BBC 3 to repeat the whole of Farscape

Talk about anything Farscape! Please direct specific discussions to their respective forums.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

BBC 3 to repeat the whole of Farscape

Postby ddscott on Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:03 pm

Alright everyone;

Great news i heard that BBC3 is set to repeat all farscape series. WOW it starts on Monday 7th feburary, at 12.10 am tho.

danny
ddscott
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Re: BBC 3 to repeat the whole of Farscape

Postby BritAngie on Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:17 pm

ddscott wrote:Alright everyone;

Great news i heard that BBC3 is set to repeat all farscape series. WOW it starts on Monday 7th feburary, at 12.10 am tho.

danny

Yey! means I can dvd record them for a recently converted friend!!
BritAngie
Chocoholic Underling
Chocoholic Underling

Postby SCORPIUS on Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:14 pm

why they put it on at that time for?! id be able to watch it if it was on a bit earlier, around about the same time pk wars was on skyone - 9:00pm would be better
I WOZ ERE
ERE I WOZ
WOZ I ERE
YES I WOZ
SCORPIUS
Delvian Pa'u

BBC 3 Repeats

Postby scaperbrit on Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:27 pm

Thank you for that great news =D> :lol:
At the moment I am watching the repeats of season 3 on UK Sci-fI channel. They are shown at 10am and repeated at 4pm if anyone is interested.(first season three ep was shown today)
scaperbrit
Luxan Warrior

Postby Sandworm on Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:40 am

can I get a hell YEAH???!!!
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby phily_rules on Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:18 am

HELL YEAH! (there you go!)

that really cool, i'll have to look out for the season 3 eps i haven;t got, when they are on!

go beeb!
.... and you boogied like a minx on crack!
phily_rules
Luxan Warrior

Postby Sandworm on Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:57 am

I'll be recording from DNA Mad Scientist onwards.
:)
Ed
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Emram on Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:22 pm

I will be able to see the two S1 eps I missed the first time around -cool!
"Emram's Taxidermy, you snuff 'em, we stuff 'em!"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby alisonR on Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:02 am

I must admit to be kind of disappointed at the time they chose to air the repeats and the fact that I've seen no pre advertising at all, on any channel. They just seem to be sneaking it back out there - I know it's handy for those of us who want to tape eps we missed out on but it's not exactly helpful in getting new viewers.
Some of my disappointment is probably my own fault as I didn't read the initial announcement on the web all the way through and see the air time - I just naturally presumed it would be mid evening and was already quietly hopeful that when I mentioned Farscape in conversation somebody round here would know what the hell I was talking about.
( Although I've just had cable tv and broadband installed and all 4 (yes 4) of the installation guys knew of Farscape - Cool. )
Now just hoping Sky repeat PK Wars now that I can actually watch Sky One (and BBC Three for that matter)

Off to watch 'Premier' now on TV even though I've got it on DVD, there's something more thrilling knowing other people are watching too - Like the amazing experience of watching an ep of Farscape (Crackers Don't Matter) at the con with not only hundreds of other people but two of the cast as well - RESULT! :D
alisonR
Delvian Pa'u

Postby lovingfarscape on Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:57 am

does any one know when the pkws will be on repeat. Im headin to the uk and my hotel has pay t.v. Can any one help???
thanks
this lavishly produced space adventure quickly established itself as the most irreverent, unpredictable, sexy, intelligent, and exciting sci-fi show on TV.Ben Browder and Claudia Black have incredible chemistry
lovingfarscape
Delvian Pa'u

Postby BritAngie on Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:22 am

lovingfarscape wrote:does any one know when the pkws will be on repeat. Im headin to the uk and my hotel has pay t.v. Can any one help???
thanks

Sadly not because the mini series wasn't shown on the BBC. It was shown on Sky one which is a cable channel. Not sure if they have it lined up for another set of repeats as yet. :(
BritAngie
Chocoholic Underling
Chocoholic Underling

Postby Pal on Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:14 pm

I did a quick search but didn't see this mentioned elsewhere on the forum. It's probably old news to the British viewers.

BBC3 has just started repeating the first season of Farscape again. However, this time it is in a much more respectable time slot. From now on it will be right after the repeat of the new series of Doctor Who every Sunday at 7:45pm.

Here is a link to the story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/news/cult/2005/03/22/18111.shtml

Good news.
Pal
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby alisonR on Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:22 pm

I was so chuffed when I tuned into BBC3 for the 'making of' Doctor Who on Saturday and my little digital guide thingy said Farscape next - Hopefully a whole bunch of people kept watching :-).
Also, they appeared to have changed the format for the presenters on Destination Three which, having sat through some real drivel at 1am, can only be for the good. Although last night they had a 'faux' Zhaan doing a rather bizarre lap dancing/strip thing - not entirely sure where they are coming from but they do seem to be taking Farscape to heart so can't complain really.
alisonR
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Winona on Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:05 pm

alisonR wrote:I was so chuffed when I tuned into BBC3 for the 'making of' Doctor Who on Saturday and my little digital guide thingy said Farscape next - Hopefully a whole bunch of people kept watching :-).
Also, they appeared to have changed the format for the presenters on Destination Three which, having sat through some real drivel at 1am, can only be for the good. Although last night they had a 'faux' Zhaan doing a rather bizarre lap dancing/strip thing - not entirely sure where they are coming from but they do seem to be taking Farscape to heart so can't complain really.

Yeah a little sense of pride overcame me when I saw the 'Farscape Next' banner and the voice-over reiterating it:) I really enjoyed Doctor Who and the making of it, as you say hopefully viewers being in the scifi mode kept watching:)
Farscape lost its innocence after season one, I wonder will Doctor Who?
"the 'right thing' starts at the beginning of the day... not after you have been caught" - John Crichton to Rygel - Family Ties S1.22
Winona
Nebari Snurcher

Postby BritAngie on Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:13 am

Winona wrote:
alisonR wrote:I was so chuffed when I tuned into BBC3 for the 'making of' Doctor Who on Saturday and my little digital guide thingy said Farscape next - Hopefully a whole bunch of people kept watching :-).

Yeah a little sense of pride overcame me when I saw the 'Farscape Next' banner and the voice-over reiterating it:) I really enjoyed Doctor Who and the making of it, as you say hopefully viewers being in the scifi mode kept watching:)
Farscape lost its innocence after season one, I wonder will Doctor Who?

I doubt it if they continue to aim it at the 8-12 demographic.
BritAngie
Chocoholic Underling
Chocoholic Underling

Next

Return to General Farscape