Official Doctor Who Series 4 *SPOILERS*

Talk about any show under the sun, genre or not.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Re: Official Doctor Who Series 4 *SPOILERS*

Postby sleeper on Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:03 pm

Well.......... what a great season of Doctor Who!!!!. I was able to see the whole thing...(thanks to youtube) and it was a very good season. I thought Catherine Tate did a great job as Donna. I wished we could see more of Donna next Season, because she is my favorite Companion of the new series.. she is even better than Rose. Alas, no more Donna... unless a Dr. Who miracle happens. I do hope we get to see Wilf in the future. I really like him.

Now on to the juicy details (SPOILERS)

Getting to see Davros again was nice.... still up to his old tricks and I do believe he and Dalek Caan were able to get away(using the Emergency Temporal Shift that Caan has.) before the whole thing blew. And I still don't think it will be the last time Rose or the Human Doctor will show up.... but if it is, it was a great way to write them out of the series.
Nice to see Mickey and Martha join up with Capt. Jack. K-9 saves the day at the end. SJS's reaction to seeing Davros again was priceless and it was nice that Davros recongized her too (of course).
Donna was not just an ordinary temp and I am glad I was completely wrong about her.... She was one of the funnest and good hearted companions that the Doctor ever had. I was sad to see her go. (I rank it with Susan and Tegan leaving and SJS's 1st time the Doctor dumped her..)

I thought it was very ironic that Davros was the one to finally point out the Doctor's inability to fully protect the people around him and that so many people through out Dr. Who history have given their lives to save the Doctor. I think the Doctor should be placed on a suicide watch, the way he was at the end of that show....but good ol' Wilf... at least he gave him some encouragement.

Over all, the season had some great episodes. There really was not a bad episode in the whole lot.

Well it's a wait til Xmas to see who the new companion is and what the Cybermen are up to. I wonder if it will be this Universe's Cyberbaddies or Roses universe's bad guys.
Last edited by sleeper on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby SunKrux on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:37 am

I'm sad to see Donna go as well. I know a lot of people (I'm guessing mainly UK folks) really hated Donna. Another UK friend mentioned it might be because Catherine Tate is a big name celeb there and they didn't like her being on the show. :roll:

I think Donna kept the Doctor on the right path and made him realize more than ever that his actions have consequences like no other companion in THIS series ever did. I like Rose and love that she and the Half Human Doctor will be together. I don't mind Mickey joining Torchwood and the jury is out on Martha joining. I enjoyed Martha at first, but then...I don't know what happened but she got on my nerves.

I'm gonna miss Donna, but now maybe they'll bring on River Song!!! \:D/

Can not WAIT for the Xmas special. I like the Cybermen. :twisted: :lol:
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby sleeper on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:34 am

I read that the Cybermen will be the ones from Cybus corp, not the ones from Mondas. (I was kinda hoping that it would be both....)
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby sleeper on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:40 am

SK, I don't think Martha's part was written that well. They needed one more episode to that story to make it smoother.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby SunKrux on Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:30 pm

sleeper, it could be that or it could be that I just don't like Martha. The world won't end. ;) Maybe if she is part of Torchwood, they'll write her better and the acting will improve. Time will tell.
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby sleeper on Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:37 pm

With Mickey and Martha joining, it will be fun to watch Torchwood. I like the banter that Mickey and Capt. Jack have. They do have the experience that previous new comers don't have (if you dare call them newcomers :wink: )

BTW did Jack say anything to Rose in the last episode about her turning him into a demi-immortal. I missed it if it happened.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby sleeper on Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:23 pm

At the end of this season series, you really have to feel bad for the Doctor... He basically lost all of his friends. He lost Rose to the Human Doctor. Martha moved on and is getting married. And Donna, who was probably the truest friend out of all of the Doctor's companions was lost and basically dead to him. Well I guess that River Song is in his future, so I can't feel that bad for him.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Prowler on Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:49 pm

That was a good ending, have only just caught up with it all. Having been away from a usable pc :(

I felf sorry for the DoctorDonna, but going back I now see all the clues. Turn Left was possible the best episode, and with it being Doctor light, really stands out. And who couldn't love Wilf at teh end. Such a strong performance.
Prowler
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby sleeper on Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:39 pm

If you ever meet another Dr. Who fan, you can freak them out by saying "There is something on your back". :thud:
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Mreen on Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:26 pm

I dont think Donna was hated by very many people. Mostly you might have heard reactions to Catherine Tate being chosen before the eps were aired, anytime someone famous is chosen the naysayers clamor up with "How dare they?"- but once people saw Donna in action, she gathered pretty much all the fandom around her. I have seen one or two odd ones out that didnt like her, but time and time again she's been called the Doctor's best new companion.

Which makes it really stink the way they wrote her out as a reduced person, who cant ever know the great stuff she's done or even grow to be great again. I am hoping she gets a return ep where she remembers all- I keep saying that I'd rather her die a heroic death that way, than live as such smaller version of herself.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby sleeper on Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:07 pm

Maybe the Doctor/Donna will be needed in a future episode.... [-o<
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Prowler on Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:53 am

Mreen wrote:...Which makes it really stink the way they wrote her out as a reduced person, who cant ever know the great stuff she's done or even grow to be great again. I am hoping she gets a return ep where she remembers all- I keep saying that I'd rather her die a heroic death that way, than live as such smaller version of herself.

Totally agree, Donna deserved more, as she is now, back to the vaccuous self absorbed person, is a fate worse than death. It does leave it open for Steven Moffat to possibly bring her back in future stories, resurect the DoctorDonna, who knows??

We've got a Torchwood series 3 coming up (5 eps in one week), so we may at least know what has happened to Martha and Mickey,
Can I get a Hell Yeah!?!
Prowler
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby sleeper on Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:25 pm

Getting ready for the Xmas Special of Dr. Who. Seems that the rumors are (Spoiler alert)

That the Doctor meets himself from the parallel universe that Rose is stuck in and that both the parallel Cybus Cybermen and our old Mondas Cybermen are involved.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Mreen on Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:11 pm

huh- I never liked spoilers, but I have to admit it is funny, now and then, to come across old ones and see how wrong everyone got it <g>
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Firecracker on Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:59 pm

Mreen wrote:huh- I never liked spoilers, but I have to admit it is funny, now and then, to come across old ones and see how wrong everyone got it <g>

Yeah. But considering the information that we had to go on - that was reasonable speculation. :) (Except the Rose part - that was just wishful thinking.)

I really liked the 'cyberpunk" feel of the Christmas special. And wouldn't you know it? The only person strong minded enough to resist assimilation by the cyberman and then to turn the situation around so that she was the boss - was a woman! Not that it is serious social commentary or anything you understand. ;)
Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows