Calling all Scoobs!

Scooby Scapers chat

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Emeraldcity

Postby Drumheller V2.0 on Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:41 pm

Wow! Well first off....

((((((((((((((((((((Scoobs))))))))))))))))))))

Things have certainly changed. RL Rag is married! To RL artickat! :shock: Wow I had no idea! Kadye and Jilla, sis-in-laws! Grak had a little one! That's fantastic! You guys have kept busy it seems. :D (Wow, that's a lot of !!!'s lol)

Jilla, of course I'm a master mage now! Was there ever any doubt it would happen! :wink: Years of secluded study do wonders for the magic skills.

As for RL Drum: Well I got to play fantasy style ranger in the Gate of the Arctic National Park in Alaska for a couple of years! Fantabulous scenery, but unfortunately no internet (or even cable TV)! I'm back in Cincinnati now. I'm able to get online only at work, but I'm back! I'll be back online at home next week! Yea!

I really missed you guys! I promise not to disappear like that again! :oops:
Drumheller V2.0
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby JilaCosa on Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:55 am

You're right. I would have expected nothing less. :D Perhaps you can help me with my studies. With Rae gone much of the time, and not much going on around here, I don't get a lot of practice.

It sounds like you had a grand adventure in RL. Did you get to take any pictures? If you don't mind us asking, what made you move to Alaska??
Still diagonally parked in a parallel universe
The FarScapeScoobyGang
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Drumheller V2.0 on Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:32 pm

I don't mind at all. I was visiting my uncle, who is in the Army and stationed in Alaska. While I was there, just for fun, I checked into working for the National Park. Guess what? They offered me a job! :shock:
I couldn't pass it up. It wasn't the best paying job in the world, but they provided housing. Mostly I played guide for people through the forest. A couple of times I helped in tracking down lost hikers. Getting chased by a bear was kind of interesting! :P

It was definitely an experience I'll never forget and wouldn't trade for anything in the world, but I'm glad to be back home though. I do have some pics, and as soon as I get my home pc online I'll send them to anyone who's interested.

Btw, I realize that it sounded kind of flighty of me. It all happened so fast, I had the job before I really thought it through. :oops:

And Jilla, I'd be more than happy to fill in for Rae. Nothing would please me more than to help you show off some new found power next time Rae stops by. :wink:
Drumheller V2.0
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby JilaCosa on Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:18 am

Looks like everybody left again. So what do we talk about now?
The FarScapeScoobyGang
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Drumheller V2.0 on Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:59 pm

I'm flexible. I've got nothing but time, all day every day, here at work. :wink:

How life in the real world for you? Any big plans for the Summer?
Listen! Do you smell something? -Ray Stantz (Ghostbusters)
Drumheller V2.0
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby JilaCosa on Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:47 pm

No big plans for my summer. Hubby just started a job so he won't get a vacation this year. I really wanted to go south again to visit Scoobs but that's not going to happen for a while now. Gotta go. My ride's here. Reality Land bites. Work, work, work.
The FarScapeScoobyGang
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Drumheller V2.0 on Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:59 pm

Yup, it sure does bite hard! I don't have any plans for the summer either. Work and sleep, I think that's about it. :)

I think I might try to take a few days off to visit some friends in Alaska in the Fall though. That should be fun.

Guess I should get to work too. Have a good day Jila! :D
Drumheller V2.0
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby KaraS on Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:44 pm

I can tell you guys about last weekend if you like. Aileen and I went to the museum!

We had planned a Sunday watching movies at Aileen's place, but checking the American Museum Of Natural History site (www.amnh.org) I saw that

A ) there is an exhibit about mythological creatures, including unicorns

B ) last Sunday there was a festival associated with said exhibit.

So I suggested it to Aileen and she was enthusiastic about the idea. So she packed up Matthew and her boys and they picked me up on the way.

The exhibit was indeed interesting (if a little crowded). They showcased mythological critters from all around the world.

The festival activities included a Chinese Dragon Dance (quite interesting) and an exerpt from a Chinese opera (very cute). Also, in the room with the lifesize blue whale there were various activities for young children including the chance to talk to a real live woman in a mermaid costume! Wow!

Matthew and I showed some of our favorite exhibits to Bryson and Corwin who had never been to the AMoNH before. They were quite awed by the section of a 2000 year old redwood tree.

We couldn't cover the entire museum of course. That would take a week or more.

The mythological critters exhibit will be there till Jan 6, if anybody is interested in going to NYC and seeing it. It really is the kind of thing all of us would like.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Drumheller V2.0 on Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:57 pm

That sounds really cool! I wish they would do something like that here in Cincy. Last time I went to the museum was the Tower of London exibit. There was a sword that looked like it would take four people to hold! :lol: Some really cool armor too.

Hmm, now I'm thinking I need to take a little trip to NYC! It would be pretty cool to check it out. I'll have to see how things go with work.

Speaking of work, I think I better do some! :lol:

Talk to you all later.
Drumheller V2.0
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby KaraS on Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:40 pm

If you're going to end up in NYC let me know. I'd love to meet you in person and I'm sure Aileen would too.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby JilaCosa on Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:11 am

Me Too! Me Too!!
The FarScapeScoobyGang
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Postby chryse on Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:07 am

Kara speaks the truth!
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby KaraS on Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:05 pm

Oooh Jila, you'd come down from Maine to partake in this (hypothetical) party? WAY cool!
KaraS

KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Drumheller V2.0 on Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:24 pm

If I can swing it, I'll be sure to let everyone know. It'll probably be a few months if at all, but I'm sure gonna try to make it happen. :D
Drumheller V2.0
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby JilaCosa on Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:12 am

[quote="KaraS"]Oooh Jila, you'd come down from Maine to partake in this (hypothetical) party? WAY cool![/quote]

Well, Vermont, but Yes, I would! To see you and Chryse again, and Finally meet Drum, and see a really cool exhibit at a museum? You bet I would! \:D/

What month are we shootin' for?
The FarScapeScoobyGang
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

PreviousNext

Return to Scooby Chat