Do you think he is really dead.

This forum is specifically to discuss anything to do with the story of the mini-series. <b>This forum contains SPOILERS!</b>

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby Rav Winston on Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:51 pm

Firecracker wrote:
Rav Winston wrote:As Anthony Simcoe once said-- "F*ck him! He's dead!"

When did Anthony say that? Cause last time I heard Anthony talk about D'Argo's death he was upset about it and fought the idea right up until the last minute.

At one of the cons, at the breakfast. Folk were asking him about D'Argo, and the tall mercurial fellow leapt up on a table and shouted "F*ck 'im! He's dead!"

As I recall, he did fight very hard to keep D'Argo from dying, but now that it's done, I suppose he just wanted to move on.
"What's so important that you don't have time to look at the sky?!"

--Rebbe Nachman of Breslov
Rav Winston
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Firecracker on Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:41 pm

Rav Winston wrote:
Firecracker wrote:

When did Anthony say that? Cause last time I heard Anthony talk about D'Argo's death he was upset about it and fought the idea right up until the last minute.

At one of the cons, at the breakfast. Folk were asking him about D'Argo, and the tall mercurial fellow leapt up on a table and shouted "F*ck 'im! He's dead!"

Which con? 'Cause I have been at all of them since PK Wars and at all the charity breakfast's and I can promise you the only time that Anthony jumped up on a chair (not a table) and yelled was when he said "F*ck 'em! They should have killed the baby!"

Not D'Argo.

I think that Anthony has probably moved on - he is an instructor at a prestigious Drama School in Australia after all, and he has been involved in producing and directing a film. So of course he has moved on. That is the life of an actor.

Doesn't mean he wouldn't be thrilled to reprise his role as D'Argo if he was given half a chance. :)
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Rav Winston on Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:05 pm

Firecracker wrote:
Rav Winston wrote:
Firecracker wrote:

Which con? 'Cause I have been at all of them since PK Wars and at all the charity breakfast's and I can promise you the only time that Anthony jumped up on a chair (not a table) and yelled was when he said "F*ck 'em! They should have killed the baby!"
Not D'Argo.

I think that Anthony has probably moved on - he is an instructor at a prestigious Drama School in Australia after all, and he has been involved in producing and directing a film. So of course he has moved on. That is the life of an actor.

Doesn't mean he wouldn't be thrilled to reprise his role as D'Argo if he was given half a chance. :)

Ah! THAT was it!

Sorry, I could have sworn it was "He's dead!" referring to D'Argo.

Rav Winston
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby littlejamie on Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:24 am

I agree. He probably would be thrilled to reprise his role, if given a chance too.
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby TINemo on Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:11 am

I spoke at length with Anth at the 2005 con and he had all sorts of literary reasons why D'Argo had to die---to make the sacrifice that led to peace, etc.

He did also say, though,that he didn't want D to be dead(why would he, it was a great part?)

SCIfi showed all 4 hrs of PKwars on Christmas night 2006 of all the strange times(from 10PM to 2 AM). I didn't know they still had any rights to run it, but evidently they do.I hadn't seen it for quite a while and it served to remind me there are still lots of loose ends.

Raelee has said she doesn't know if Sukuzo is supposed to be dead, either.

The entire Eidulon water planet was destroyed by the wormhole weapon but it's possible that Grunschlik et al made it off.

As for Ben and Claudia being available, that's not for sure. Scifi has announced two direct to DVD SG1 movies and Ben at least has expressed interest in doing it if the money is right---and now they announced a third spinoff--name and plot unknown, so who knows.
Technical information nerd
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Firecracker on Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:24 am

Well a direct to DVD movie (or two) isn't as time consuming as a full time series. I don't see Stargate DVD movies hindering Ben and Claudia's participation in a possible Farscape movie/mini-series at all.

I am convinced that Sikozu is not dead. The mini-series was extremely pressed for time and there was no reason at all to show the Sikozu/Grunchlk encounter unless there was some future to it.

There were a lot of important things TPTB could have done with that time that would have advanced various storylines that the audience was following - that wasn't one of them.

Unless TPTB had plans.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby TINemo on Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:59 am

Well, yeah among others:

Is Chi really going to Hyneria
Will Rygel regain his throne
What happened to the Nebari revolution
Whose child is it that Grayza is pretending to be the grand chancellor's---could it be???????John?And how can she use it gain power
Will the peace hold
What would Scorpious do now????
If three is no longer a scary number will Lil D have siblings
If Sikuzo lives, what will she and Grunslik dream up
What will the Luxans do now
What will the Scarrans do now
What wil the PKs do now

Will we ever find out/?????
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Rav Winston on Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:22 am

--And what of Steve and his secret love for Chad??

Rav Winston
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby TINemo on Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:53 am

And what is Richard *Froonium* Manning writing these days??/

He might have a clue to some of those questions.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby SunKrux on Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:16 pm

Ah, but Froon will NEVER tell! :lol:
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby thoth on Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:51 am

TINemo wrote:Is Chi really going to Hyneria

I think so. I think they were trying to develop her character in PKW to the point where she was able to keep commitments. She started out saying that she does what she wants when she wants. Now I think she'll have developed some "give and take" skills.

What would Scorpious do now????

I think that's a good question. I personally think it's time to retire Scorpius. I absolutely enjoy the character, but I find it hard to think of what his motivations could be from here on out and wouldn't want any injustice done to the believability of the character. Maybe he's not satisfied with the peace treaty and wants an even greater measure of revenge against the Scarrans, but then again I feel that would have drawn that motivation out too long.

If Sikuzo lives, what will she and Grunslik dream up

Sikozu wants to free her people and Grunchlk wants to make money. If those two motives work together somehow, then the two character's will stick together. If not, they'll go their separate ways. Grunchlk chaperones diagnosians because he can make money off it. Hard to see how he could make money out of sticking with Sikozu.

Will we ever find out/?????

Now that's the real question. :)
Sikozu: Tell me, when will we stop following this human and start imposing our agenda on him?
Scorpius: We already have...
thoth
Delvian Pa'u

Postby TINemo on Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:52 am

Yes but as Sun Krux said *If Froon(or Rockne or even Brian Henson know) they are not telling.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Mad on Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:23 am

Firecracker wrote:Well a direct to DVD movie (or two) isn't as time consuming as a full time series. I don't see Stargate DVD movies hindering Ben and Claudia's participation in a possible Farscape movie/mini-series at all.

I am convinced that Sikozu is not dead. The mini-series was extremely pressed for time and there was no reason at all to show the Sikozu/Grunchlk encounter unless there was some future to it.

There were a lot of important things TPTB could have done with that time that would have advanced various storylines that the audience was following - that wasn't one of them.

Unless TPTB had plans.

1) YES ,non problem. Claudia black in 2004 has paticipated to an episode stargate sg1 and to the miniseries pkwars ...

2) Also i think that sikozu is not dead ,at least I hope... :roll:

MAD of love......farscape
Mad
Delvian Pa'u

Postby TINemo on Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:58 am

The PKWars mini series took three months to film--Jan thru March

At the same rate two direct to DVD movies should take six months or so.Although they manage to film 20 episodes in about 8-9 months.

If Ben or Claud were to also be involved in whatever the third SG is going to be---that's a considerable chunk of time to take up--especially since Henson would have to line up whatever of the original cast(Gigi,Johnathon,Wayne,Raelee, Rebecca,Lani.etcetc) all to be available for the same time frame.

Much as I would like it to happen I feel less and less like it ever will.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Firecracker on Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:39 am

TINemo wrote:The PKWars mini series took three months to film--Jan thru March

At the same rate two direct to DVD movies should take six months or so.Although they manage to film 20 episodes in about 8-9 months.

Which leave six months or so of the year for them to find other work.

Dunno... that seems long enough for me.

TINemo wrote:If Ben or Claud were to also be involved in whatever the third SG is going to be---that's a considerable chunk of time to take up--

Yeah. I wouldn't hold my breath over that one. Just sayin'

TINemo wrote:
especially since Henson would have to line up whatever of the original cast(Gigi,Johnathon,Wayne,Raelee, Rebecca,Lani.etcetc) all to be available for the same time frame.

If necessary, creative scheduling is something that people have managed since time immemorial.

As well, I don't see any of those actors turning down work.

TINemo wrote:Much as I would like it to happen I feel less and less like it ever will.

And I guess that is that attitude that gets some people through the day.

You don't mind if I look for the postive do you? For example, I just saw the "Through the Wormhole" interviews done by Space that aired yesterday. I was quite impressed by how many times, in how many different interviews Brian Henson (remember him? Owns Farscape? Co-owner of the JHC?) said that there will be more Farscape.

Not wants to make more Farscape - but that there will be more Farscape.

David Kemper, Andrew Prowse, Rockne O'Bannon have all said the same thing.

If Brian Henson comes out and tell the fandom - "Nope. No more Farscape." Then I will believe it. Until then...

I guess I will take his word over others.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

PreviousNext

Return to The Peacekeeper Wars