One Day at The Scooby Mansion

The amazing adventures of the Scoobies

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Emeraldcity

Postby Emram on Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:50 pm

Emram awoke, his head on fire, and his throat as dry as a camel's hump. He was still slumped against the wall, where, in his drunken state, he had collpased earlier. He struggled to his feet, his aching head seeming to swell, and staggered back to his room. Had it all been a bad dream?
"Emram's Taxidermy, you snuff 'em, we stuff 'em!"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Sandworm on Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:10 am

"How you doing, Emram?" asked Sandworm, bringing in a cup of coffee for him.
"You looked like you might want this." He noticed Emram looked somewhat the worse for wear. "Bad dream?"
Last edited by Sandworm on Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby reika on Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:39 pm

Emram looked up blearily...in his sodden state, he could have wept with joy to finally see a familiar face after the VERY frustrating morning he had just had (not that manly knights with degrees and all would do such a pansy thing as to weep). He reached up for the cup of coffee....

Abruptly he was distracted by a shimmering ball of light in the hall. It began stretching, widening, suddenly becoming tall and narrow.

A voice issued from within: “Oof, ow…hey, where did that come from?......what the frell is going on?!” A black-clad arm pushed its way out of the fractaled light, shortly followed by a feminine head. Looking round, the creature said, “Emram! Whatever you do, don’t take that cup of coffee!”

Sandworm looked distinctly peeved. “What? A friend can’t help a friend in need? Here Emram, drink up. It’ll revive you so we can join the others.”

The apparition from the mist spoke once again: “Look I know you don’t know me, and you think you know him, but you really don’t know him, and you’re just going to have to trust me on this! C’mon....think! He’s a sandworm and HE’S CARRYING A CUP OF COFFEE! He’s not who you think he is!”

Emram slumped back to the floor looking distinctly ill. The whiskey had not done any justice to his mental faculties, and the strain of trying to sort out who knew who was not helping matters. He tried to shut out the cajolings of Sand cuz his stomach had begun to object to the idea of inserting anything into it. “Go away and leave me alone.”

Meanwhile, with a fair amount of grunting and heaving-ho, the humanoid continued pushing its way out of the light, eventually resolving into a dark-haired, blue-eyed, humanoid female. Emram cracked one eye open, just in time to see her tackle his friend. Just as they both hit the floor, there was a wrenching, gut-churning sensation. When he opened his eyes again, he knew something was different but he couldn’t quite put his finger on it.

“Damn, I hate Reality Shifts!” The woman dusted herself off.

That’s it! Synapses had finally connected and he knew what was missing! “Uh, I hate to interrupt,” he said, “but where’s Sand? And for that matter, who are you and what are you doing here?”

“Please, allow me to introduce myself: My name is Reika. I often hang out with the Scoobs but have been away for some time. I was making my way back to SciFi.com and ran smack into a Reality Field. I had to play with the energy forces quite a bit just to make headway. There’s a LOT of shifting going on out there. For that matter, it’s quite a problem in here.”

“Yeah, well, that explains you, but it doesn’t explain Sand,” Where did he go?” Emram sounded just a tad put out; it was all a bit much to handle in his....ah....compromised state.

“Look, just forget him. He didn’t exist at all. He, or rather ‘it,’ was just a Reality Construct. We should probably get moving; it’s always a baaaaad sign when the Reality Constructs act like sentient beings. It’s even worse when they formulate a plot to harm you. Trust me, that cup of coffee wouldn’t have been good for you!”
reika
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Emram on Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:32 pm

Emram grappled with the idea as they walked along, the pounding in his head subsiding to a mere throb.

"So, you're telling me," he said, frowning, "that I have been seperated from the unreal reality of the Scooby mansion by-who? and that everyone else is going about their day as usual? But why me? Why would they choose me?"
"Emram's Taxidermy, you snuff 'em, we stuff 'em!"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby RagnarRB on Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:33 pm

Jeff frantically jabbed a rapidly bruising finger at the override controls, all the while trying to avoid the shower of sparks eating at the tender flesh of his left arm, and wishing someone whould shut off that blasted alram!

All around him lights flashed, sparks flew. Some sort of energy flux, had to be!

Behind him the main door opened and other techs stormed in the room.

"Field intergrity down to eighty percent but holding...."

"Number three generator is cycling off line, backups kicking in...."

It was a steady cacophany of yelling and checking.

It looked like the matrix wopuld hold but Jeff was sure wishing he'd found another job.

Somewhere a,mungst it all Pedro entered the room with two steaming cups of coffee and decided it would be a good time to merge with a wall.
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Sandworm on Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:47 pm

Meanwhile the Scoobs were happily eating breakfast. Well, Sandworm was, still, anyway.
"What?" he asked, as the Scoobs stared wide-eyed, "I'm just a bit peckish, that's all..."
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Combat boots occassionally sticking in the mud

Postby Rivyn on Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:37 pm

Rivyn trudged back towards the new mansion, softly chanting cadance to herself.

"Reality can really blow
So it's a place I seldom go.
Network dweebs can be so dumb,
Take them weeks to see what hit 'em."

"Count off," Raegun chimed in cheerfully, chuckling.

"One, two."

"Count off."

"Three, four."

"Bring it on home, now."

"One, two, three, four. One-two. Three-four," Rivyn chanted dutifully, yawning. "Time check."

"Thirteen-fifteen, oh Colonel my Colonel."

"Good," she yawned, dropping to the ground and resettling her pulse-rifle. "Damage reports yet?"

"The charge took out their number 3 generator. Once the virus gets past their firewalls, 2 and 7 should follow in short order."

"Well, it won't exactly disable them for any length of time, but it'll slow them down. Any luck decrypting the data we ripped?"

"Nothing yet, sorry."

"No worries, Gunny. Riv still loves ya." Sighing, she pulled herself to her feet again. "How to explain this absence to the others, you think? It was longer than most. I don't think they'll believe 'bad spell trip' and 'standard recon' for much longer..."

"Well, we have our orders."

"I know, Gunny, I know." She shrugged and resumed slogging through the mud. "And I can't blame our superiors for wanting to seriously undermine Reality but, in that, they are on the same side as the Scoobs."

"Orders are orders."

"Like you've ever believed that..."

"Okay, then. What the Scoobs don't know can't upset them or hurt us?" Raegun offered.

"Better. Where was I?"

"You just finished the 'Reality blows' cadence."

"Ah, thanks," she murmured and resumed chanting.

"Real life's a real drain,
Plus a quite enormous pain..."

She trailed off as she walked headlong into... well, into something. Invisible wall? she wondered, reaching out and touching it. She shivered and withdrew her hand quickly.

"Technology," she whispered, shaking her head. "Raegun, analyse this signature."

"Already have, Rae. You aren't going to like it."

"Thought not," she sighed, shaking her head. "Reality-tech..."

"The field appears to completely encompasse the mansion and grounds."

"Damn. Can you get any readings? Are they okay?"

"Hard to say, but the field appears to utilize phase-shift technology."

"Aw, drenn," she sighed, closing her eyes. "Can I punch through?"

"You should be able to walk through. The repelent affect appears to be directly proportional to the kinetic energy of the object trying to pass."

"Slow and easy," she sighed, nodding and slowly pushing her way through.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, this is like the Langoliers only with a mansion instead of an airport," Rivyn noted, crossing the grounds.

No dogs or children playing, no scapers lounging, no DRDs or support staff...

"I am picking up two other life-signs. Emram and... Reika?"

"Frell me dead. Gang's pretty much all here any more," she noted with a smile, nodding to herself. "Gunny, their bearing?"

"One two point twenty-three."

"En ingles?" she requested, smiling tolerantly.

"Front hall, heading towards the ballroom."

Rivyn nodded and broke into a run. Not wise, she reflected in retrospect as her muddy boots skidded on the highly polished marble floor and she went flying.

She landed in a muddy, black-clad, heavily-armed, cursing heap at Reika and Emram's feet.

"Hi, guys," she mumbled into the floor, not looking up. "Shut up, you," she added to the laughing Raegun.
Rivyn
Luxan Warrior

Location: Reality Land, unspecified Covert Op, indefinite assignment

Postby RagnarRB on Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:03 pm

*INTRUDER ALERT* *INTRUDER ALERT* *ABNOMALITYY HAS BEEN DETECTED* *ABMOMALITYY HAS BEEN DETECTED*

Jeff hadn't thought any siren could out blast the one he was already hearing. He was wrong.

"Now what?"
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Thinking

Postby Kayde on Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:36 am

Thinking how weird it was around the mansion this moring, Kay went back to get the cup of tea she had laid down and found it was gone. She started looking for it and saw it in the sink. Shrugging, she went to turn the kettle on for more hot water. Then she turned around again, and the cup was on the table. She looked around half expecting someone to be grinning at her. Why were things really weird this morning?
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Sandworm on Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:23 am

"Hey, I was only half watching - these pastries are all soooo good - but did that teacup just float through the air?" asked Sandworm
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Float?

Postby KaraS on Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:51 pm

"I didn't see it float." Kara said. "It just kind of... ported. First it was one place, then it was another place. Very odd."

"We haven't been here in this new mansion very long." Kay said. "Maybe that kind of thing is normal for here."

"That kind of thing is never normal." Sandworm said.

"Ghosts?" Kara said. "Perhaps we can borrow some scanners from Egon and Ray."
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Previous

Return to Scooby Adventures