New threads?

Let us know about anything (especially problems) to do with the site and forums.

Moderator: Dani Moure

New threads?

Postby Gaussian on Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:52 pm

Does it cost extra to have more "threads" in a forum? I was just wondering....because I noticed that you asked people to only post in certain threads......for example The Offical BSG thread......and not to create new ones. I did find it confusing because the first page was about the mini-series.....and not the new series. Is this a cost-cutting policy? Just wondering.
"With these wormholes anything is possible. Somewhere the Cubs are winning the World Series."

Farscape.....I miss the Mind-Frell!!!!!
Gaussian
Kalish Resistance

Postby Emram on Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:46 am

It's more to do with keeping down the number of threads and therefore make the site more easily navigable - if there are 5 BSG threads, then people will need to look through them all to find all of the information, and go through a lot of duplicated posts.

It also keeps the amount of information on the server to a minimum, which will ultimately make the site less expensive to maintain.

If you think there is a need for a seperate thread, simply PM Dani, Sunny or any of the admin or moderators, and they will let you know whether a new thread is a good idea.
"Emram's Taxidermy, you snuff 'em, we stuff 'em!"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Return to Site/Forum Suggestions, Help & Feedback