cry...not much and not for long"

S0000....unless my DVD somehow skipped 15 minutes or so, I must coclude I dozed off [-X

Although I am older than dirt this hasn't happened before during a Crichton moment.......but it has when I watch NASCAR racer turn left,left,left,left,left for 500 miles.

Old age is not for sissies, it's darn hard work.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby AERYNSUN on Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:24 am

In this particular scene you are all talking about I understand they say "Little Buddy". At least, that's what I understand because when John later names him Little D it sounds different.

I'm not anenglish spaeking person but I've also watched PK wars many times and also 2 years ago anspanish tv channel aired it in spanish and the first time we hear Little D is after that particular scene, once he has given the name D'Argo Sun Crichton.

TINemo, I hope that's useful for you.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby TINemo on Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:35 pm

Yes you are correct. John picks the baby up and says something like "Come here little buddy"

which probably doesn't translate readily. It sort of like "pal" "friend" "chum"....in other words, an endearment.

I think when John sees his possible son(in LATP)who is by the way his own son in real life(now 11-12) he also say" Hi there buddy"... his all purpose term for little boys.......like babe and honey for Aeryn.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Return to The Peacekeeper Wars