Wearing my finest doorman's suit....

Scooby Scapers chat

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Emeraldcity

Postby RagnarRB on Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:14 am

"One's awake!"

The cry rang out as soon as Sandworm sat up. The slaver band was a well trained crew. Without reguard to obviously awake or asleep they began zapping the prisoners with stun rods and additional shots of knockout surim. Several converged on the still bound Sandworm.

Ragnar bounded thru the jungle, well as much as anyone could anyway, and wondered yet again. 'How did I let them talk me into this?'

The old man had said slavers. Not all that uncommon a thing. He just hoped it wasn't another piece of his past. He remembered well how the others had reacted, especially Rae, when they'd found out he had more than a passing familiarty with another band of slavers in past adventures.

It was one of those days.
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Mousey on Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:49 am

Mousey came to wrapped around a pole. She kept her eyes closed and kept still, after hearing the commotion with Sandworm. Not being magical, Mouse had always relied on knowing how to use either a blade or a gun to keep herself out of trouble. The fact wasn't advertised, but some of the Scoobs may have remembered from a certain trip to Mexico. However, she knew more from *not* feeling it's presence that her blade was gone.

Frell.

This was NOT good. Mouse was a good enough actress to get through some difficult scenes with the Scoobs, but a real trickle of fear creeped in and set up shop in Mousey's head. She willed herself to relax, remain still and opened her eyes just a slit.
Mousey
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby Emram on Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:10 pm

Emram figured that now was as good a time as any to cut his bonds. He did so, and leapt up, brandishing his small knife.

A slaver stood before him, and laughed when he saw the knife.

"What exactly are you going to do with that, slave?" he spat, spinning his stun baton in his hands.

A few moments later, the slaver was curled on the floor, gurgling. Emram looked down at him.

"In my hands," he said, "a toothbrush would be a deadly weapon." He charged toward a couple more of the slavers, who were slowly runnig towards him.

At that moment, Rganar burst through the bushes, into the clearing, bellowing a Nordic war-cry.

(How did he get there so fast, children? That's the miracle of a story.)

Once the viking had joined the fray, Emram passed his knife to Mousey.

"Free the others," he said, and then leapt into the fight again with a cry of joy. Once he got near the slavers's packs, he grabbed his sword, and not long after that, the slavers all decided that they had really important things to do elsewhere.
"Emram's Taxidermy, you snuff 'em, we stuff 'em!"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Gulp

Postby Kayde on Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:06 am

Kay waited impatiently for Mouse to cut her ties. But Ragnar and Emram came awfull close to where she was bound to the pole. And their captors were waiving around those guns. The other side of her watched the battle with fascination. Finally, as the captors fled, Mouse got to her she was free.

Ragnar, sprinkled some of the same magic dust on the Scoobs that the medicine man had blown on him. They seemed to be all back to normal. But they weren't in a normal situation, that was for sure. They weren't even in a normal jungle. When they looked around them, they were surrounded by giant plants. and vines and trees. Why was everything so large?
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby chryse on Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:10 am

Chryse rubbed her wrists, those bindings had cut into her a little. Looking around, she shook her head slowly. "This is not good. Where the heck are we now?" she asked.

"I don't know," said Kay, looking a little confused. "What was that powder Ragnar?" she asked.

He gave a quick rundown with his encounter with the old shaman.

"I think we'd better find this guy," said Rae.

"Yeah, we should at least thank him," said Mouse.

"He probably also knows a thing or two that we shoulr probably know as well." said Emram.
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Sandworm on Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:55 am

"Why is everything so large around here?" asked Sandworm, "I mean, the jungle was normal size a moment ago, and now... I just don't get this, It's not logical. Why can't it be logical? Why is life so illogical here? It's driving me insane. and I'm a magic user. Oh, my head hurts."

He collapsed onto the floor in a very small ball.
He listened and he heard the others shouting at each other.
Then he realised that something else was wrong.

"was it a side effect from the powder?" he wondered. He couldn't think, though, his head hurt too much.

the situation was not getting better.
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby RagnarRB on Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:57 pm

The ghostly figure of Nelson stood at the entryway to the Gateroom and observed.

The bodies of all the scoobs lay scattered on the floor in the same positions they had earlier fallen. He knew what chaos was in their minds, he knew what they were experiences, what they were envisioning, he also knew that none of it was real. They had never left the Gateroom.

He HAD warned them.

They HADN'T listened...but then so few did.

The 'GateKeeper' watched him in return.

Yes, the 'Gatekeeper' was real, but he was also a construct, one older than imagined, one created for a near singular purpose....defense and operation of the gate room.

But what he wasn't created for was 'control' of the gateroom. That fell to another.

"You can releace them now." Nelson's voice was eerie but calm.

The Gatekeeper frowned. It was years since he'd had any new toys to play with, perhaps it was why he related so well to the little fourlegged furball he had exempted for the experience he inflicted on the others. "Must I?"

"Yes." Nelson was careful not to enter the room, without the gatekeepers effects were nil, within even he could be challenged.

The gatekeeper sighed. He may be a construct but he was fully self aware. What he had done was a defense set out eons before, it was what he was created to do, yet that awareness still longed for more. He looked at Nelson at the door and also knew that no longing of his was greater than the embodiment Nelson represented. That he could not challenge.

He scratched Kitten some more, and sighed again.

"So be it."

He waved a hand.

The world the scoobs had been in vanished for them. The chaoticness, the uncertainty faded. That lost feeling about what to do next, gone. They retuned to where they had been.

They were again in the gateroom.
Last edited by RagnarRB on Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Not even a pause

Postby Kayde on Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:54 am

Not even a pause seemed to come between Sandworm curling into a knot, and all of a sudden jumping back up as Ragnar looked around with confidence. "This is the way we should go." He boomed and the others followed him quickly, as if they knew all along this was where they were going.
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby JilaCosa on Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:04 pm

It took only a moment for the Scoobs start waking from their trance.

"What the...?"
"What are we doing here?"
"We didn't die did we?"
"I don't remember dying."

"I Am Not Impressed." a very angry male voice growled. Ragnar of course. If there was one thing in the world that just pi$$ed him off it was being lied to by entities that felt they were being beneficial.

"Neither am I." Rae and Cyane said as they stood up slowly. Both were reaching for weapons that weren't available.

"YOU!" Sunny growled at the ghostly butler, the venom dripping from her voice. "I had the feeling you'd have something to do with this mess."

The butler sighed. He had warned them after all.

"YE-Ouch!" Jila tried a spell to bring the ghost butler closer but all she got was a kind of electronic back zap for her efforts.

"Sorry miss." The GateKeeper shrugged. "but you should have remembered that no magic works in this room but mine." Kitten purred loudly as the GateKeeper scritched her ears.

"Okay, so what are you going to do with us now?" Rae asked as she absentmindedly scratched the underside of her arm. And yes, the small throwing blade was still hidden in the slit there. It was amazing the pockets that Rae had sewn into her everyday clothes to hide weapons in. Rae without some kind of weapon on her? Not a chance.

"That remains to be seen."
Still diagonally parked in a parallel universe
The FarScapeScoobyGang
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Postby RagnarRB on Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:42 pm

Nelson tilted his ghostly head and eyed the gatekeeper harshly. The gatekeeper for his part cleared his throat and rethought his earlier statement. "Well...I suppose no harm was done." Grudgingly.

Nelson turned to the others. "Your belongings are safely in the wine cellar...as you should be."This time his eyes narrowed in their direction, sort of an aloof elder admonishing children. "My warnings are not without reason."

"Um... what just happened?" Kay asked.

"Magic." Rae replied. "A defense right?"

Nelson nodded.

Ragnar groaned. He hated when that happened.

"Many attemp to travel the gates here. Few are worthy." This from the gatekeeper."

"And you define worthyness how?" Ragnar shot a question.

Nelson glared a little then turned and waffed back down the corridor. "What?" Ragnars voice echoed in his wake.

Emram elbowed the viking. "For the record Rag, bad idea to taunt the man when you just got caught misbehaving."
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Sandworm on Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:57 pm

"Hey, who says we're not worthy? we didn't give up. We kept trying. how much more worthy do you have to be than that? And you put us through all that - the ragnar and the personality changes and... Kara's clothes." They all hid a smile.
"So I reckon we're worthy. Let us through, then."
and with that, he pushed passed Nelson towards the gates.

bad idea?
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby RagnarRB on Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:42 am

Ragnar laid a gentle hand on Sandworm's shoulder to stop his advance.

"Ummm...Nelson went that way..."Indicating back down the hall towards the wine cellar. "I'm sure we'll be able to travel thru a gate if need be but personally i found the last episode very confusing and directionless. Are you sure you want to jump right back into that again?"

"Your friend is right." The Gatekeeper injected. "You fell into the spell because you had no direction. The gates do work but you need a particular destination in mind before using one. Otherwise..." He just shrugged.

Ragnar lookjed at Sandworm again. "And I'd really like to retrieve my gear from the wineroom before venturing forth again."

Jila leaned closer to Rae."Does that mean he wants a drink?"

Such nievitae.
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Sandworm on Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:02 am

"Well, I'd quite like to visit home..." said Sandworm. "Sun, Sand and no sea at all - Arrakis, the desert world, probably my favorite place in the universe."
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Sand?

Postby Kayde on Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:41 am

"Hmmm.... I wouldn't mind seeing Sandworm's home. Kay said. And that is certainly a destination with direction. But, would we be welcome there Sandworm?"
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Sandworm on Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:54 pm

"Oh, yes, We'd love to have you...
I mean, I have no family, cos they all died out about 100 years ago - humans... so short lived - but I'm sure you'd be welcomed by my fremen friends." said Sandworm.

"either that or they'll try to take your water." he added. very quietly.
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

PreviousNext

Return to Scooby Chat