Early on a cool August morning...

The amazing adventures of the Scoobies

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Emeraldcity

Musing

Postby Kayde on Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:58 am

Listening to the talk, and washing the glass, Kay didn't notice anything different. She didn't feel anything in entering her skin, and rinsed #7's glass and picked up the next one. It broke in her hand cutting her.

"Ouch!" Kay said, looking at her hand bleeding and wondering if the glass had been cracked. Holding her hand under the water, she tried to stop the bleeding.

"You okay? Kara asked, jumping up to help her. # 7 came to see as well.

"Um, yes, I think so. I can't figure out how the glass broke. Must have had a crack in it."

"Let's see where you cut yourself." IQ said in sympathy.

Kay took her hand out from under the water and looked at her hand. She couldn't find the cut. "It was just here a second ago," she said frowning. "It was bleeding profusely."

"Well, you must have wonder skin." Kara said teasing her, thinking that the cut couldn't have been that bad if they couldn't see it now.

Shrugging, Kay picked up the next glass to wash it, and it broke as well.
Thankfully, it didn't cut her this time. But it unnerved her.

"Gee, Kay, don't hold them so hard." Kara said chuckleing.

"I'm not. I'm barely picking them up." she said with bemusement.

"Oh, you just don't know your own strength." #7 teased.
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby JilaCosa on Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:37 pm

"Stop that damn pacing Rae!" Jila slammed the floor in front of her with her hand. "How do you expect me to meditate with you pacing."

"That's just the p..." Rae stopped her pacing suddenly and looked at the floor just in front of Jila. A jagged hole was there and there were red splashes covering the board ends. "What the...? Did you just do that? Let me see your hand." Jila held out the hand she had hit the floor with for Rae to inspect and then looked down at the floor.

"How...?" Jila looked at her own hand. "Rae? There's blood but I'm not bleeding."

"Yes I know." Rae frowned and was careful not to touch the blood on Jila's arm. "Oh dren." Whatever cuts Jila had given herself slamming through the floor were gone.

"What?"

"You touched Seven after he'd been exercising right?"

"Yes." Jila nodded slowly. "I took his heart rate."

"He was sweating, wasn't he."

"Yeah." Jila nodded again, a look of puzzlement spreading over her face. "Why?"

"Nanites." Rae began pacing again. This isn't good. Who else have they infected? "The nanites that were introduced into Seven's body have started coming out with his body fluids. Sweat, blood, etc. Whoever comes in contact with those fluids also gets a dose of nanites. For now I've got to get them out of you. You've got enough to handle with magic. You don't need super strength."

"Fine. Take them. What do I have to do." Jila breathed deep and exhaled slowly. Her body started to shake from fear,and anxiety. Rae was right. She had enough trouble these days without something like this. "All I want to know is... will it hurt."
Last edited by JilaCosa on Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Still diagonally parked in a parallel universe
The FarScapeScoobyGang
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Postby RagnarRB on Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:22 am

Ragnar nodded to Sandworm as he passed nearby. He had to admit that the new guy was blending in quite well. Crais on the other hand...

"It's got to be your equipment." Ragnar insisted under his breath.

"More likely operator error." The mandroid retorted.

They had both made a full circuit and then some of the club. Ragnar's monitor keep reading nanite traces, Crais's did not. The only common area seemed to be the stairs at the back. Both scanners found traces there.

Ragnar was getting bored. Maybe Crais's method was better after all. If they just didn't have to keep Rae from knowing!

"Let's just do the stairs and see what we get."

There was a lsight pause. "Deal."

"Sandworm watch out backs we're heading up."

"What about the bouncer?"

"He's going to."

Sandworm wasn't in a good position to see it all and there was nothing much to hear but two men neared the back stairs and it appeared that three went up.
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Hmmm...

Postby Kayde on Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:02 am

Kay was curiuos and a little concerned about her apparant strength. She had never been this strong before. And it wasn't just a little stronger. She found when she went to move a chair in the kitchen, that she sent the chair and table sliding several feet away, as if it were a small rubber ball.

She decided to get the kitchen cleaned up while her thoughts calmed down, and was astounded when she cleaned at a speed which was
hard to comprehend.

The guys weren't back yet, but Kay wondered if she was as strong as Ragnar. And what made her that way?
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Lean, mean cleaning machine

Postby KaraS on Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:58 pm

"Kay!" Kara said. "How did you get all this cleaned up so fast? I was just coming in here to help you but it's all done?"

"I'm not sure." Kay said. "I seem to have the speed of ten kitched cleaners."

Kara looked at Kay. She didn't look any different. But then, neithr did #7.

"I think we'd better talk to Rae about this." she said.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Sandworm on Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:09 am

"Ragnar, Why can't we let Rae know? I mean, did I miss something?" asked Sandworm
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Rae

Postby Kayde on Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:09 am

Rae was just figuring out what was up with Jila when Kara and Kay came in. Rae rolled her eyes when she found out that Kay was exceptionally strong as well. How many more were affected.
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby RagnarRB on Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:17 am

When Sandworm asked his question over the com he expected Ragnar to, well, answer. Instead what he got was a little more direct....

"SANDWORM!!!!!"

Crais and Ragnar can barreling back down the stairs....

Shots rang out behind them.

"SANDWORM!!!!"

Now would be a good time for that distraction.
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Sandworm on Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:45 am

With a loud roar, Sandworm lept into the building he had chosen as a diversion. Use of wild magic may cause structural problems, as the builders of that particular building found out the hard way - it collapsed on top of the neighbouring building, the foundations having been ripped out by super-fast growing vines, just as Ragnar and Crais were exiting. The doorway they had emerged from was blocked, and there didn't seem to be any serious injuries either.
"How's that for a diversion, guys? now lets get outta here."

(btw, if anyone followed that, you win a special prize - cos I can't)
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

fan-frelling-tastic

Postby Rivyn on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:24 am

"Wonderful," Rivyn muttered after having heard Kay and Jila's stories. Pernicious little bugs. And she had asked for the non-infectious variety, too. Typical...

"Jila, you first," she announced, placing both palms against a blank section or wall. It promptly disovled under her hands. "Come on."

Jila followed slowly, nervous. "Does it hurt?"

"Jila, have i ever hurt you?"

"Occassionally, but..."

"Don't worry. This may not be pleasant, but it's not painful," she promised the other woman. "Sit," she added, gesturing towards what looked to Jila like a dentist's chair.

Jila hesitantly settled into the seat, watching as Rivyn turned towards a computer terminal and entered a long computation into the keyboard.

"What are you going to do?"

"It's no worse than any antibody," the 'Sebacian' answered. "Your body will expel the nanites in short order. Just... remember what I've taught you."

"Which thing?" Jila asked, frowning. Among the many lessons she had learned from her friend and mentor in recent months were numerous pain-management techniques.

"All of them." Rivyn raised an eyebrow, giving Jila a reassuring smile before producing a syringe and emptying its contents into Jila's carotid artery. "Sorry," she added, strapping her arms and legs to the chair. As the woman started to twitch, she continued, "Just try to relax."

"Holy Hezmana!" Crais gasped as he and Ragnar ran down the stairs and into the club's common room. "Now that is a diversion!"

"So glad you approve," the Viking huffed. "Come on."

Crais nodded and broke into a half-sprint, dragging Rangar with him. "I gather that Rivyn's contact does not wish to be publically known," he added as Sandworm fell in next to them. "Wonder why..."
Rivyn
Luxan Warrior

Location: Reality Land, unspecified Covert Op, indefinite assignment

Postby Sandworm on Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:55 am

"So glad you enjoyed my diversion..." said Sandworm, his eyes slightly glazed as he looked back to ensure they were not being followed. "I enjoyed making it."
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Rivyn on Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:57 pm

"How are you feeling?" Rivyn asked Jila, helping her towards the bed.

"Wondering what Sebacians consdier a 'normal vaccine'," the human murmured weakly, dropping face-first onto the Sebacian's bed, shaking.

"Next," Rivyn asked, glancing at Kay.

"Uh, Rae, I hate to, you know, rain on your parade, but this isn't going to solve the problem," Kara pointed out. "Those nanites must be everywhere by now."

"I know. But reinfection isn't going to happen now that they have the antibodies." She shook her head. "I'll get on cleanup as soon as I have Kay inocculated."

Crais, I could use a little help here she sent mentally. Still no response. Frell this drenn. Raegun, over-ride. Authorization R two seven one three eleven eleven three four two niner.

Overriding now...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well, that could have gone better," Ragnar grumbled as the three men hunkered down in their bolt-hole, waiting for the coast to be clear.

"No one ever said that digging into Riv's past was safe," Crais pointed out, smiling and shaking his head.

"You are enjoying this!" Sandworm accused.

"Frell yes, I am." Crais opened his mouth to elaborate, but winced.

Bailar Ander Taurin Anatha Crais!

"Frell," he whispered, rubbing his suddenly-aching head. Rivyn's mental screaming could be louder than the verbal variety. "We should get back to the mansion," he advised. "Riv doesn't sound happy..."

"Uh, we're kind of pinned under heavy fire, here," Sandworm pointed out. "How are we supposed to--"

*Pop*

The three men jumped to suddenly find themselves in an atic converted into some bizarre cross between a bedroom, a flower shop, a wizard's keep, an apothecary's lab, an electrician's workshop, and (in a new development) a medical lab of some sort.

Jila was sprawled face-down on the large bed, and Kay was sitting on a beanbag chair near the fire, sipping a cup of cocoa and shaking slightly.

"Gentlemen," Rivyn greeted them, her voice dangerously calm and level. "Now what have we been up to?"
Rivyn
Luxan Warrior

Location: Reality Land, unspecified Covert Op, indefinite assignment

Postby RagnarRB on Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:58 pm

Ragnar looked at Rae and in his most honest and sincere voice replied to her question...A paragon of innocence i tell ya!

"Christmas shopping! ....And no peeking!"
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Sandworm on Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:02 am

"THAT WAS SHOPPING????" said Sandworm, slightly annoyed.
Then he saw the look on Rag's face, and shut up...
everything would be explained later.
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Holding the cup

Postby Kayde on Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:14 am

Holding the cup as if it were the only thing in the world that mattered, Kay just sipped the chocolate and wondered why the guys went Christmas shopping now.
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

PreviousNext

Return to Scooby Adventures