Farscape in 2008

Discussions about Farscape's cancellation, and the campaign to promote the show's return. General discussion about THE PEACEKEEPER WARS should go in the relevant forum.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Re: Farscape in 2008

Postby AERYNSUN on Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:02 am

I don't have the two comic books. The story you have told in a few lines looks very interesting. If the webisodes are in the line of the books, I think they will have a good story.

And after that success maybe another movie, like the two ones that sg-1 filmed last year. Ark of Truth and Continuum. But this with FARSCAPE.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Firecracker on Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:16 pm

If you want to order the Farscape comics, they are available to order from Farscape Canada Merchandise Page - but since the third comic was released last week and their are four comics in each mini-series it might be a good idea to wait for the book form to be released. That way you get the entire series at once without the agonizing wait between issues. ;)

Gigi is now starring in a Series in Australia called "Rescue" and filming begins this month. I hope it is a success because Gigi deserves more work than she has been getting in the US.

Lani guest starred in a new Australian TV series called "The Cut" - it aired last week sometime.

Anthony Simcoe is guest starring in another Australian TV Series called "Chandon Pictures" - which aired last Wednesday.

Raelee Hill had her baby February 4th - a bouncing baby boy.

So that is all the news I know. :)
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby AERYNSUN on Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:21 pm

Thank you very much for the information Firecracker. I'll wait until the release of the book In Farscape Canada. Do you when it will be released?

Anyway, Scaper are used to wait and the reward is always worth.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby TINemo on Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:29 pm

I hadn't heard the comics were being combined into a book.

As I understand it, there are six episodes. Each comes with four different covers(but the same story inside) so unless you are really into comics, one of each is enough, They are 3.99US.

The critters like Rygel and some of his wives and his cousin Bishar look pretty good. The human(oids) like John Aeryn,Jothee etc are not as well drawn or recognizable, but you can tell who they are supposed to be.

I take exception to how Rockne is treating Aeryn's childrearing abilities. He frequently shows the baby crying loudly and Aeryn muttering *frell,frell*. but when John hold him he's quiet. I know Ben loves kids and is good with them, but I'm sure Claudia does well with her boys too.

Anyway they are moving the story along a bit. I doubt they will be reenacted in the Webisodes. They might be summarized, but then the story will move on.
Technical information nerd
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Firecracker on Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:33 pm

TINemo wrote:I hadn't heard the comics were being combined into a book.

Yes. At the end of each comic mini-series the issues will be combined into a graphic novel - the Hardcover Edition.

TINemo wrote:As I understand it, there are six episodes. Each comes with four different covers(but the same story inside) so unless you are really into comics, one of each is enough, They are 3.99US.

According to Boom! Studios each mini-series is four issues. The mini-series that is currently in production is called "The Beginning of the End of the Beginning. Next is another four issue mini-series called Strange Detractors and then a third mini-series set sometime after "Revenging Angel" and before "What Was Lost: Redemption" called Dargo's Lament.

But each mini-series is only four issues long, and each mini-series will be combined into a hardcover graphic novel (hopefully with all the various covers included inside).

TINemo wrote:I take exception to how Rockne is treating Aeryn's childrearing abilities. He frequently shows the baby crying loudly and Aeryn muttering *frell,frell*. but when John hold him he's quiet. I know Ben loves kids and is good with them, but I'm sure Claudia does well with her boys too.

How Ben and Claudia parent in their privates lives has nothing to do with how John and Aeryn would parent.

Aeryn has no experience with babies, or childrearing. She hasn't the first clue. Aeryn's difficulty adjusting to being a mother is reflected in how tense she is when she is caring for the baby. And babies pick up on that - hence the crying.

What would be completely out of character would be if Aeryn had no difficulty adjusting to the demands of parenting. She is a Peacekeeper Prowler Pilot.
She never expected - and until recently never even wanted - to become a mother. It makes perfect sense that Motherhood would be the one thing that doesn't come easily to Aeryn.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby TINemo on Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:39 pm

OK that's news. Four series of four. That means I have to order the other three series or wait for the hardcover version.I do think that's more ambitious than the origianl plan announced/rumored.But hey! if it's working..........

Does that mean further delay in ever getting the webisodes?????? I wish Rockne et al were more forthcoming about their plans.I mean, PK wars was 2004!

I do see your point that Aeryn has no experience with babies, probably never even babysat since she was flying at 14.Still I didn't either and managed fairly well. After 30(after children) years as a perinatal nurse(that's pregnancy, labor and delivery, new moms and babies to 28 days) Goddess knows that some babies cry a lot. I wonder what they are feeding Deke, since ground up food cubes might not do well.

My second grandaughter would only be content in a swing with the hair dryer running, who knows why??????
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby AERYNSUN on Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:59 pm

Maybe Aeryn thinks that if the baby was a pure sebacean wouldn't cry so much. And as he is only half sebacean he is not perfect.

A peacekeeper might think that. But in this case Aeryn loves him anyway because she loves John above all and loves their baby.

In my opinion you don0t need to have an expierence as a mother to look after babies. Babies don't come with instructions book. Ans as you said TUNemo0, Aeryn was only taqught to be a soldier and to fliy prowlers. She was never allowed to have feelings and she was also taught that having a baby was a duty only to breed the ranks. That's not in her breeding having babies anc acting as a mother. Hers wasn't a good example.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Firecracker on Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:25 am

TINemo wrote:OK that's news. Four series of four. That means I have to order the other three series or wait for the hardcover version.I do think that's more ambitious than the origianl plan announced/rumored.But hey! if it's working..........

Three series of four episodes each.

The Beginning of the End of the Beginning (the one we are currently reading)
Strange Detractors
D'Argo's Lament

TINemo wrote:I do see your point that Aeryn has no experience with babies, probably never even babysat since she was flying at 14.Still I didn't either and managed fairly well.

Actually I think it is pretty clear that Aeryn never babysat - ever. She was born and bred to be a Prowler Pilot. They trained her from birth to be a soldier. She would never have been assigned babysitting duties - either before 14 cycles old or after.

Aeryn didn't have any example at all of a mother to emulate. Well - maybe Xhalax... but that isn't a really good example to follow. Aeryn is completely lost at sea being a mother. So her inexperience and anxiousness shows.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby TINemo on Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:18 am

Ack! OK three series of four. I think I've got it now.

So apparently D'Argo's lament will take place while John was stuck on the dying leviathan and D'Argo was with Juel on Arnesk or something like that. Interesting.

Wonder what Strange detractors will be about.

Back to child care. I understand Aeryn not wanting John to go help Rygel and leave her on Moya, and I understand ditto for John and I'm glad they didn't opt to leave Deke with Noranti who has always been too strange for me to like. That does present an unpleasant conumdrum of having to take the baby along. Let's see....diapers, bottles, food,clothes, etc etc. Don't think they have a stroller so they seem to have opted for a backpack arrangement. Decades ago we had a pack frame called a hike-a-poose and my late husband hauled our daughter thru caves and on horseback etc. Nothing new under the suns.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby TINemo on Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:09 pm

Oh dear! Henson has laid off 20% of the crew of Sesame Street.

That doesn't sound as if it bodes well for spending money on Webisodes.....

especially when Gigi is doing Rescue, Lani is doing Cut, Anth is in Chandon Pics and Ben is in Freeze Frame.Doesn't sound like many or money would be available for webisodes

........and we wait some more.

off the subject, but Creation has announced simultaneous cons of Farscape and Stargate at LAX Marriott Nov 6-8. When asked how ticketing would work for those of us with interest in both, Gary said *details are being worked out*. Well, I hope so. Two tickets anyone???????
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Firecracker on Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:54 pm

TINemo wrote:Oh dear! Henson has laid off 20% of the crew of Sesame Street.

That doesn't sound as if it bodes well for spending money on Webisodes.....

As Grapeshot pointed out on another board - TJHC has not owned Sesame Street for a very long time. So any reduction in workforce there has nothing to do with TJHC.

Or in fact, the webisodes - since Sci Fi will be funding those.

TINemo wrote:especially when Gigi is doing Rescue, Lani is doing Cut, Anth is in Chandon Pics and Ben is in Freeze Frame.Doesn't sound like many or money would be available for webisodes

Lani and Anthony are guest starring on those series. Those gigs will not have any impact on whether or not they will will be available for the webisodes.

Gigi is a bit more complicated as her role is (I believe) a regular one. But... the webisodes are going to be 60 minutes maximum. I am sure that if TPTB want Gigi they will work it out.

TINemo wrote:
off the subject, but Creation has announced simultaneous cons of Farscape and Stargate at LAX Marriott Nov 6-8. When asked how ticketing would work for those of us with interest in both, Gary said *details are being worked out*. Well, I hope so. Two tickets anyone???????

From what I understand if people who have tickeets to the Farscape Con wish to see Ben and Claudia's appearance at the Stargate Con (and vice versa) we will be allowed entrance. Other than that... there won't be much of an overlap except in the bar and/or lobby.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby TINemo on Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:14 am

E mailed Gary who said *details are being worked out. Claudia is not booked at present and Ben(tentatively) will only do Farscape ."

When they had simulcons last year.....I don't remember which shows off hand since I didn't go...Q&A and breakfast/lunch with/ etc had to have a ticket for each.

I'm thinking a gold ticket for Farscape and depending on who will be there maybe general admission for Stargate.Need those details(not to mention $$$$$$$$$$$$)

BTW I tried to order the second and third sets of comics from boom. They refered me to their gallery but none of them are listed there yet.

Also read elsewhere that Ricky(Froom)Manning was supposed to write the webisodes but in Nov he was shopping around the pilot of a series called Fusion. You could see it at froonium.com at that time. Don't know if that's stll so.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Firecracker on Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:38 pm

TINemo wrote:E mailed Gary who said *details are being worked out. Claudia is not booked at present and Ben(tentatively) will only do Farscape ."

Which doesn't contradict what I said.

TINemo wrote:When they had simulcons last year.....I don't remember which shows off hand since I didn't go...Q&A and breakfast/lunch with/ etc had to have a ticket for each.

We have always had to purchase tickets for the Breakfast/Cocktails/Lunch - whatever. The Q&As were always included in all tickets - so I am not sure how that is supposed to work. People buy their tickets to see the speakers. If the tickets don't let them see the speakers - then they won't be buying the tickets.

TINemo wrote:
BTW I tried to order the second and third sets of comics from boom. They refered me to their gallery but none of them are listed there yet.

They are all there - you can even order the entire four issue series Strange Detractors by subscription.

Strange Detractors

D'Argo's Lament is also there - but not available for preorder yet.

D'Argo's Lament

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby TINemo on Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:51 pm

Yes at farscape the Brunch and the cabaret and the others(like cocktails with Claudia) were special tickets.

At Stargate cons and someothers, I have heard some of those sort of things were included with the gold ticket, I suppose depending on who is doing what for how much??????

Suppose they had a special tic brunch for Farscape and another--same time for Stargate or any other combination you can think of.You would have to choose.But what if they had Breakfast with FS folks and Lunch with SG folks. Want to ante up twice as much?????

And what is the other group doing while you are at a *special*? It makes me fret in anticipation.

I don't want to miss anything, but funds are limited
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Firecracker on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:14 pm

TINemo wrote:Ack! OK three series of four. I think I've got it now.

So apparently D'Argo's lament will take place while John was stuck on the dying leviathan and D'Argo was with Juel on Arnesk or something like that. Interesting.

Actually I have found out more specific information about when D'Argo's Lament will be set. Boom!'s Here is the relevant information.

FARSCAPE: D'ARGO'S LAMENT #1

Written by Keith R.A. DeCandido, art by Tommy Patterson, covers by Michael DiPascale and Will Sliney.

Ka D'argo lives on -- only in this Farscape mini-series set in continuity during Season 3 between episodes "Revenging Angel" and "Fractures!" Follow the adventures of John Crichton's best friend D'argo as he's forced to not only save the day and end planetary war, he's got to do it all with mouthy "princess" Jool along for the ride. And that means trouble!

So it will be set in the brief period of time after "Revenging Angel" and before "Fractures". :D

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Previous

Return to Future Farscape