The Official Heroes: Season 2 Thread

Talk about any show under the sun, genre or not.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby sleeper on Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:44 pm

Bob is this seasons's Eric Roberts. :lol:

HRG with Blink along = dangerous
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

okay, fair point

Postby Mreen on Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:30 am

But didnt we know Eric's characters name? Tom something...I have a bad memory, but we had full disclosure on him.

Bob Midas is the guy with only one name that we must uncover the real last name.

(still - point taken about the character role :wink: )
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby chryse on Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:51 am

I'm pretty sure Miss Electric is Bob's daughter too. She seems spoiled... like a poor little rich girl kind of thing... maybe.

I'm gonna miss Irish brother. Aside from the whole criminal thing, he seemed like a nice guy. And of course Caitlyn would paint.. how else can Isaac's power manifest itself so Peter knows what to do next. lol

Mreen, I thought he said that the box of Peter's stuff came with Peter, that it was all the things Peter had on him when they found him. But on second thought, that was a lie. An open ticket to Montreal? Why did Peter have such a thing when he was in Cork?

The trailer was interesting... experimenting with the virus huh? Is that why Nikki/Jessica attacked Bob? I think so. Jessica doesn't want to go away... and she doesn't want Nikki to die in some human guinea pig experiment either.

Micah can confide in Monica. This is good. He was too alone last season. He has good relationship with his parents, but couldn't always talk to them (yes I still think DL is alive). He has Monica now, and hopefully, that will keep him out of trouble this season. Monica is a good role model, I really like her. Interesting power... at first I thought she copied what she saw on TV, but I guess it's anything she sees.

I wonder if Micah laying his hand on her back during that hug last ep helped to amplify her powers a bit? Or does his power only work on machines? Well... a body is an organic machine right?

Mohinder is an idiot. That really is his super power. But at least his heart is in the right place. It's gonna get him, and Molly, burned badly, imo.

Matt's another idiot. But he had no idea what he was getting into with his dad. Dad's comment about the powers growing was interesting. They seem to both grow and evolve into related abilities.

Hmmm, maybe West is another Nathan love child like Claire? That'd be scary. But father/son powers seem to manifest in similar ways if Matt and his dad are any indication. On the other hand DL/Micah powers don't seem to be related.

And what about Nathan's other sons?

Matt should be able to free Mollie from the nightmare now, don't you think? He was able to get himself out of it and shake Nathan out of it too.

I can't wait to find out more about the others in the pix too.

There was a comic last year where Hannah (radio girl) was captured in Africa while trying to get some kind of virus from a lab. I wonder which virus.. Shanti's or Maya's? Or maybe a third one?

I wonder where Hiro's story is going... I suppose it's possible that Kensei is the ancestor of all the heroes... 1671 was 12 generations ago. The Kensei stories didn't mention a sidekick... I wonder if history will change because of Hiro or if he really is fixing it? Then who/what will be the "Dragon" of legend?

Poor Alesandro. He has to protect Maya from herself AND Sylar. I can't wait until next Monday!
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Chocolate on Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:49 pm

chryse wrote:Mohinder is an idiot. That really is his super power.

:lol: I couldn't agree more!

I'm so glad things are starting to happen this season...

I really like Monica, she's a great character. And I think her power is the best one yet... (Well, maybe not as cool as Peter's, but getting there 8) )
I just hope Sylar won't get her (for some reason she reminds me a lot of Charlie, and I'd really hate for the same thing to happen to her too).

Veronica Mars was a nice surprise, at first I thought she was playing almost the exact same character, snooping around after Peter, and then she turned nasty... She did the spoiled daddy's girl beautifully. I hope she stays in the cast! I think she's Bob's daughter too.

It is too bad about Caitlin's brother, he had potential.

Poor Molly. I hope Parkman can put his irritating nature aside and do some good, for a change...

And now for something that's been on my mind for a while now... How comes Nathan isn't in the least bit curious about his own mother's powers?! I know that if I discovered that I could fly and that my brother could do practically everything else, and that my daughter is indestructible, I'd want to know what exactly can my parents do! And so far, Claire is the only one who actually tried to find out what her parents could do! Even Hiro didn't ask his dad. It's annoying.

And what do you suppose Bennet and Blink were doing on that sound stage? (it was one of the most obvious blue screens I've seen anywhere, including low-budget local channel productions :roll: . It's like they weren't even trying!)

But seriously, why were supposed to be in Ukraine?

Well, I hope we'll get more answers tomorrow (although I'm sure we'll only get more questions :wink: )...
"It is pointless to lie to your God as I am All-Knowing as well as All-Beautiful." - Vala Mal-Doran
Chocolate
Luxan Warrior

Epiphany

Postby Mreen on Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:34 pm

Last night, heavily dosed on prescription decongestant (I reel from the over the counter stuff so wouldnt take it if I could avoid it) it suddenly came to me (during the G4 Heroes marathon) what Angela's power must be. (By "must be", I mean, it sounded good at the time, which is all it takes during decongestant induced insomnia at 2am) -she's an empath like Peter.

Just like the cruelest killer Linderman started as a healer, the ordinary guy became the Kruger of nightmares, the manipulative mom was the empath. She absorbs everyone's powers around her, learned to control it long ago, and then began using her gift to control others. She knew their emotions and could sense what they wanted, and used it against them.

Peter's nightmares, after the rescue at Homecoming, I dont think were all induced by his dream power (got from Charles Devereaux, Simone's dad) I think Nightmare man was inducing them. Only, it may not have been Nightmare man, it may have been Angela with the same powers. He had that fever, same as Molly.. I would be they are in identical shapes. Peter eventually broke out, or was let go. Angela may have been hustling the doctors along, but she must have known what it was and would have been spent hustling the company along to tell Bob to cut it out...but it was part of the programming to destabilize him and stop him from controlling his powers. Once he had that fear in him, it had to be harder. But - I think his ability from Simone's dad kept interfering and he started to see the way out. He didnt wake up till he started seeing the Invisible Man enter the dream - that's when Nightmare man gave up or was defeated.

Matt should be able to help Molly, agreed. I think his dad was another ordinary joe filled with resentment, and when he got his powers, he started out to help, to make himself feel special, but quickly learned to use his powers against the others, and for his own advantage. I bet he was the betrayer of the OWI that prevented them from doing their task, and led to them believing that a nuked NYC was their best shot at winning the world over. They'd become pessimists that believed power justified all, because they saw what it did to Nightmare Man.

Personally I dont think Nightmare Man was ever that great a guy tho, ...just as Matt, who turned down a bonus from an employer in the middle of a gunfight "You can't bribe me!" illogically stole 2million in diamonds over an unvoiced insult (that was such a break in character...still annoyed with Matt over that) ..I bet his dad was the guy who never made good, and turned con artist, playing the "oh poor me"..while milking everyone for all they were worth, stealing all he could. His power turned him from ordinary and relatively harmless, to the Freddy Kruger of Heroes world. Matt may have startled him, but he was ready by the time they got there and easily sent his son and friend into a world of terror, without a second thought.

Anyhow, in a week or two when I'm done with these decongestants, we'll see how all this looks 8)
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby chryse on Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:47 pm

Interesting mreen. Your thoughts, even heavily medicated, tend to be pretty accurate. :D

Initial thoughts from last night's ep....

what a dark, dark episode.....

Adam is new.... but what a name. Adam... the first man.... Does he predate even Kensei somehow..... or maybe he IS Kensei?

History is broken..uh oh.

I'm was surprised Bob didn't offer to turn some of the family costume jewelry into real gold.... *rolls eyes*

Preview for next week: It could be Maya's virus... it could be the altered OWI virus that Bob was trying to get Mohinder to give to Monica... Could even be a combo of both.

No Matt and Nathan this ep.... Poor Molly.. finally read the comic for last week.... that'd be MY worse nightmare. I HATE roaches!
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby sleeper on Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:07 pm

This series is getting too complex for my little mind to comprend. :thud:
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby sleeper on Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:46 pm

So Adam is the mastermind behind everything.... Hiro, when you mess up a timeline you do it with style.

So now there is not a cure for the virus.... It seems that this was Adam's master plan. To kill off everyone and replace them with people with super powers. Sounds like a little too Xmen/The Incredibles to me.

It is nice that Matt finally was able to over come his dad and trap him.

But I am hopping mad about Mohinder. He is smart, but he has no wisdom. I almost want him to be killed off. HRG(Noah) looks like he went alittle too far and now the company is using him to motivate Mohinder to work against him.

So Adam is the greatest threat to the Heroes, since Sylar had his powers. The writers have to get these two guys together.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Chocolate on Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:04 am

sleeper wrote:So now there is not a cure for the virus.... It seems that this was Adam's master plan. To kill off everyone and replace them with people with super powers. Sounds like a little too Xmen/The Incredibles to me.

I don't think he's going to replace them with supers, as this virus originally kills supers, but now it simply kills everyone and it's contagious. The only people it probably can't kill are Peter, Adam and Claire, who can regenerate and heal.

Poor Caitlin! Being trapped all alone in a hellish future.

As for this whole virus plot thing - I really hope Bob is still the bad guy on this, because it's either that or the writing is absolutely appalling. Experimenting with a modified version of a virus on a group of people who have super-powers due to a genetic mutation? It doesn't take a genius to figure out that there's only ONE way it could end - BADLY.

And The company being after Claire doesn't strike me as trying to save humanity, rather than trying to destroy it by eliminating the only person who can probably take down Adam, what with Peter believing Adam is his friend.

My guess is that this is where Alejandro and Maya will come in - they will be able to stop the virus from spreading. That is, Maya will be able to stop the virus from spreading and Alejandro will be able to stop Maya from stopping everybody else...

As for Adam... Boy, that guy can really hold a grudge! Seriously, it's been several centuries, get over it! :lol:
"It is pointless to lie to your God as I am All-Knowing as well as All-Beautiful." - Vala Mal-Doran
Chocolate
Luxan Warrior

Postby chryse on Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:18 am

thank goodness we're back I was having some withdrawal from this thread. ;)

Writer strike! OH NO!
It's because of the strike that Heroes: Origins has been pulled as a mid-season show in January. But it's not completely written off. Hopefully they'll bring it back for next year's fall season. *crosses fingers*

The show has eps done until December. They've gone back and recently filmed an alternate ending to the last December ep (before their usual hiatus) that will work as a Season ENDING, if the strikes goes on for a long time. But a half-season is in the can and waiting to be aired.

Now, onto the last ep....
A co-worker brought up the possibility that Mohinder and Parkman are working together to play everyone by being supremely dumb. I agreed that might be a viable scenario, except that it puts Molly in danger. I can't believe that Mohinder would deliberately put her in danger.

I think the virus is a hybrid of the altered Shanti Virus (which may have been injected into Sylar when he was unconscious) and Maya's power/virus. Sylar will become Patient Zero when he tries to kill Maya to gain her power. And it won't be Claire's power that have the cure, but Alessandro's.

But who injected Sylar with the power killing altered Shanti virus? Adam? or Bob?

Did Adam create the OWI after meeting Kaito Nakamura and somehow knowing that he was Hiro's father? Was it all a HUGE cosmic coincidence? Oh COURSE NOT! lol But really, it's been over 300 years, you'd think Adam would have had better things to do than get more revenge on Hiro.

Adam could be the father of all the mutants, it's been 300+ years... a bit more than 12 generations. And he'd have to had moved around to hide his immortality.

If Maury is right, and powers keep growing, what can Adam do after 300 years of life?

Mohinder already had a broken nose and the Company Gun... that presumably kills Noah. These paintings seem to be setting things up very quickly. But where the heck is Isaac's sketchbook from last season????

West seems to be more of normal kid now, but he's still an idiot with the typical teen "nothing bad can happen to me" mentality... until he sees Claire's dad. *rolls eyes* You think Claire also absorbed some of Mohinder's super Stupidity too?

Next ep should be interesting... 4 months ago... Peter is recovering with the OWI and meets Adam... oh, so Peter should now be immortal too.... and the Haitian will wipe Peter's memory before locking him up in the container with Elle......so when did the Haitian defect and end up back home sick with the Shanti virus?
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Chocolate on Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:04 pm

chryse wrote:oh, so Peter should now be immortal too....

Um, I thought Peter already was immortal because of Claire, no?

I don't think your co-worker's theory has a chance, because Mohinder and Matt are, well, how shall I put it kindly, slow? Well, they're stupid, why sugar-coat it :lol: ...
Chocolate
Luxan Warrior

Postby chryse on Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:30 pm

See, I'm not sure if Claire really is immortal. She can regenerate, but if that branch had stayed in her head, she'd have been dead for good and her body would start decaying. At one point during the decay process is the point of no return? Maybe in 20 years, after her powers have grown some more, she'll be truly immortal, but as things stand now, I don't think she is. Does Adam also stay dead if there is a foreign object in his brain? Can any of one of them regenerate/heal/live if their heads are cut off ala Highlander? (do they grow a new head or a new body? Or does the cut off head have to be touching the cut off body and they can grow back together? Do they have to touch? Can they just be near each other?) wow, this is gross line of thought.

What happens if Claire becomes pregnant, if she can? Does the fetus seem to be an intruder and she miscarries? Or does she have the baby (with powers of course) and another fetus, it's twin, start growing insider her womb again because it was a part of her but is now gone? How far does it go?

Does Peter power absorb only the current level of power from the other mutant? Or does his power grow along with the powers he's absorbed? So, if he can read thoughts like Matt, can Peter now also break Maury's nightmares the way Matt can now? Or is Peter still stuck at just reading minds (until he meets Matt again)? Or will the mind-reading power grow in Peter the way it grew in Matt, but at a different pace?

so many questions.....
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Chocolate on Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:24 am

I'm afraid the only people who can answer those questions are currently on strike :lol: ...
Chocolate
Luxan Warrior

Postby sleeper on Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:24 pm

So does Peter have Blink's power now?

I think it was a dumb way for D.L. to die.... if he is actually dead.
Well, it is nice to see what happen when Peter blew up and Nathan was burnt and was healed by Adam's blood. So does this mean that Claire can heal people with her blood too?

What does Adam have up his sleeve and what will Peter do when he finds out what Adam is really about. (Hiro is going to not be happy that his actions probably caused all of this...)
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Chocolate on Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:00 pm

Great episode...

"let's go save the world!"

So, wait, let me see if I got it right - the Company and Bob are actually evil, but Adam is good?

Or is Adam evil as well, and the company is simply another kind of evil?

What about Mrs. Petrelli? I'm guessing she's against Adam, because she insists on keeping the superpowers a secret, whereas he wants to go public.

Or is Adam working for the company? It seems a little odd that they would keep Peter and Adam with any sort of vicinity and not know about what's coming. This is a company with limitless funds, the least they could do is wire the room!

Anyway, I liked Veronica Mars, the psychotic version... She was most entertaining...
And it was good to see DL again, though it was a particularly stupid way for him to go.

And we got another hint about Mrs. Petrelli's power! It must involve touch somehow... Some sort of persuasion. I'm starting to think she might be some sort of an empath, maybe not exactly like Peter, but close.

Things are starting to get very interesting... Too bad we had to wait for so long and pretty soon we will be going on a long loooong break... Oh well, better now then never! :wink:
Chocolate
Luxan Warrior

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows