2010 con Los Angeles

Talk about the cast and crew of Farscape. This includes discussions of conventions that the cast and crew attend.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Re: 2010 con Los Angeles

Postby TINemo on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:51 pm

Add the Mad Hatter's favorite lady, Francesca Buller aka Mrs Ben Browder, to the Farscape list :)

And add Eliza Dushku from Doll House to Joss Whedon's part of the con.

Less than two months to go! :D
Technical information nerd
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby TINemo on Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:27 pm

Add two more folks to the Joss Wheedon part

I've never heard of or seen them before but one played SilverSurfer among other things. They will be in the vendor room all weekend(lucky them). I remember when David Franklin sat in the vendor room at a con many moons ago asking for folks to get him to the Farscape con. And LOOK at him now, sex toy of the universe.

About 5 weeks until I leave for LA......waiting ,waiting
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Emeraldcity on Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:26 pm

Lani has had to cancel out of the convention......he accepted a film role and it starts that week so the two things just won't work. Hopefully he will be able to come to another ;)
www.peachtreeservices.net

The shopping cart is now up and running. Come see what the cast does in their off times, www.peachtreeservices.net/shop
Emeraldcity
Cast Convention Manager
Cast Convention Manager

Postby TINemo on Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:58 am

Sorry he can't come, happy he has a part.It's rough out there.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby TINemo on Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:16 am

Well it's over and done. Did anyone else go? I had a ball.

I sort of cheated and went to see some SG cast members:Joe Flanigan and Michael Shanks, also Dan Shea the stunt coordinator who is a riot.Lots of funny anecdotes for Gaters.Also Elisha from Dollhouse , Brian and Elyse from SGU. Moreena and Sean of Firefly came to breakfast.

Special fun for me. Ben came to or breakie table and I asked him "Are you glad you opted out of Hellcats?" Ans. Hell yeah. I read the script and it was kind of quirky so I thought why not? Went up to film the pilot and I'm saying to myself, what amI doing here,The guy they want for this part is in his 20s! Also talked about coaching. One of his senior boys has jumped 14 ft plus and earned a scholarship to Yale. He is so proud. Plans to keep coaching track for now.
A t Q&A no real answers. Freezeframe is pushed back because the producer or director is pregnant with thwins. Naught for Hire still needs funding. Ditto for webisodes. Talked about being a bad year with his Dad dying "My son and I got to walk him into the hospital the last time because he didn't want the wheelchair, so that was good" Then his agent/manager Hank McCann died(I guess unexpectedly) about two months later. He says he can't even write anything he likes right now.Just tears it up.

Fran came to breakfast and I asked her how school was going. She says it's hard.I asked if any of the work she did at London Drama counted as college credit and she said "No that was considered professional training." Doesn't even transfer as electives. At Q&A she talked about prosthetics and how six men were at her feet operating M'Lee's spines etc. She would like to play a Farscape part where you can see here but would revive Ahkna in a heartbeat. She said the Browder family took a road trip last summer looking at colleges for their daughter. They especially loved Colo. and spent extra days in Boulder. They think they might like to move there when the son is thru highschool. Twently mjiles down the road from my son.....o please do!

The Friday night Cabaret featured Dan Shea. He calls RDA Big Boy and says he used to stand in for him but "since he gained 864 pounds " I can't look like him anymore.
Raelee had videoed herself singing with a trio, then dubbed her voice out so she sang to their accompaniment live. David did a great funny set. He has his green card now. Good luck Dave and thanks for the kiss and hug.

Virginia,Paul,Johnathon,Bianca and Froon were all appreciated as always.Next year another triple con moved two weeks to Nov 18 -20, a little too close to Thanksgiving travel, but we'll see.

Sorry, Jean. Saw you booking on down the hall several times but as per request didn't stop you as you were no doubt working.

CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Mreen on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:58 pm

Sounds like it was fun!
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Firecracker on Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:40 pm

It was Mreen. I was sorry that you weren't there - I was hoping to see you again. What are the chances for next year?
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Previous

Return to Cast and Crew