Wearing my finest doorman's suit....

Scooby Scapers chat

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Emeraldcity

Postby Sandworm on Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:31 am

"actually, I am wondering at the moment whether it would be easier just to kill Ragnar painlessley, cos he seems to be having even more trouble functioning here than me." suggested Sandworm. "He should just reappear with that wizard, right?"

(I have got the right forum this time, right? :))
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Emram on Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:27 pm

(Yes, you have!)

The SCoobs looked at each other.

"It seems a little drastic," Emram said. "He's not actually causing any problems so far - this might simply be part of the quest. Killing him definitely sounds a little over-the-top. Sandworm, are your emotions going haywire again? A touch of blood-thirsty-ness creeping in there, again." He paused, and then realised that he was actually thinking things through, which was not like him. "Uh-oh," he thought.

He looked around. A certain Scoobette was gazing into the distance, while swinging the hem of her dress, singing softly to herself - definitely odd behaviour. The whole personality-switch thing seemed to be starting again. What would that do to Ragnar's already twisted psyche?
"Emram's Taxidermy, you snuff 'em, we stuff 'em!"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Sandworm on Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:35 pm

(maybe the coward bit will get brave and the brave bit will get cowardly?)

"Well, I don't think I am being that bloodthirsty," said Sandworm, "just logical. We kill him painlessly and solve the problem."
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby RagnarRB on Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:50 pm

While the scoobs discussed the idea then neglected the fact that Ragnar could hear them.

So, they wanted to kill him did they? Even on his worst day he'd never thought that of them. We'll just see who gets who first.

He silently slipped off into the jungle....unobserved....
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby JilaCosa on Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:08 pm

"NOOOOOOOOOO!" Jila cried, literally. The tears streamed down her face. "You can't kill Ragnar! He's our friend! No matter what he's acting like now he'll be back to normal soon. I know he will."

"It's okay, honey." The second Jila said as she wrapped the first, and definitely smaller, Jila in her arms. "Emram and Sandworm would never do such a thing. They're Ragnar's friends too. Stop crying, it's okay." Jila 2 dug a tissue out of her pocket and wiped Jila 1's face. "Tell her that you'd never hurt Ragnar." Jila 2 had that look that Ragnar always dreaded; that 'mother' look.

"You're right,... Jila?" Emram looked at the two who looked so much alike but were so different than the Jila he had come to know. This can not be good "Ragnar is a good man. It's just a matter of finding out how to help him properly. Right Sandworm."

"uh, yeah, right Emram."

"You see sweetie? Ragnar won't be harmed." Jila 2 brushed Jila 1's hair back from her face. "A Knight's word is his life."

"Ragnar." Jila's voice purred from another direction. "hmmmmmmmmm." That Jila grinned. Not with evil intent, but also not in any way that Jila would have thought of Ragnar before. Jila 3 then realized there were other males in the group. She purred again. So much fun to be had here. This Jila moved with a cat's gracefulness around each of the male Scoobs. "Which one? Which one?"

"Frell" Sunny and Rae growled in unison. It couldn't be somebody else that this started with.

"That's enough." Rae grabbed Jila 3 by the arm.

"Whoa, that's weird." Kay shook her head quickly. That was something she hadn't thought she'd see in her friend.

"What's the matter Rae? Jealous?" Jila 3 chuckled at the small, feather-haired woman. "You won't try it so I can't?"

"uh oh" a small voice came from somewhere.

Rae sighed and counted to ten slowly. This wasn't the Jila she knew but slapping the mouth that belonged to the one she did know was out of the question. One quick pentac jab later and Jila 3's mouth shut on its own. Now the problem was going to be to get the three Jila's together better than Ragnar, but with less pain. Jila deserved that if nothing else.
Still diagonally parked in a parallel universe
The FarScapeScoobyGang
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Emram on Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:50 pm

Emram looked around.

"Where did Rag go?" he asked. "Kay? Did you see where he went?"

"No," Kay replied.

"No," Kay replied... again?

"Oh, great," Emram sighed. He sat down on the floor with a clatter of armour. "So, we have 3 Jilas, 2 Kays, and 3 Ragnars - although they, at least, are only in one body. Someone, please, tell me, what is going on? Why can't someone else deal with this?"

Rae sat down next to him.

"It's not like you to just give up," she said. "Your personality is changing again - traits that barely exist normally are coming to the fore. However, you aren't sprouting extra Emrams, like Jila, Kay and Rag. I wonder if there's any kind of correlation?"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby RagnarRB on Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:33 pm

Ragnar tried to plant the pointy stake into his boobytrap, honestly he did, but that pesky whimpy side kept spoiling the efforts. How was he supposed to get them first if a part of him kept interfearing?!

This was all a little out of hand.
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Kara looked around

Postby KaraS on Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:04 am

Kara stared off into space, absently twirling the hem of her frilly pink gown. She was zoning out again, this was not good. When she came back to herself she noticed that there were now 3 Jilas and 2 Kays. Two of the Jilas were in tears, hugging eachother and one was lying unconcious on the ground. The two Kays were arguing with eachother loudly.

Plot holes seemed to be spawning alternate Scoobs at a frightening rate.

Suddenly, Kara noticed something.

"Um guys? Where did Ragnar go?"

Everybody looked around. The big Viking was missing.

"Uh oh."
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Sandworm on Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:22 am

"at least I have not split yet, and actually, having these multiple versions of magic users might not be a bad idea. Since I would be completely useless to Jila 3, due to reasons that I won't discuss (if you REALLY want to know, read the last few pages of Children of Dune), you lot go look for rag with Jila 1 and 2. use magic to find him and stop him. I'll take Jila 3 and go some other way. Unless one of the other girls wants to come with me as well? Rae, maybe?"
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby RagnarRB on Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:33 pm

The wizened old man knelt in the jungle foliage and watched the armored figure struggle with himself.

It was intriguing.

No ,not the man's obvious insanity, if it was indeed a man, he'd seen that before, but it was the armor of little rings and the strange helmet he wore that puzzled him, and frightened him a little. He had heard tales of such men before, passed on to him by his father, much as it had been from his fathers, fathers, fathers, fathers before. He had just never seen it.

Then he had never seen much of what was happening in his home before. These were strange times.

Medicine men knew much of strange times.

In fear for his people he had prayed to the great statue and the great statue had spoken. It had promised to send strangers to aid his people....and the living statue had described what he saw before him.

Still he was hesitant. He had been told what he must do, but at what price? How could he trust what he saw? This stranger?

Yet he must. The great cat had spoken!

Carefully he crept foreward. The big metal man continued his struggle, both physically with himself and verbally in gutteral words and syllibles.

Closer....

Closer....

The medicine man reached into his herbal pouch and pinched the powdered contents within. Laying them carefully in the palm of one hand he waited for the metal man to turn and then blew the powder into his face.

Ragnar went ridgid. He dropped to the ground. What was once seperate began to become whole again.

The medicine man watched and waited. It was one thing his peaopl were very good at....waiting.
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby RagnarRB on Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:07 pm

Meanwhile back with the gang.

The assault was as quick as it was efficient. No one saw it begin and within a second or two no one saw it end.

The grizzled leader of the press gang surveyed his prize. As he did, his men moved between the unconscious scoobs injecting each with a heavy sedative to assure they were all asleep and not faking. No were missed, no one escaped.

Next each was searched, stripped of all their gear ,weapons, and equipment and stripped also of all excess clothing, armor, etc. until each was in a basic dress, hard to conceal anything. Your basic t-shirt and shorts attire if you will. Kara was left in her dress. Slaves fetched more that way.

One by one the unconscious scoobs were strapped to poles, much like recently caught game, hands and feet tied so they dangled benieth as teams of native porters hoisted the poles and marched off into the jungle, headed west.

To the east, the medicine man patiently waited for Ragnar to awaken.
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Head hanging

Postby Kayde on Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:00 am

Kay felt like she was being jostled, but she was asleep. Wasn't she? Something was wrong. She didn't feel good. She wanted to wake up, but was having trouble. She felt like her hands and feet were being held together. She tried to struggle to move and wake up, but only felt weak.

"What's going on?" The second Kayde thought, trying to leave Kays mind or body. "Hey! Wake up!" she tried to jostle Kay awake. "Come on! I need to get out of here!"
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Kara opened her eye

Postby KaraS on Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:06 pm

Kara opened her eye, just a slit.

She had been awakened by the pain in her wrists and ankles, and indeed, blood was trickling down her arms. She surveyed her situation without letting her captors know that she was awake.

She was tied to a pole by her ankles and wrists and was being carried through the jungle by mostly naked native types who were singing loudly in a foregin tounge. From what she could see, the other Scoobs were similarly tied up and were also being carried.

Where were they going?

When they came to a clearing, the natives put their captives down in a row and formed a circle to share out lunch.

With this respite, Kara wiggled her throbbing wrists and began to work on the knots...
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Emram on Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:52 pm

Emram came to as he hit the ground, but felt detached, emotionless, and regarded the impact impassively. He opened his eyes slightly, and surveyed the situation. Not good. Luckily he had an ace up his sleeve.

Emram was no magic user, but he was a Knight, and so had a natural affinity for magic. Among the manifestations of this was an ability to put his hands on some form of sharp blade at any moment, without having to go to the trouble of actually carrying one around, as long as he didn't have his sword. He gripped the small, but sharp, knife in his fist, and tucked it under the ropes around his wrist.

He noticed Kara looking at him, and winked.

Anyone else awake? he mouthed. A slight shrug was the reply. Emram decided to wait before cutting through his bonds. It would be easier at night, and also easier to escape their captors.

He settled back down, and closed his eyes. Under normal circumstances, he would be livid with impatience at the thought of having to wait, but whatever had put him to sleep somehow kept his emotions bottled up, and he regarded everyhting with a calm detatchment. He could wait.

Back in the clearing, Ragnar began to come to. He sat up, bleary-eyed, and looked around, seeing the medicine man. He took a breath.

"Your friends are about 5 hours walking distance in that direction," the medicine man said before he could speak. "They have been captured by slavers, and need rescuing."

Ragnar took another breath.

"I have completed the re-integraton of the parts of your psyche."

Ragnar took another breath.

"You're welcome." With that, the medicine man stood up, and walked away. Ragnar got to his feet, looked in the direction the man had pointed, and charged into the undergrowth to rescue the other Scoobs.

He could have used the path, but it was so much more dramatic that way.
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Sandworm on Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:40 pm

Sandworm just sayed asleep.
he was tired, so he lay on the nice dry ground, in a slight dip he had burrowed, and slept. Until he realised that in fact he should not be on dry ground. He was in a rainforest. He sat up and looked around...
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

PreviousNext

Return to Scooby Chat