Early on a cool August morning...

The amazing adventures of the Scoobies

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Emeraldcity

Early on a cool August morning...

Postby IQ120 on Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:11 am

...4,5,6,7,8,and9 were clustered around a small helicopter they'd built out of paperclips and refridgerator magnets in an empty field. #7 climbed inside the cockpit. 7 pulled a recorder out of his pocket...

"note to self: next time design cockpit with leather interior."

#7 replaced the recorder in the pocket of his lab coat, and started the engine. Nearby, #9 was getting angry.

"We haven't done the checklist yet," said #9, "what does #7 think he's doing."

"loosen up, man" said #4

#9 began to go down the checklist...

"Ambulance?" said #9

"Check" said #5

"power?"

"all five AAA batteries"

"radar?"

"Check"

"Weather forecast?"

"Check"

"parachute?"

"um..."

"Does he have a parachute?"

"I don't think so" said #5. The prototype lifted off the ground. #9 pulled a radio out of his lab coat.

"#7 we need you to come back, land, and get all your safety gear before you can take of again, over"

"Roger #9, I'll be back in a minute, I just want to check how well the guidance works first..."

Before #9 had a chance to respond, a group of crows (who had been sleeping in the middle of the field) took flight, and began crashing into the paperclip and magnet aircraft. The dorsal propellar stopped working. The helicopter began to spin...

"MAYDAY! MAYDAY! MAYDAY! I'm Goin' down" The helicopter crashed into an empty part of the field. 4,5,8,and 9 ran to the reckage. #6 started up the ambulance........

****a short time later in the new mansion****

A very loud alarm sounded somewhere. IQ jolted awake. He looked at his watch... 5:00. He slipped his feet into his bunny slippers and pulled on his robe. Then, wiping the sleep from his eyes, he walked into the hallway. Rivyn, wearing hello kittie PJs, ran past IQ and out of site. IQ decided to go and see what all the fuss was about. Eventually, IQ found Chryse who was standing next to a computer silencing the alarm. A small paper printout shot out of the computer.

"What is it?" asked IQ.

"It's a code 13 medical emergency" said chryse reading the printout...

IQ and Chryse began walking toward the mansion's Emergency Room, along the way they ran into sunkrux,viridian, Jilacosa, and ragnar.

The scoobs found Rivyn talking to #4 outside of the mansion's ER. #4 looked rather shaken up.

"There's been an accident," said #4, "#7 was testing an experimental aircraft, and it crashed."

"Is he gonna be alright?" asked ragnar

"Sort of"

"What do you mean 'sort of'?" asked IQ

"well," said #4, "we have the technology... We can rebuild him, stronger faster..."
IQ120
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby RagnarRB on Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:53 pm

Ragnar took in a deeper breath, nervously shifted, and stretched his eyelids a bit at IQ's comment. His concern for the injured IQ suddenely grew a tint of a different color around the edges at the words he heard. A twinge of apprehension even.

He glanced at Rae and Chryse, his eyes asking the question, "and this is a good thing how?". One IQ tinkering was a genius, a bunch of them together....dangerous!

He couldn't help it. "Ummm...just what do you mean by that?" A casual observer might have thought the clone was just making light of a tense situation. A certain viking knew better.

#4 , for his part, suddenly looked a little too innocent for his own good. Not the IQ's, Ragnars!

The big man groaned. There were too many of them grinning!
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby JilaCosa on Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:35 pm

Meanwhile Jila sat next to Seven's bed holding his hand. The hand that didn't look like it had gone through a meat grinder. All around he looked pretty bad. She couldn't imagine why the Docs weren't here yet to help. Jila knew her head shook lightly from side to side, as it did these days when her emotions ran high. Hopefully the others would be too worried about Seven to notice her.

Seven moaned quietly. Jila didn't know if it was her imagination or not but she thought she could feel where Seven hurt. Best not to think about that too much. There was a Lot of pain coursing through his body.

Jila sighed. Why wasn't somebody doing Something? They all seemed to be in the outer room Gabbing. Jila took a deep breath and exhaled slowly to calm herself. The IQs would never let him die. Jila knew this. One doesn't let a brother die.

Jila sat on the stool by the bed and tried to send to Seven all the good vibes and restful feelings that she could.
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Postby chryse on Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:29 pm

"Stonger? Faster? What does that mean?" asked Chryse again.

#4 looked happy, "We can rebuild his body using robotics. He'll be a super IQ!"

"Where is he now? How's he doing? We should go in and see him." said Sunny.

"I can feel him, he's in horrible pain. You guys need to get him something!" Rae said very intensely. The others looked at her, Rae was very pale, almost trembling.

"Dren, this isn't good. He must be really bad for Rae to look that bad," said Sunny. She grab 4 and turned him around, "Let's go and give some pain killers, really strong ones... NOW!"
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby RagnarRB on Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:18 pm

Ragnar eyed the behavior of the IQ's with just a touch of trepidation. They weren't normally this chatty and eager until......after!

His eyes narrowed. Had they done their deed already?
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby SunKrux on Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:00 am

*Sunny dragged #4 towards the med unit and started to look around the room trying to find the pain meds. That's when she realized that not only was Rae being effected by #7's pain, but that Jila was as well.

"Jila, you need to let 7's hand go. You'll feel better if you do," Sunny encouraged.

"If I let go he won't know I'm here," Jila started to whine.

"Yes he will. Trust me," Sunny said gently taking Jila's hand and removing it from #7's

*Rae - time to explain that particular power/gift to Jila don't you think? Sunny sent to the weary Rae who entered the room.

"Where are those damn bots?!" Rae demanded. "I thought they'd be here by now."

*Sunny shruged as #4 finally found the pain meds and administered them to #7

"That should ease his pain, for now," #4 informed the others.

The remaining uninjured IQ's entered and pulled #4 away. They huddled together trying to figure out what went wrong, aside from those pesky crows flying into their latest invention.
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby Kayde on Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:00 am

Kay walked in, took one look at #7 and yelled, "What happened?!"
The others explained quickly, and she looked at sympathy to the poor injured IQ. All of a sudden he looked at her, and actually opened his eyes wider. Kay smiled at him.

"I wonder what it is about you that made him respond." # 4 said speculatively.

"I don't know. Maybe it's my magnetism!" Kayde said grinning, as she pulled a magnet out of her pocket and held it up.

"That's it! IQ yelled. That will help him stay together and more comfortable untill we can fix him!" He grabbed the magnet and said, "More!.. Bring me more magnets!"
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby RagnarRB on Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:18 am

After who knows how many magnets later, heated or excited discussions and debates amung the IQ's, and an unceramonious eviction of all others to a waiting area the gang still waited.

The lights flickered once then dimmed...Number 5 stepped out quickly to appologize and grab a portable generator all the while mumbling something about lack of power...

Kay made a run for coffee

Sun slipped off to take care of some business promising to return with pizza.

Jila finally relaxed and fell asleep on a couch.

Chryse covered her with a blanket.

About this time Number 7 and 8 made a parts run, bringing in a managerea of bits and pieces while humming in concert.

And Ragnar wondered just what was going on.

All that was left was for the real IQ to pace back and forth like an expectant father and wonder if he really should have left the repair job up to the clones after all?
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby SunKrux on Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:10 am

*pssst, Ragdear...#7 isn't up for making any parts runs* Sunny thought to the Viking as she pointed to the still form of #7 laying in the bed of the Mansion's med unit

Ragnar glared at Sun, "You know I hate it when you do that!"

"Sorry dear, but I know it's hard to keep all the IQs seperate, but #7 is the injured one. Maybe it was #3 that went with #8 to get parts," Sunny offered as she returned with the pizza.

(Watch out for those continuity errors Rag...they'll suck you in. ;) )
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Rae walks into the med-bay

Postby Rivyn on Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:18 pm

and hands #4 a small, flat box. "It's a good thing my soul's already a non-negotiable asset, you know, because if it weren't, I'd have had to sell it to get these," she murmurs.

"Nanites?" he asks, raising an eyebrow. "Nonobotic repair droids? You're frelling me?"

She shakes her head shortly. "Don't ask. Just don't ask. Just be happy I don't have the capacity for guilt."

"Duly grateful," #4 assured her, opening the box and glancing at the row of small vials inside. "This is... a lot. A lot, a lot."

"That would be the point. They'll start to heal the damage until you can get the larger machinery prepped. And they'll facilitate his body's acceptance of them."

"And... after?"

"Do you want the things, or not? Because I can get a damned good price for them from the Vardians." Shaking her head, she turns and walks off, joining Jila as #4 hurries to show the nanites to the others. "Hey, you okay?"

"We hurt," she answers dully, not looking up.

"Not for long," Rae promises, squeezing her shoulder. "Remember those exercises I showed you. Pain's an illusion, a lie."

"It doesn't feel that way now."

"Remember the exercises!" Rae orders sharply. "Now, soldier!"

"I'm not a soldier!" Jila protests, jumping to her feet.

"My training regime, my rules. Get ahold of yourself."

Jila nods slowly and sits again, closing her eyes and inhale deeply. "Why can I feel what he is?"

"Grade three empathic response. Trust me, it could be worse."

"This is from learning magic?"

"It's from learning... to open your mind. It's also what you get for letting a creature like me inside your head. Now do your exercises."

Jila nods and focuses on the pain-control techniques Rae has shown her.

"Rae," a voice hisses from the door.

She spares a final look at Jila, then glances up at IQ, the one and no longer only. Nodding, she moves to his side.

"The nanites? Are those things legal?"

"Not even slightly."

"Safe?"

"Undeniably," she lies easily. They were, at least better than the alternative.

"Okay. You guys hear that? Eight, prep an injector."

"Already got it," Four assures him, holding it up.

"We have the technology," Rae murmurs to herself, stepping back to allow the clones to work.
Rivyn
Luxan Warrior

Location: Reality Land, unspecified Covert Op, indefinite assignment

Postby RagnarRB on Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:50 am

"Gee Rae, remind me not to play poker with you." She gently poked him in the ribs for his effort. It would not due for the IQ's of the world to overhear.

Ragnar of course ignored her. Theirs was an...interesting...relationship.

"Are you sure this is wise, I mean giving nanites to IQ's?"

She glanced up at him. That was an interesting question.

"Meaning?"

"Meaning they already like tinkering with stuff. If I was you I'd count all the nanites and look for a few that absent mindedly don't get used. Number one and three have been plotting for months on how to aquire some. Who know's what they'll do with them if they get to play!"

With that he drapped a gentle arm around Jila's shoulders and steered her away. "What say you and I go find a cup of hot cocoa. I p[romish I won't make you eat the marshmellows!"
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby chryse on Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:04 am

Sunny and Chryse looked at each other. Nanites? they mouthed to each other and looked at Rae.

"Ragnar's right... was that really a good idea?" asked Chryse.

"I think I'm getting out of here," said Sunny and quickly left the room.

She ran into Kayde as she came back with the coffee. "What's the matter?" asked Kay. Sunny just shook her head and walked out.

"Come on, I was going to get Jila some hot chocolate." said Ragnar, guiding Kay back out of the room. "Bring the coffee and Chryse too."

Kay and Chryse followed as the group headed toward the kitchen. Chryse filled Kay in as to what the IQ's were doing now, with Rae's "gift".

Ragnar got Jila to sit down and prepared her a mug of hot chocolate and set it down in front of her.

"Drink some Jila, it'll make you feel better." said Rae, "You need the extra fuel." Jila obediently sipped from the steaming mug and did indeed feel a little better.

"I'll have a bit of that coffee, if you don't mind Kay," said Ragnar, pouring himself a cup from the carafe she held.

"Do you know what's up with Sunny?" asked Kay, pouring some coffee for herself.

"Maybe she has had some experience in her past with nanites?" asked Chryse.

"Dunno, she doesn't like to talk about her past." said Rae, shaking her head.

"Now, let's talk about this nanite business. Rae? Are you sure that was good idea?" asked Chryse.

*back in #7's room*

The other IQ's worked feverishly with their new tool. A quick programming update, a quick injection into the most damaged parts of #7's body and they sat back and waited. The magnets stayed, they knew that the nanites wouldn't mind the magnetic field and 7 needed the relief they gave from the pain. They ate a bit of the pizza Sunny had brought while #2 went out to get virgin margueritas... none of them wanted to dull their minds or their senses as they waited for 7 to awake.
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Hmmm

Postby Kayde on Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:27 am

Kay pondered, sipping the coffee. She made a face. Too strong. She passed it on to Ragnar, and then got a cup of tea. Ahh...Much better.
But, she was still not sure what was happening to the IQ's.
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby IQ120 on Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:42 am

****** some time later ******

#5 walked into the kitchen whistling the tune from the pink panther. He open a hidden compartment behind the fridge and pulled out a bottle of champagne. #5 then began to head back towards the hallway....

"Hey #5, stand right there... we need you for target practice..." an IQ shouted from down the hall.

"WHAT??" asked #5

"GO, GO, Gadget grappling hook!!!!!" a rocket powered hand opened the door to the kitchen, grabbed the bottle of champagne and flew back down the hall....

"I think you guys still have some kinks to work out" said #5 as he headed back out of the kitchen.
IQ120
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby JilaCosa on Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:32 pm

Jila shook from her head to her toes. Worse than anything she'd ever experience before.

"Jila!" Ragnar shouted, catching Jila before she shook herself off the chair and onto the floor. He pulled her over to himself "Rae, what the...??"

"It's okay Rag." Rae hurried around the table and pulled Jila around to face her. "Breathe Jila. Tell me what you're feeling."

Jila pulled in a ragged breath and tried to think. "Something wrong.... Desperately wrong..." Jila slumped but still talked. "Seven isn't sure he likes it... May reject implants. So confused."

"Pull back Jila." Rae shook Jila hard.

"Rae!" kay cried out as she watch Rae shake Jila till her head rolled.

"Easy Rae." Chryse hugged kay who was close to tears at Rae's behavior.

"She's got to break the connection with Seven." Rae slapped Jila hard across her right check leaving a deep red hand print.

"Enough Rae." Ragnar growled as he tried to turn Jila away from Rae.

"Don't you think this hurts me too?" Rae yelled at no one in particular while she slapped Jila across the other cheek. "She's got to seperate now or she never will! What I taught her should never have let her do this."

Rae's next slap was block when Jila raised her hand at almost the last moment.

"I'm.. all right.. now." Jila's voice was soft. Almost non-existant. "I'm sorry Rae." A tear trickled down Jila's cheek. "I tried. So much pain."
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Next

Return to Scooby Adventures