Interesting....

The amazing adventures of the Scoobies

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Emeraldcity

Postby chryse on Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:29 pm

Chryse quietly took out her flute and blew a few quiet notes from a melody about the beginning of winter. She was hoping that the magic in the flute would help Sunny recover from the heat. Out of the corner of her eye, she watched Sandworm confront Athene.

"Chryse, is that you? It feels cooler in here." asked Jila. Chryse nodded but didn't stop playing.

"Good, it seems to be helping. Keep it up." said Rae.

"hey, where'd Heimdall go?" asked Kara.
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Sandworm on Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:05 pm

"We haven't seen him since Athene arrived," said Sandworm. Then he thought for a moment. He said to himself, "No. Surely not. The pyramid would have killed him, right?"

Ragnar overheard, and understood what Sandworm was thinking. In a moment, Rae, Emram, Ragnar and Sandworm were on their feet, facing Athene. Rae was brandishing Raegun, and Emram was pointing his pulse rifle in a nice, threatening manner.

"OK, Heimdall. The game's up."

It was then that Athene changed. Her shape simply re-moulded itself, turned into a different one. She changed into a god which had been mentioned earlier, a trickster, someone who would have played these games with the Scoobs.

Kara stood, and simply said his name. "Loki."

Ragnar glanced at Sandworm.
"How did you figure that out?"
"I didn't, to be honest. It just... It was too easy to get in and out of there. There was something wrong."

Rae was watching Loki very closely.

"Don't move," she said.
"Rae, I hate to mention this, but he could escape whenever he wants. He's probably about as fast as me," reminded Sandworm.

Next thing any of the Scoobs knew, Loki was on the other side of the room.

"Great," said Ragnar. "Don't say I didn't warn you, Sandworm."
"OK," agreed the ancient humanoid. "I won't."
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Loki?

Postby Kayde on Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:03 am

"Loki?" Kay thought in amazement. She shook her head. When she had named her smallest sheltie, Loki, she never imagined in her wildest dreams...(well, maybe in her wildest dreams, but certainly not in her normal ones,) that she would actually see his namesake.

Loki, as if reading her thoughts, immediately changed into a irrasistabley cute innocent looking guy. He smiled at her charmingly. "I like you so much." he said to her with a shy voice.

"He is so cute and so nice." Kay said to herself.

"Don't be fooled by him." Kara said in a sarcastic voice. "Remember your Norse mythology. He is not naive. He is the biggest trickster of all."
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Sandworm on Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:45 am

"OK," said Sandworm. Then he stopped. The Scoobs turned to look at him. Next thing they knew, there was a lot of wind in the chamber, and neither Sandworm nor Loki were visible. There seemed to be visible shapes in various places, grappling, behind Kara, then over near Ragnar and Rae. Suddenly, in the middle of the chamber, Sandworm appeared and fell to the floor, smoking that blue smoke they all knew so well.

What had happened is this: Sandworm had chased Loki, grabbing hold of him. Loki had tried various guises to overpower him, a lion, a dalek (had to put that in!), fire, but Sandworm had been too quick to avoid these beings' attacks. Then Loki had had an idea, and changed into running water, while Sandworm was holding onto him. Sandworm had been covered in water, and had collapsed on that spot, smoking, defeated.

Kay ran over, worried, and even Ragnar looked concerned for his friend.

Sandworm opened his eyes slightly. "Oops," he said.

He tensed, and then relaxed, still smoking. Kay knew he was conscious, and in great pain, but she also knew that he knew that there was no point in crying out. It was pain, and that was it. If he died, he would die. However, he trusted the Scoobs, and he was sure they would help him.

He lay there, waiting, while Loki stood, triumphant, off to the side.
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

We need help

Postby Kayde on Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:37 am

Kaye ran over to Sandworm and supported his head in her lap. "We need a little help," she said. She threw a quick glance at Jila, whose eyebrows raised, knowingly. "He can't spend long here. You know that."
"Who?" Rae asked.
Jila didn't speak.
Kaye said seriously, "He may be the edge we need. HE (nodding at the prone Sandworm) needs."
"Who?" Kara asked.
"Okay." Jila acceded.
Kaye closed her eyes and concentrated.
Ragnar shook his head. "Her Mr. Wonderful." He said dryly, rolling his eyes.
"Castor... I need you!" Her voice echoed strangely through the room.
"Tell him to leave the dogs at home!" Jila said belatedly.
A sky blue glow filled the air, followed shortly by the length of a light saber, and subsequently by Castor Efrata-Landis stepping as if through a hole in space.
Everyone disappeared. Winked out. As if the Scoobs had ceased to exist.
Castor looked around, shut down his saber and hooked it to his belt.
"Okay", he said. Ragnar, Rae, Chryse, and Kara winked back in.
Ragnar grumbled, "I hate it when he does that."
"Oh." Castor said. And Jila winked back in too. "Sorry, Sis."
"Cute." She said disgustedly. "Did I miss anything?"
"Only being on time." Castor flipped back at her.
"What about Loki?" Kaye asked urgently.
"If there's one mind trick I know, and know very well, it's this one. Nothing will know I'm here - or y'all - if I don't want us to be found." He waved a hand. "This is yours?" He indicated the reappearing Sandworm.
"Yes. Can you help him quickly?" Kaye replied.
"I'll see what I can do." Castor reached down and covered Sandworm's frontal lobes with his hand, and close his eyes for a moment. "I can stop the pain, and start an accelerated healing process. But I can't do much more than that here."
"That'll be enough. It'll have to be." Kaye said.
Castor looked around quickly. "You've got company. Seems a bit perturbed." He gave Kaye an quick incorporeal kiss. "How do you guys get yourselves into this kind of stuff?"
"Cute." Jila said. "Like we have any control over the universe."
Sandworms eyes fluttered open.
"Hello." Castor quipped. "How's Leto? And have you seen him lately?" Castor grinned. "I'll distract your friend for a minute or two, but it won't be long before he sees you again." Castor gave a short bow to the group, and did a quick ghostly fade to black.

(Sandworm - Castor is my RL husband, and Jila's RL brother, who does a quick post every now and again. Castor is the Grey Jedi from RebelSquadrons.org. And, it's father's day. :) )
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Sandworm on Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:52 pm

(OK, Kayde. fine. Cool. :))

"Right," said Sandworm. "That's only the second weirdest thing I've seen since I first left Arrakis, about 100 years ago."

He glanced around, and saw the question forming on the Scoobs' lips.

"It was a rhetorical comment. But ask me later sometime. When I'm not injured, maybe. And when we're not in danger?" he suggested. "Any chance of a hand up?" he asked, glancing at Rae, who was standing over him.
"No problem," she said, and a moment later he was on his feet.

"Oh, OK," said Sandworm. "That's much better. Where did he go?"
"Oh, he went to sort out Loki. For a while, anyway," answered Kay.
"Great. Umm. Bad news, guys. Loki's pretty powerful. He's got infinite ideas of trickesterness (for lack of a better word). He's almost as fast as me, and he seems to be able to re-arrange his atoms in any way he wants. So, unless we have some other extra resources I don't know about, like orbit to surface bombardment, or specific god-killing weaponry, we are in deep, deep trouble, because we can't beat him."

He glanced around once more at the Scoobs, and his eyes came to rest on Sunny's form.

"Well, of course, no we have found Sunny, we could just leave. But that would mean someone else has to deal with Loki. Surely we can't do that? And anyway, the other gods might be grateful for us getting rid of him. It could happen!"

He looked around at the faces of the Scoobs, and saw that he wasn't really getting anywhere.

And he put into practice the greatest lesson of his lifetime. He shut up, and waited for someone else to speak up, so they could blame them next time.
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby RagnarRB on Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:45 pm

Silence prevailed...

Silence waited....

Ragnar finally rolled his eyes. "All right, all right, I'll do it."

"Do what?"

"Take care of Loki."

And just why was everyone looking at him with doubt in their eyes?

"I'll be fine, really, just tell me where to meet up with you and get going."

"Loki's no one to be..."

The big viking held up a hand and got his serieous face going. "Ott, ott, enough of that."

They just looked at him some more.

He rolled his eyes again. He had a pint of Punch-o-doom in one pocket and his little encoded black book full of all the things he wasn't supposed to know in the other...he'd be fine. Beside, Loki owed him, but that was another story.
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Are you sure?

Postby Kayde on Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:06 am

Kay and Jila, knew that Castor would not be able to come back to help. It was hard for him to flash in and out like that, and he only had enough mind control to do it few and for between for short periods. It was up to them. Or Ragnar......

"Are you sure?" Kay asked, looking worriedly at him.

He rolled his eyes once more. "Of course I'm sure!" But, still no one made a move to leave. "Get!" he ordered.

"Okay, Rag. We'll meet you just outside the Sphinx." Ray suggested, looking at the others for agreement. They nodded. They found a narrow door and went through one by one, each looking back at Ragnar with lines of worry furroughing their foreheads.

Ragnar shook his head at their obvious lack of confidence. He also wondered if they knew that the door they went through was going to actually lead them outside.
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby RagnarRB on Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:36 am

Watching everyone leave ,Ragnar took a deep breath. Guess he'd find out if they knew where they were going soon enough.

Drats!! It suddenly occured to him that he hadn't so much as kicked Sunny in the shins! And she'd just gotten away again, and it was his idea! Dag nab it!

The first drink he took from the flask was for the pigue, the second was just because. The third was...well the third was just the third!

"All right you big lout, come have a drink with an old friend.....and bring the hundred bucks you owe me!...."

Meanwhile, out in the passage. Who exactly was picking directions again? After a couple of rights and left or three who knew. And no one knew their way back either.

The pyramide was like a maze. How long before they figured it out?
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Sandworm on Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:44 am

"OK, I've had enough," said Sandworm. "I HATE being inside!"

And with that, he rushed at the wall. Kay called out, "Watch out!", not realising he was intending to hit the wall.

And the next thing they knew, they were in another corridor. It was not that Sandworm had broken through. It was that they had been teleported into another corridor, because he had broken through.

It stank of enchantment.

"Chryse, tell me that flute can dispell magic too, please."
"ummm... usually..." came the uncertain reply.
"Well, this labyrinth isn't real, 'cos real labyrinths let you break their walls."
"OK... I'll try."

Chryse put the flute to her lips and began to play a tune to dispell the magic surrounding them.

Then, with a cry of pain, the flute, charged with energy, zapped her, and dropped to the floor.

"OK. No flute," said Sandworm. "How do we defeat someone who can sort us out, just by playing with our minds?"

And as he said that, he regretted it. He realised he had just given Loki and idea.

Sunny began to feel intense heat. Rae, too. A Peacekeeper's worst nightmare. Spy fell over, blind. Chryse suddenly lost all feeling in her limbs, and fell down, paralysed. As for Sandworm, he was on the floor, writhing in pain, screaming to everyone to get him out of the water.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ragnar, standing in front of Loki, watched his friends, through the magic portal Loki provided.

"They have angered me." was all Loki said to explain.

ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby RagnarRB on Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:01 pm

"They have a knack for it, making folks mad that is. " Ragnar quipped at Loki's comment, handing him the flask. "Especially that one." pointing " But are things really that slow up there? I mean this seems a little bit beneith your usual level of fun."

Loki took a swig, scoffed and handed it back. His face was getting a little color but he didn't really say much.

Ragnar tilted his head. "Yep, that's what I thought. You're doing someone a favor, or just bored again."

"I am NOT bored."

Ragnar grinned and handed him back the flask. Yes there was deffinately more to this deal. May I make a suggestion?"
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Sandworm on Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:26 pm

meanwhile, things were getting increasingly dim, back with the rest of the Scoobs. Sandworm was still in agony, as though he was fully immersed in a pool of water. Sunny and Rae were completely useless, and they believed they had been taken by the living death. Chryse was trying to move, screaming, Spy was stumbling around, squinting. Not good at all.

Suddenly, Sandworm was struck by the realisation that this was not real. He wasn't in water. No matter what he felt, it was not there. It was time to put some of that mental training from the best of the Bene Gesserit to the test. He ignored the water. He knew it was not there. He knew it to not be there, so it couldn't be.

"I shall not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I shall face my fear. I shall let it pass over me and through me. Then I shall turn my inner eye to the path and see that the fear is gone. Only I shall remain."

The litany against fear helped, and more than Sandworm originally realised.

The pain of the water disapperaed completely. He was fine again! All he had to do was believe that it was not real. That was the key to Loki's power! He had to get a message to Ragnar.

He looked down at Sunny. Maybe she could teleport him there. But not while she believed she was taken by the living death, that was for sure.

Sandworm braced himself, he hated all this magic and telepathy. Give him good solid Physics, any day.

*Sunny. You are there. Hear me. You are not hot. There is no heat here. Your senses are lying to you, your mind is lying to you. Feel what I feel.*

Sandworm opened his mind, in a way that he had been strictly taught no Atreides should do back home. Not since the end of Leto's rule. Atreides's thought waves could be dangerous to telepaths. Sandworm hoped that would not affect Sunny.

Slowly, Sunny regained herself.

As soon as she opened her eyes, Sandworm grabbed her and pulled her to her feet.

"Sunny, I need you to get me to where Ragnar is quickly. He went back after Loki. I've figured out Loki's weakness. If we don't believe it, it's not true."
"... I'll try." Sunny said weakly, and stared at Sandworm, focusing.

And Sandworm was elsewhere.

He had time to think "I hate this.", before Loki ran into him, full force, knocking him over.

"Hiya, Rag," Sandworm gasped out. "I made it."
Then he passed out.
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby KaraS on Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:47 pm

Kara shook her head and muttered, "Men!"

She knelt by Rae. "Rae, wake up now. It's not hot."

Rae wasn't hearing her.

"Raegun, we need your help here. Convince Rae that it's nice and cool in here."

"OK." Raegun chirped.

Kara looked around her. Jila was huddled in the corner and Chryse was curled up in a fetal position. Kay was whimpering and rocking back and forth.

Why wasn't she effected? Perhaps being a mundane did have a few positive aspects. Perhaps not being psychic or magic made her more difficult for Loki to attack. Or perhaps, Loki just didn't care about her. If that was the case, Loki was in for a surprise.

"How're you doing Gunny?" She asked.

"No luck." the sentient weapon said. "I can't get through to her. She can't hear me."

"Enough of this dren." Kara grated. "Can you track us back to Loki?"

"Of course." Raegun said. "Illusions don't trick me! Just follow the directions on my monitor screen."

Following Raegun's directions, Kara turned around and walked through a nonexistant wall, headed back for Loki.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby RagnarRB on Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:34 pm

Looking down at Sandworm. "Well that wasn't exactly the suggestion I was going to make." Loki at least seemed happy with himself, albeit a little wobbly in the knees. Punch had a way of doing that. Punch laced with a little something extra really, really had a way of doing that.

The others just needed to be a bit more patient.

Ragnar watched Loki's eyes roll up in his head. "night, night." he intoned as he caught the falling trickster.

Deffinately a pulse, but out cold.

Ragnar looked around him as he lowered Loki to the floor and stuck one unconcious hand over his mouth, leaving Loki with the appearance of sucking his thumb. No so much to gag mind you but....well use your imagination.

He quickly arranged the god in a few embarassing poses and snapped a few digital pictures. A little something for the future.

Glancing at the viewer Loki had opened it was apparent the maze was still in effect. Well perhaps not the maze of the mind but the one with stone, solid walls looked pretty solid.

He noted Kara. Ah, he always knew she was the smart one.

Around the others their illusions faded.
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Sandworm on Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:56 pm

Sandworm coughed once more and got to his feet.

"Rag, I figured out the key to Loki's magic you've got to..."
He caught sight of Loki's uncoscious form.
"Oh, you got him already."
"Yeah."
"Where are the others?"
"On their way here. Kara's bringing them."
"Brilliant."

They stood in silence for a moment.

"Rag..."
"Yeah?"
"Thanks."
"Don't mention it, buddy."

Then the rest of the scoobs arrived, following Kara, who was still carrying Raegun.

"Hi guys!" said Sandworm, cheerfully. "What's next?"
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

PreviousNext

Return to Scooby Adventures