Ah...that wonderful time of the year

Scooby Scapers chat

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Emeraldcity

Ah...that wonderful time of the year

Postby RagnarRB on Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:37 pm

Ragnar peeked his nose into the Scoobs new main warren and looked cautiously to the left and then the right. Sandworm, finding his advance blocked, simply stepped around his big friend and cheerfully marched into the room.

"We're back!"

Ragnar scurried after him in alarm. "Not so loud!"

Sandworm turned. "Why, don't you want the ladies to join us?"

"Of course, but not yet."

Sandworm just looked at him. Not exaxctly understanding. Anyway he was willing to play along. "This is all going to make sense at some point isn't it?"

As if there was any doubt?

"Hey, someone give me a hand here...." It was muffled but Emram managed to get the words out in between trying not to trip under his burden and yet balance all the packages."

Ragnar moved to take the top one off before it fell.

"How come I get to carry all these things anyway?"

"Short straw." Ragnar reminded him.

Sandworm lent a hand as well. "What is all this stuff anyway?"

"Christmas decorations...careful with that one!" a quick save was in order. "At least all the ones i could save from last year anyway."

Emram straightened, now relieved of his load. "Don't we need a tree for all this stuff?"

"Right here." Ragnar replied holding up a small pot with a excellently shaped spruce, even if it was a bare foot tall.

The other two just looked at him, each other, then him again.

"A little small don't you think?"

"That's what this is for." He held up a small bottle.

"And that is?"

"A little this, a little that. Mostly it Mr. Lee's plant growth mixture, some of 6thy's growing powder and a swig of Punch o doom all mixed together."

The guys looked kind of dubious.

"Anyway, where do you think we should put it? In here or maybe in front of the fireplace down in the cellar in Emram's hole?"
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Sandworm on Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:08 am

"How about in this room so everyone sees it when they get in?" suggested Sandworm, grabbing a few more boxes off Emram, and opening them to look. Inside he saw...?
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Emram on Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:53 pm

Emram looked at Ragnar, while Sandworm investigated the contents of the boxes.

"Did I hear the words "Growth Formula?" he asked.

"Mixture, actually," his viking friend corrected him.

"Whatever. My point is, is that this is us, Rag!" Emram threw his arms up, and walked across the room. Reaching the far wall, he turned, an exasperated look on his face. "You know perfectly, well, my friend, that if you open that, it's going to splash all over one of us, and then ludicrous, over-sized adventures will ensue. We get into enough trouble all by ourselves!"

Ragnar waved away his friend's objections, picking up the vial, and gripping the top in one hand. "You worry too much," he said, twisting the cork, easing it gently from the bottle. "I will, however, make sure that I'm careful..."
"Emram's Taxidermy, you snuff 'em, we stuff 'em!"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Inside he saw...

Postby KaraS on Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:05 pm

Inside he saw decorations, traditional Earth Christmas decorations and some very odd alien ones.

Kara, who had been kneeling behind the bar cleaning up some spilled liquid, stood up.

"Guys! I'd wondered where you'd gotten to. Is that the Christmas stuff?"

Ragnar started up and looked guilty. "I'd wanted to get this stuff up before you girls saw it."

"I'll tell you what." Kara said. "I'll be busy over here making hot chocolate and egg nog while you guys decorate so I'll still be suprised when you're done."
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby RagnarRB on Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:50 pm

Ragnar pursed his lips...oh well, it wasn't like he could resist the ol' Kara charm anyway.

Emram had come up beside him. "Maybe you should let me do that." He said reaching for the open bottle. "You know you can get all thumbs some days."
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Sandworm on Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:34 am

"Hey, people, these are kinda nice, actually," said Sandworm, holding up a particularly strange decoration. "Kinda remind me of home."
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Rae brought some

Postby KaraS on Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:51 pm

"Rae brought some of those decorations, who knows what planet or dimension they came from." Kara said, abandoning her coaco fixing to come look in the bag with Sandworm.

Sandworm held up a strange one, that pulsed and changed shape. "What's this?"

"A tesseract." Kara explained. "That one's only partly in this dimension."

"What about this one?" Sandworm asked handling a water sleigh pulled by dolphin-like creatures with antlers.

"Tick Tick brought that one, it's Santa and his sleigh on the planet Aquara."

"And this one?" Sandworm asked holding up a crystal snowflake.

Kara realized that to someone from a waterless desert, a snowflake must be very exotic. "We got that one up at the North Pole, my first Scooby adventure. Remember that Rag? When you and the other guys got charmed by the demon Mrs Claus?"

"I remember." Ragnar said, turning bright pink. "She drugged us with the hot chocolate."

"Oh, the coaco!" Kara said and rushed back behind the bar to save it from burning.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Sandworm on Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:54 am

"Well, Arrakis does have polar ice caps. Just. I do know what ice looks like, but I had never seen a snowflake before just now," said Sandworm.
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Chryse walked by

Postby chryse on Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:12 am

the Ballroom. She was humming Sleigh Ride to herself. It'd been stuck in her head for the past few days. Hearing some voices, she poked her head in and smiled.

"It's lovely! Great job guys. Is that cocoa I smell?"
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Sandworm on Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:27 am

"Heya Chryse," said Sandworm, "We're decorating. Wanna give a hand?"
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Emram on Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:14 pm

"Sure," Chryse said, and came over to join the others.

Emram was gingerly pouring something over a tiny little tree. As Chryse watched, it grew to about three times it's size.

"What do you think, Rag?" he said. "Triple in size another 3 times? That should do it."

"Sounds about right to me," Rag said. The tree continued to grow, until it was almost exactly the same height as the room.

"Perfect," Rag said. "Just enough space for something to go on top."

Emram grabbed the huge string of lights, and looped them over one shoulder, and then attached a long coil of tinsel and hooked them to his belt. He began to climb the tree, working his way to the very top.

"Oh, bum," he said. He looked down. "Rag, what did you want to go on the top of this?"

Ragnar held up a fairy.

Sighing, Emram began to climb back down the tree.

"Why don't you sort the lights and tinsel out first?" Chryse shouted up.

"Because it'll be really hard to climb back up with this lot in the way," he called back down.

Suddenly, Ragnar cried out, as the fairy came to life, and flew up to Emram, hovering in front of his astonished face.

"That should make it a little easier," a voice came from the back of the room.

"Nice one, Rae," Ragnar said.

"No problem."

Emram placed the now inanimate fairy on the top of the tree, and negant o work his way down and around, paying out lights and tinsel as he went, under the direction of Chryse, who circled the base of the tree, making sure everything looked even. Every so often, Ragnar would heave a decoration up, ehich Emram would deftly catch, and hang on a branch.

One of the baubles, however, came up slightly off-course, and Emramalso fumbled the catch.

"DUCK!" he shouted, and the Scoobs all dove for cover as the giant glass ball hit the floor and -

bounced.

"Sorry," Emram called down, with a slightly foolish, abashed grin on his face. He continued down the tree, although Ragnar prudently went and found a long pole, and passed the remaining decorations up.

When he reached the ground again, Emram stood back, Ragnar and Chryse to either side of him, and the three of them looked up at their handiwork.

"Now we just need to plug the lights in," Emram said.

"No problems there, Emram," Chryse replied. "These are no normal lights. These plug into a box of Magic Power (TM)."
"Emram's Taxidermy, you snuff 'em, we stuff 'em!"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Sandworm on Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:14 pm

"Hey, guys, you know that even if they are magic, if one goes out, they all go out, don't you?" said Sandworm. "It's like a law of christmas trees. Or are these self-replacing bulbs?"

He looked down at the box he was opening and smiled.

"Oh, and Guys... I bought your christmas presents already..."

He smiled to himself, feeling very glad he had got to know this exciting, if a little strange, group of people. He had felt acceptance straight away, and he hoped that he could repay the favour sometime. And he hoped they liked his christmas presents....

But then he had to stop thinking, because he realised everyone was heading for the box he was holding - people never grow up, do they? - so he quickly locked it in the cupboard and hid the key.
"Not till Christmas. Hey, Chryse, Emram, those decorations are great. Nice work. So, how bout some cocoa?"
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby RagnarRB on Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:59 pm

Ragnar made note of the puny little lock on the cabinet where Sandworm locked away the box and turning, tried to surpress a grin. He'd just tell Kitten there was something in there and he'd know what it was in no time! Locks were meaningless!
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Humming....

Postby Kayde on Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:58 am

Kay walked in, and asked the group by the cubboard,
"What are you all looking at?"

"Nothing", said Chryse, grinning. "But we are trying to. They are Christmas presents."
"
Cool!" Kay began, and then saw the tree. "Oh my!" she said smiling.
"The tree is up! I have to add my ornaments. She went over to the collection of boxes and found the box marked memories.

"What are those?" Sandworm asked her.

"These are just things I have collected over the years to help us remember different places and things that we have visited. "

"What about this one?" asked Emram, holding up a miniature dragon that looked almost comical dangling by a looped string.

"Ah, this was a gate keeper in one of our adventures." Kay smiled hanging the little dragon on one of the branches, as Ragner reached in for the tiny longboat and placing it there as well. There were many other miniature models of things they had encountered. Chryse reached in and pulled out an ornament and giggled. Kay grinned as Chryse hung it in the front of the tree. Even Sandworm and Emram hooted at that one.

"What is it?" Kara asked putting the last cup of chocolate on the counter and coming to see. It was a miniature girl that looked a lot like Kara in a pink frilly dress.

"Oh, ha ha..." Kara said, grimacing but then chuckled and said, "Hot chocolate all the way around."
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Sandworm on Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:14 am

"Thanks," said Sandworm, "this is great, Kara. I'll see y'all later. I got some present wrapping to do... a couple of minutes, ok?"

He moved off, grabbed the plastic bag, ran upstairs, and less that 1 minute later he was back down, carrying a large pile of wrapped presents.

"Wrapping at super-speed can be a bit sloppy - my brain is only partially adjusted..." :) "So don't touch until christmas."
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Next

Return to Scooby Chat