Scorpious should have died at the end of season 3

Talk about anything Farscape! Please direct specific discussions to their respective forums.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Scorpious should have died at the end of season 3

Postby JackBauer on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:43 am

What a pathetic waste of him in Season 4. And how the hell did he go from where he was in season 4 to commanding a carrier fleet in the peace keeper wars? What happened to contamination?
JackBauer
Delvian Pa'u

Re: Scorpious should have died at the end of season 3

Postby Firecracker on Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:25 am

JackBauer wrote:What a pathetic waste of him in Season 4. And how the hell did he go from where he was in season 4 to commanding a carrier fleet in the peace keeper wars? What happened to contamination?

Well he was commanding a Command Carrier in Season 3 - so being reinstated in his previous position is kinda a no-brainer.

Especially when you figure out that in Season 4 he was working undercover for the faction of High Command that wasn't supporting Grayza.

After Grayza's ignominious fall from grace ... and Scorpy's participation in the destruction of Katratzi...

Well like I said - its a no brainer. Only this time instead of taking Crais' Command Carrier, he take's Grayza's.
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby AERYNSUN on Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:35 am

If my memory serves me well, I remember in one of the episodes og season 4, maybe it was Incubator, in which Scorpius puts into his head the chip taken from Crhichton, where Scorpie explains his life to Crichton and tell him also that he joined the Peacekeepers without passing thorugh some kind of test that they have,

Whaat makes me more surprised, talking about demotes Comand Carrier's Commanders, how did Grayza was reinstated into service in Peacekeeper Wars? Did I lost something in the meantime?

I know this must belong to another thread but that was the same I wonderes when I saw Scorpius as a comander again.

My eyes were wide open when I saw her in a command Carrier. The same as Moya's Crew was surprised when they heard her name on the water planet during the war.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby JackBauer on Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:02 am

Well Grayza wasnt in command of the command carrier she was on, she was just.........there.
JackBauer
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Firecracker on Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:49 am

JackBauer wrote:Well Grayza wasnt in command of the command carrier she was on, she was just.........there.

No. Grayza was in command of the Command Carrier. That is why Braca had to relieve her of command.

Braca: Commandant Grayza; under Article 6-Rulu, Uniform Code of Admiralty Conduct, Section 19; due to a state of incapacitation of judgement displayed in multiple encounters - under stress - I hereby invoke the Transfer of Command and relieve you of duty immediately.

Grayza: OFFICER OF THE DECK! WEAPON! ZA! WOULD YOU BE SO KIND AS TO SHOOT THIS MUTINOUS CAPTAIN DEAD WHERE HE STANDS?

PKSergeant: Sorry Ma'am - Captain Braca has already relieved you of command.

I think that is pretty clear. Grayza was in command. Until that point of course. :)

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby JackBauer on Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:34 am

That was in the peacekeeper wars?

I was sure Grayza was just some pregnant bitch moaning and complaining about having to do the general's dishes.
JackBauer
Delvian Pa'u

Postby AERYNSUN on Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:02 am

Braca forced to transfer her command to him in season 4. She was very pregnant in PK Wars.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Firecracker on Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:39 pm

JackBauer wrote:That was in the peacekeeper wars?

That was in Season 4, We're So Screwed: La Bomba.

JackBauer wrote:I was sure Grayza was just some pregnant bitch moaning and complaining about having to do the general's dishes.

Grayza was pregnant in PK Wars - and she was a bitch. But she never moaned and complained about anything. And I don't ever remember her doing chores for anyone. In fact, after she murdered Grand Chancellor Marryk (because he was about to surrender the entire Peacekeeper race to extermination) she took over command of the Command Carrier and really stepped up to the plate.

Grayza: Don't let the belly fool you Lieutenant. You are aware of my status?
Lieutenant: Commandant.
Grayza: And within this battle group who outranks me?
Lieutenant: No one.
Grayza: ... Then set a course for Captain Braca's location.

And later when the Command Carrier finally gets to the Water Planet and Grayza is informed of the situation (i.e., multiple Scarran Dreadnaughts decimating the planet and the one damaged Command Carrier that was there).

Grayza: Do we have surprise?
Lieutenant: From all indications, no cannons swiveling to our vector.
Grayza: Have you isolated the Emperor's vessel?
Lieutenant: Not yet.
Grayza: Then target all craft equally. Shock wears off quickly Ladies and Gentlemen.

Just because a woman is pregnant is no reason to assume she is also useless. As Aeryn said to John: I'm pregnant, not incapacitated.

Grayza was always a dynamic character with power - she never sat around and moaned. She was prepared to lead a suicidal assault on Katratzi that would have meant (among other things) her death.

I did not like Grayza much - but I never underestimated her.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

to be fair

Postby Mreen on Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:05 pm

To be fair, in season4 pretty much all she did was sit around and moan, and make a few attempts to some of her plans in motion, all of which fell apart as quickly as she made them, and then she moaned and blamed whoever fell within her line of sight.

We know off screen (from the previously seen never before seen bits :) ) that she had done some successful stuff, such as take Scorpy prisoner and take over any projects of his that she liked, and discard any she saw no purpose in (she did go after John, briefly in the riveting What Was Lost story, and was partially interested in his wormhole weapons, once she was convinced that Scorpy was really after John for that reason...but she dropped the overall research as useless and continued her other plans to thwart the Scarrens) but she never had the onscreen success - when we saw her, she was always about to implement some plan that seemed wildly foolish to every other character, only Braca wasnt allowed to say so to her face.
Those plans he thought might succeed he took his part in, but of course Moya and company foiled the comparatively competent Braca as well as Grayza. (Braca only seemed to succeed in comparison of the failures of everyone around him <g> but he was somehow more likable, despite being a consummate peacekeeper (re:Nazi) representing all that was reprehensible in them as well as their favorite attributes.)-but anyway, not about Braca but Grayza-
When she finally fizzled out her falling star of a career at the end of season 4 and Braca grandly took charge of the ship (he was Captain after all, she was just commanding the ship thru him till then) it seemed that she was going to be spending her time in padded cells.

Peacekeeper Wars, tho, gave us a whole new Grayza, one who cleverly parlayed her enforced time back before the High Council to apparently seducing the leader of the entire Peacekeeper forces during her inquisition, and convincing him she was pregnant with his child. When the plans didnt go her way, and this time someone else was pushing for peace at a time when she thought that ridiculous defeatism (as Scorpy thought of her doomed plans in season 4 before she flipped out and was going to engage Scarrens from a hopeless position)- this Grayza once more was going to engage the Scarrens from a position that the best military mind (her lover) thought hopeless, but now she had considerably more firepower at her side.

She took control not just of the main ship of the Peacekeepers, but effectively took control of the whole armada and led them to war, leaving the person who would have inherited the leadership helplessly far behind- tho probably raging to catch up :twisted: -and I'm sure she parlayed her fearless action to put her back at the top of the food chain or it never would have been her signing the peace treaty at the end. The vice chancellor (or whatever his rank was) had been neatly end rounded, and is her subordinate now, waiting (presumably with a knife in his hand, ready for when her back is turned :wink: )

Scorpy's acceptance into the Peacekeepers in Incubator ...well, I doubt it was as jolly as he portrayed to John, with a Captain unusually eager to recruit a disgruntled half-breed into the forces. Wayne always said that Incubator wasnt exactly the entire truth..he's not sure how much of it was made up, but it was at least heavily colored to persuade John (actually he often has said he thinks the story was entire fabrication, but I think some of it must have been real) -my guess is that he blackmailed the Captain to accepting him. Whatever the truth - we know he's a valuable double agent that is pretending to be a spy for the Scarrens for the Emperor, and is really spying on the Scarrens by pretending to be a spy. He passes on to the Peacekeepers what he thinks they need to know to take down the Scarrens.. but frankly, since his only goal is destruction of Scarrens, I imagine their information is colored to fuel his goal as well.

Anyhow, with Braca portraying himself as rescuing Scorpius and putting dangerously mad commandants like Grayza in padded cells, little wonder that both their careers took off. Grayza isnt small minded enough to punish them directly in her new leap for power...but I doubt it was coincidence that they were sent on a mission to "spy on Scarrens" which Scorpy said was a little disguised effort to have him be the Scarrens first casualty
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby AERYNSUN on Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:28 pm

I love scorpius smile at the end of PK Wars when both parts are signing the peace treaty, nor Staleek not Grayza want to llok at him because they don't want to admit that he was right.

The only thing I like from Scorpius is how intelligent he is, patient, he know how to wait for the right opportunity to act, he knows always his chances.

Grayza is not so thoughtful, she is more impulsive. That is not to say that I don't hate Scorpius and Grayza. Of course.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby littlejamie on Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:54 am

In season four Braca and Scorpius were working together. As we know braca was his spy.

So when Braca retrieved him and Sikozu in "Bad Timing" Scorpius got the leadership role back.

It was a no brainer with Braca now being Captain. Along with Scorpy's qualifications with being in command before.
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby Chi_fi_Eagle on Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:36 am

Scorpius was treated very strangly in season 4, however he still was necessary.
"No Dream is guaranteed...the grace of age is we learn to accept." Gigi Edgley/Chiana admirer
Chi_fi_Eagle
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby littlejamie on Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:22 pm

He definately was treated strangly. Along with the fact that he played a major role in the J/A relationship.

Even with the help of Braca he played a major role with the Scarrens getting Aeryn. Along with helping John and the others getting her back.
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby AERYNSUN on Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:29 pm

Remember what was the price that John had to pay to Scorpius to get Aeryn back.

if John hadn't made that oth of blood to give him wormhole tch to him in exchange to have Aeryn back. That wasn'¡t a selfless help.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

"Thank you, John..."

Postby bwilli18 on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:27 pm

Scorpy was very important to the plot as the previous posts mention. Beyond that his inclusion in the Moya crew in Season 4 provided much needed comic relief to the pathos of the season (I loved the pathos, btw). He played off John perfectly. His line when he realized John had set him up by giving him an unloaded weapon in "I Shrink Therefore I Am" was quite possibly the funniest moment of Farscape.
bwilli18
Luxan Warrior

Next

Return to General Farscape