Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage21/fa/rs/ca/farscapeworld.com/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage21/fa/rs/ca/farscapeworld.com/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage21/fa/rs/ca/farscapeworld.com/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage21/fa/rs/ca/farscapeworld.com/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage21/fa/rs/ca/farscapeworld.com/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Farscape World • View topic - New Farscape book

New Farscape book

Discuss any and all Farscape merchandise.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Re: NOT a guide...

Postby Europa1000 on Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:44 pm

Dani Moure wrote:... He has promised to provide me info once it's all been approved... and he says it's worth waiting for. So, the mystery continues. :)

(Thanks Joe!)

Ooooooooo!
=P~ \:D/
Thanks.
Europa.

Claudia: It (kissing) is a weird way to make a living, ... don’t you think?
Ben: (Silent)
Claudia: When Andrew Prowse says, "… we actually need to see you touching tongues on camera …" that’s a weird way to make a living. It is.
Ben: (Still silent)
Claudia: No?
Ben: There are certain jobs that have perks, and ... :lol:
-Ben Browder and Claudia Black at Farscape Con 2004.

"'Farscape, it's different from the waist down ...'"
"That's a good ad campaign for you Thomas! :lol:"
-Ben Browder to Sci-Fi's Thomas Vitale at Comic-Con, July 2004.
Europa1000
Delvian Pa'u

Re: NOT a guide...

Postby Chi_fi_Eagle on Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:26 am

Dani Moure wrote:OK, I got a nice e-mail from Joe Nazarro today saying that while some of the information at Amazon is right (page count, release date and price), it is NOT a guide book. He has promised to provide me info once it's all been approved... and he says it's worth waiting for. So, the mystery continues. :)

(Thanks Joe!)

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now this post did it, I have to go and pre-book this item...this obsession is still costing me money :cry: on a happier note it still is a Farscape story item is it not :D

H'MMMMMMMMMMMM only available in England and not the US? :?: and called "Farscape: The Official Illustrated Guide " sounds like a compilation of 4 years including the mini...in other words a shippers guide to Farscape...(I wonder if I could be right?)

Maybe I will wait for more info
"No Dream is guaranteed...the grace of age is we learn to accept." Gigi Edgley/Chiana admirer
Chi_fi_Eagle
Scarran Ruling Order

New Farscape book

Postby Joe Nazzaro on Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:08 pm

Hey folks:
I promised Dani I'd give all of you some info on the new Farscape book as soon as I could, and since the final text has just gone to the publisher, I guess you guys get the news first. The name of the book is The Creatures of Farscape, subtitled Behind the Scenes at Jim Henson's Creature Shop, and it follows the creation of Farscape's myriad alien characters from the early days when the show was still called Space Chase, right through The Peacekeeper Wars. It's packed with tons of cool art and photos, most of it in color, including a lot of stuff that's never been seen before. As a lifelong SF fan and makeup/makeup FX junkie, I wanted to do the kind of book that I'd be interested in buying myself. I hope this is it.

As a bit of background, when I was back in London a while back, I had dinner with Dave Elsey, who ran Farscape's Creature shop in Sydney, Dave's wife Lou and his long-time partner Colin Ware. They had been trying to do a book about the work on the show, but when Farscape got canceled, the publisher bailed. Dave wanted to know if I'd be interested in working on it, but as I'm sure everybody knows, it's very difficult to get a book off the ground when the show has just been axed. So it's taken quite a long time to find a publisher and put the project back together, but I hope you'll all feel it's worth it.

The book covers the initial design phase, going all the way back to its earliest Space Chase Days, when most of the characters looked very different than the way they finally ended up on screen. D'Argo as a giant animatronic lizard? Zhaan a male Buddhist monk-type? Scorpius a multi-legged insect? You'll see it all for yourself. Some of the original art has never been seen anywhere before, mainly because it was scattered around dusty shelves in the London Creature Shop for years. Plus lots of interviews with the people who were there at the time, from producer Brian Henson to series creator Brian Henson to the original artists and designers.

After that, we cover each of the four seasons, with plenty of full-page color photos, running commentary by Dave Elsey, behind the scenes and episodic shots, concept designs and comments from some of the actors. I know one of the big complaints I've heard from Farscape fans over the years is they couldn't find that many good color photos from the show (with the exception of the now-defunct official magazine). That's why I wanted to do a big groovy hardback book that hopefully won't fall apart after the hundredth time you've thumbed through it.

And no, we haven't forgotten about the mini-series. There's a huge section on The Peacekeeper Wars, but I don't want to say too much about it as some readers of this site would probably get a bit peeved if I gave anything away here. Suffice to say, you'll find some photos that probably won't be seen anywhere else, a few revelations about scenes that never made it into the final product, and a couple of surprises. I'm not trying to be coy here, but I promise you won't be disappointed. Oh yes, and we've also got an introduction by producer Brian Henson and a final word by Dick Smith, arguably one of the world's greatest living makeup artists.

So I hope that gives you some idea what to expect with this book. In anticipation of your questions, we hope to have it out in October, to coincide with the mini-series here in the States. I'll try to have more specific info as it becomes available, but feel free to ask any questions on this site and I'll try to answer them when I can.

All the best,
Joe
Joe Nazzaro
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby Chi_fi_Eagle on Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:27 pm

Well that does it :cry: I have to go to the link to Amazon.com.UK or whatever the UK site is and preorder it now...

Remember guys and gals...go to the main page of Farscapeworld: http://www.farscapeworld.com/main.php

down in the bottom left column and type in Joe Nazzaro in the UK amazon.com site and preorder it there so Dani will get some credit to offset the cost of running this site...

Anything bought through Amazon.com (either US or UK) using the link on the news page of Farscapeworld.com will yield a credit for Dani from amazon.com...

I am heading there now to prebook

done in PA
"No Dream is guaranteed...the grace of age is we learn to accept." Gigi Edgley/Chiana admirer
Chi_fi_Eagle
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Joe Nazzaro on Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:43 pm

Sorry, in my earlier post I meant to say 'series creator Rockne O'Bannon,' not Brian Henson. Have pity on me folks; it's Sunday night, and I've been stuck behind this computer for most of the last 12 hours. Alternatively, I could just save myself a lot of grief by just reading my posts before putting them up! -Joe
Joe Nazzaro
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby BrentBarrett on Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:46 pm

You just sold me, Joe.
The John and Aeryn Site
http://www.johnaeryn.com

BrentBarrett
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby moonbebe on Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:05 am

You've sold me too... I can't WAIT to get my hands on that book!

Very, very cool. :D

~ moon
moonbebe
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Dani Moure on Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:19 pm

Thanks Joe! It sounds really great. The make-up aspect of the show has always fascinated me so I can't wait for this.
.dani//MOURE
Webmaster and anime maniac. Raelee Hill's biggest fan. David Kemper's biggest fan too.
Also webmaster/owner of Farscape World (duh!).
Dani Moure
Evil Overlord
Evil Overlord

Postby Emram on Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:37 pm

Any "behind the scenes" book interests me - I have about 17 books on various Star Wars issues - films, books and role playing game - all of which contain many unseen sketches of never-used ideas. I will definitely be purchasing this book!

Joe, many thanks for the post, it's always nice to get a bit of interaction with the people responsible for books etc.
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Joe Nazzaro on Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:57 pm

Hi folks-
I've had some additional information about my book, The Creatures of Farscape: Behind the Scenes at Jim Henson's Creature Shop, which I wanted to pass on to readers of this site. I hope some of it will prove useful. First of all, Amazon.co.uk has apparently been notified that the 'Official Guide' title is incorrect, and we've asked them to change it. For some reason, these things seem to move with glacial speed, so I don't know when the correct title is posted. I have confirmed with the publisher however, that the ISBN number and other information including the price, is correct. So presumably if people are looking to pre-order it, they're still ordering the right item. And at some point, it should be listed on Amazon.com, hopefully with accurate information. Since some fans still seem to be a bit confused, this is not a programme guide, nor is it any kind of guide. The licensed programme guides have already been published by Titan, and to my knowledge are all still in print, so there's no point in duplicating any of that information. By the way, have I mentioned my book is not a programme guide?

Seriously though, here's some additional information about where The Creatures of Farscape will hopefully be available. A lot of this is available on the publisher's website, www.rhbooks.com but I'll include some of it here. Some of the foreign distributors include: Trafalgar Square Publishing (US), Vanwell Publishing Ltd (Canada) Capricorn Link (Australia) and Forrester Books (New Zealand). Links to all of these distributors are on the R & H website.

I've also had a number of people ask me about the US release and price. The publisher informs me that the price will almost certainly not be a translation of the sterling price and is likely to be closer to $30-35. The bad news is Trafalgar works a season behind their UK clients, so they may not bring it into wide release in America. The good news is that it will almost certainly be on Amazon.com, and Hensons has already expressed an interest in getting books to the fans as well. Bottom line: we're doing our best to make sure that everybody will be able to get a copy, and not at an inflated price.

All the best,
Joe
Joe Nazzaro
Peacekeeper Commander

New Farscape Book

Postby scaperbrit on Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:13 pm

:lol: I agree with Dani and have ordered my book. It is still listed under the wrong title by the way :?
scaperbrit
Luxan Warrior

Book signings?

Postby Christiarc on Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:43 am

Joe, When will you have an itinerary of your book signings?
Christiarc
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby tarstarkas on Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:24 pm

I just ordered as well...using the link on this site. Shipping charges from the UK are murder! But it's worth it!!!

Just curious...the Farscape 2005 Calendar is also listed on Amazon UK. I thought that had been cancelled?

Anybody know what's up?
tarstarkas
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Chi_fi_Eagle on Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:50 pm

tarstarkas wrote:I just ordered as well...using the link on this site. Shipping charges from the UK are murder! But it's worth it!!!

Just curious...the Farscape 2005 Calendar is also listed on Amazon UK. I thought that had been cancelled?

Anybody know what's up?

I have always believe the 2005 calender was always a go, why would you think it would be cancelled? Just because the show got cancelled?

Calenders sell and money is made and as long as there is a market I think the Farscape calenders will be made and sold
Chi_fi_Eagle
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Dani Moure on Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:31 am

Chi_fi_Eagle wrote:
tarstarkas wrote:I just ordered as well...using the link on this site. Shipping charges from the UK are murder! But it's worth it!!!

Anybody know what's up?

I have always believe the 2005 calender was always a go, why would you think it would be cancelled? Just because the show got cancelled?

Calenders sell and money is made and as long as there is a market I think the Farscape calenders will be made and sold

Sadly it was cancelled... http://www.farscapeworld.com/news/shownews.php?id=151

And it just hasn't been removed from Amazon yet. Sometimes they take a while.

But can we try to keep on the topic of the book in this thread? Thanks. :)
.dani//MOURE
Webmaster and anime maniac. Raelee Hill's biggest fan. David Kemper's biggest fan too.
Also webmaster/owner of Farscape World (duh!).
Dani Moure
Evil Overlord
Evil Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to Merchandise