Member episode reviews

Let us know about anything (especially problems) to do with the site and forums.

Moderator: Dani Moure

Member episode reviews

Postby Metathron on Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:57 am

I have reviewed several episodes so far (Season 1, eps 1-6) but it doesn't appear that my reviews are "counted", if you take my meaning. For example, episode 5 has had no member reviews up till mine, but mine still doesn't show on the list.

What seems to be the problem? Do all reviews go through some sort of approval process so as to ensure there's no cussing and such in them?

Thanks in advance.
Metathron
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby SunKrux on Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:35 pm

I just checked eps 5 and your review is there. Please keep in mind that Dani the great and powerful webmaster has a job and a life outside of this site and updates as often as he can. Please have patience when you've posted/reviewed anything. :D
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby Metathron on Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:54 pm

Your link leads to the review of episode 6, not 5. You'll note however, that the average score is not correct - it ought to be 3.5 instead of 3. My review for episode 5 cannot be accessed (being the first one?).

Yes, I realize people have lives outside of bulletin boards. What I am wondering about is whether admins need to intervent, i.e. to perform some sort of site update, for the user reviews to appear, and to appear correctly.

Oh, and up till now, I thought Dani was a female! :o
Metathron
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby SunKrux on Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:24 pm

Metathron wrote:Your link leads to the review of episode 6, not 5. You'll note however, that the average score is not correct - it ought to be 3.5 instead of 3. My review for episode 5 cannot be accessed (being the first one?).

Yes, I realize people have lives outside of bulletin boards. What I am wondering about is whether admins need to intervent, i.e. to perform some sort of site update, for the user reviews to appear, and to appear correctly.

Oh, and up till now, I thought Dani was a female! :o

Maybe the reason it doesn't say 3.5 is the way Dani has the rating program set up. I honestly don't know. As for why eps 5 is not available, again, that's a Dani thing and you'll just have to be patient. He'll get to it when he gets a chance. Don't take it personally. ;)

As much as I'd like to help, I do not have that kind of power. Dani doesn't trust me or something like that. :lol:

Dani would be quite surprised if he were a female though. :lol: ;)
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby scapecadet on Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:46 pm

I also thought Dani was a female for a long time - something about the name.. it has a femal aura (perhaps due to Dani Mingue?)
(ducking now, in case of incoming shoes and similar :wink: ) :?

JC to Akhna: "It's a question of balls.. the ball is in his court!"

Claudia: Quit. Prompting.Me.Woman!? WOMAN!!??
scapecadet
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Dani Moure on Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:34 am

SunKrux wrote:Dani would be quite surprised if he were a female though. :lol: ;)

Yeah. But I'd like a couple of things. *cough* :D

As for the original poster, sorry for taking a while but your reviews are now on the site. As is stated on the submission page, all reviews are submitted for approval. Once approved they are place on the site. This is to filter out language and silly things, pam etc. I'm sure you can appreciate the security risk in allowing people to instantly post anything on the main site.

Anyways, yours are all approved now, so thanks for your submissions. :)

The average scores should be right according to the number of approved reviews though.
.dani//MOURE
Webmaster and anime maniac. Raelee Hill's biggest fan. David Kemper's biggest fan too.
Also webmaster/owner of Farscape World (duh!).
Dani Moure
Evil Overlord
Evil Overlord

Postby KaraS on Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:50 pm

scapecadet wrote:I also thought Dani was a female for a long time - something about the name.. it has a femal aura (perhaps due to Dani Mingue?)
(ducking now, in case of incoming shoes and similar :wink: ) :?

Well, in my experience, nicknames that end with an "I" would usually be female (Dani, Nikki, Andi etc) and nicknames that end with a "Y" would usually be male (Danny, Nicky, Andy etc).

But different people use different spellings so it's hardly a hard and fast rule.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Metathron on Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:13 am

Thanks for the feedback, Dani, and agreed!
Metathron
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Return to Site/Forum Suggestions, Help & Feedback