2007 Burbank con DVD/ Continuum

Talk about the cast and crew of Farscape. This includes discussions of conventions that the cast and crew attend.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

2007 Burbank con DVD/ Continuum

Postby TINemo on Thu May 15, 2008 1:27 am

The DVD from last year's con is now available at creationent.com.

Althought the fan who was taping it taped everything....breakfast,cabaret, etc....the DVD seems to be only Ben's hour and a half on stage.

Don't exactly know what happened to the rest except I was told there were problems with it.

Creation is also offering the DVD SG1 Continuum. I didn't think it had been released(it's not on Amazon for ex.) but they are offering a special on it so I presume they got some sort of deal.

I've ordered them, now let's see when they come.
Technical information nerd
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Re: 2007 Burbank con DVD/ Continuum

Postby Firecracker on Thu May 22, 2008 3:45 pm

TINemo wrote:The DVD from last year's con is now available at creationent.com.

Althought the fan who was taping it taped everything....breakfast,cabaret, etc....the DVD seems to be only Ben's hour and a half on stage.

Don't exactly know what happened to the rest except I was told there were problems with it.

I am sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to watching the flag presentation ceremony for Steve that was held at the Charity Breakfast. When SylvreWolfe handed the flag to Ben my eyes welled up. So did Ben's. It was a precious moment. I would have liked to have had a record of it.
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby TINemo on Sat May 24, 2008 3:40 am

There have always been great moments that never made it to the official DSVD. Even the one with Ben and Claudia, the year before the bunny tape I think, had been editted because I remember things said that don't show on it...or to be honest I used to remember.

There was some discussion elsewhere that:
a) there were problems with the tape.Technical? don't know
b) each cast member would have to agree to their part being sold....unless that was part of their original agreement with creation.
c) if they are reimbursed in any way(?) that would make the DVD prohibitively expensive.

I agree that the Steve Palmer Memorial was touching and it would be nice to have it.

I know nothing about the ins and outs of the whole process, but I do know Ben agreed to making the DVD of his stage performance.

I haven't gotten it yet, so I don't know what is included.
Technical information nerd
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Return to Cast and Crew