peacekeeper alphabet

Talk about anything Farscape! Please direct specific discussions to their respective forums.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

peacekeeper alphabet

Postby auburnscaper on Thu Jul 11, 2002 9:21 pm

I heard somewhere that fans have cracked the peacekeeper alphabet and or written language if this true and if do does anybody know where to find the information. Just curious
auburnscaper
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

RE: peacekeeper alphabet

Postby Durka35 on Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:07 pm

you don't by any chance speak Klingon do you? j/k
Durka35
Hynerian Dominar

Postby brhg_claudia on Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:17 am

Unless you're as talented as Claudia and can make a clicking sound while talking backwards, does it matter? ;) LOL. But I haven't heard anything.
brhg_claudia
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby Cattivo on Fri Jul 12, 2002 6:27 am

If someone actually has the time and devotion to crack the language, I feel deeply, deeply sorry for them.
Cattivo
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Buckwheat on Fri Jul 12, 2002 12:26 pm

Are you looking for the font?

Cheers,

Buckwheat
Buckwheat
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Durka35 on Fri Jul 12, 2002 6:02 pm

you could spend that time and actually learn a real language...
Durka35
Hynerian Dominar

Postby TINemo on Sun Jul 14, 2002 3:30 am

Don't let them get you down. I haven't tried the alphabet, but I copied the supposed numbers from the DVD/VHS boxes and eleven actually is two ones! Ha! They show so little of the script(notice that in season four the cast's names appear in Sebacean and morph into English) that unless you have the desire and the ability to pause and save for study, it won't be very soon.

I have been hoping for over a year now for a floor plan/ schematic of what is where on Moya--where is the galley in relation to the crew quarters.pilot's den,the maintenance hangar, the medical facility, etc etc. Howe many tiers? How do you get from tier seven to tier eight(no steps, no lifts, no ramps???) Of course I know only about 60 feet of branching corridors exist in OZ, so it doesn't matter. Someone said a game board would be out by last Dec, but no such luck.

When you have more time than money, it can be fun to spend some of that excess time on something not really constructive--like Farscape and forums. Scape on

TINemo
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Spoken, no. Written, ...

Postby Mary Wood on Fri Jul 19, 2002 7:48 am

I believe we've only heard Sebacean spoken once; by Claudia in "A Human Reaction." And very briefly at that. It still amazes me every time I hear it. Most assumed it was her voice played backwards or digitally enhanced. But no, that's just her. She's done it a few times on command at conventions.

Written; I can't find it now, but I'm positive that I read somewhere that the exotic print which decorates Virginia Hey's [link:www.virginia-hey.com|website] is the made-up Sebacean language. I'm unaware though that anyone has actually put the alphabet together, or otherwise started to derrive an actual language other than the numbering on the DVD covers.

- Mary Wood
Assistant Webmaster and Dani's biggest fan.

"I could be Agent M..."
(MIB2)
Mary Wood
Forum Admin

RE: Spoken, no. Written, ...

Postby auburnscaper on Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:51 pm

Thanks Mary. I have seen the episode where Claudia Black does the spoken language and heard that it was the only time spoken. But I knew I had read somewhere about the alphabet, it may of been a interview or quote from Virginia Hey.
auburnscaper
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Evolution on Fri Jul 19, 2002 5:34 pm

K'Plah!
Evolution
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Return to General Farscape