CHANGES IN SIGNING UP

Talk about anything Farscape! Please direct specific discussions to their respective forums.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

CHANGES IN SIGNING UP

Postby SunKrux on Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:23 pm

In order to keep the spammers at bay - boy have they gotten out of hand or what? - We've decided to change the policy of letting people sign up without being approved. Sadly due to the GINORMOUS amounts of spammers lately, we've closed the doors and you'll now need the password to be let in.

What does this mean? It means that if you have any friends you'd like to join this fabulous place, please let them know they'll have to be approved and if their handle/ip address or anything else looks suspicous, they might not get approved. If they REALLY want in they'll need to ask one of our current members to vouch for them. You'll just have to send us an email with that person's name/handle and vouch that they will NOT spam the board.

I hope everyone realizes that we're doing this to PROTECT you from the spammers. As always we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Btw - it is again safe to post images since we've closed the doors on spammers now. Just remember, please keep those images PG as we do have kids and people who might be offended by anything too graphic.

As always, if you have any problems with this new policy, please, EMAIL or PM the mods/admin and we'll discuss it. :D
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby AERYNSUN on Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:37 pm

Thank youv ery much for the ibnformation SunKrux. That's a good way of keeping spammer away, because they've even used existent post to spread their spam.

I hope this works. Nice job!!
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Firecracker on Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:11 am

Thanks Sunkrux. Lots of work for you guys, but such a relief for us. :)

You guys deserve a round of applause!
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby chryse on Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:22 am

It's less work this way, believe it or not. More fun too. :lol:
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to General Farscape