Want more Farscape?? Well here it comes.......

Discussions about Farscape's cancellation, and the campaign to promote the show's return. General discussion about THE PEACEKEEPER WARS should go in the relevant forum.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

New

Postby Easterner9504 on Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:52 pm

[quote]normal people just don't get it (scifi that is). [/quote]

We're not normal!!

[quote]can you imagine Crichton without Aeryn?![/quote]

Uh yes, he becomes bearded looney-tune.

I don't like little shows, but I'm not paying for it so something is better than nothing. If it had new cast I do trust Henson to do it right; after all no one knew these actors from a hole-in-the-wall when 'Scape started.
Movie, series, big fat zip. At least we got something more than we had a year ago.

Besides I still get to play the RPG so I have that if nothing else.
Easterner9504
Delvian Pa'u

Postby TINemo on Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:47 pm

I've been doing my own minimarathon

Two eps of Farscape if there is nothing I want to see onPM TV

Then one commentary from my new season ten SG1

Do you know that the box set says *the team led by Dr Daniel Jackson....*

Poor Ben, I hope he at least made lead actor $$$$ even if they won't acknowledge him as the team leader

That'll keep me going for a while....maybe almost to con time.

I'm posting this with my son's computer and his *t* skips, hence edit
Technical information nerd
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby StarF on Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:22 pm

UPDATE: TV Guide just learned that Browder has talked with Henson about appearing in the webisodes. Browder's spokesperson says, "there's nothing concrete," but, if asked "Ben will absolutely try to make time. Ben has always been in love with the character John Crichton and the Farscape series."

I hope Ben makes it.. Farscape isent farscape with out Ben and Claudia.. how ever looking forward to this.. Mostly it will be nice finaly to see some new farscape.. i missed the days when u could watch an episode not knowing what would happen.... How i hope this ends with more farscape episodes.. and i dont want a movie.. a movie would ruin everything.. just look at sirenity.. it was ruined becaus they tryed to tell the 13 eps + finish the saga in one movie.. if they go for a movie DONT DO THAT!
StarF
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Firecracker on Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:46 pm

Farscape did awesome trilogies. Movie quality and everything.

I don't see a problem with Farscape just tweaking what might have been a trilogy and turning it into a movie. I think it could be very successful.
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby StarF on Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:50 pm

Firecracker wrote:Farscape did awesome trilogies. Movie quality and everything.

I don't see a problem with Farscape just tweaking what might have been a trilogy and turning it into a movie. I think it could be very successful.

You fail to reailse that IF farscape was to become a movie.. they would either:

1: need to continue the story only for us who seen the eps.. and that would be bad for buisness.

2: do a Serenity thing where they sum up all the eps and do a little story telling.. and come one.. wheer serenity failed was at that point!.. damn what a dissapointment!

3: make a movie that has NOTHING to do with the eps so everyone can see it..

i would prefere just more farscape in eps..
StarF
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Chi_fi_Eagle on Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:50 pm

StarF wrote:

1: need to continue the story only for us who seen the eps.. and that would be bad for buisness.

2: do a Serenity thing where they sum up all the eps and do a little story telling.. and come one.. wheer serenity failed was at that point!.. damn what a dissapointment!

3: make a movie that has NOTHING to do with the eps so everyone can see it..

i would prefere just more farscape in eps..

I believe a number 4 still could exist...
make a movie about any of the universes in Farscape...Nebari for ex.

Good Science Fiction will sell and may sell better without the baggage of back story...maybe even fast forward with the child Crichton???
"No Dream is guaranteed...the grace of age is we learn to accept." Gigi Edgley/Chiana admirer
Chi_fi_Eagle
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Firecracker on Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:26 pm

StarF wrote:

I don't fail to recognise anything.

As Chi-fi_Eagle points out there are plenty of stand-alone storylines that could be made into an awesome movie.

Like the Nebari Contagion.
Or reclaiming Rygels throne.
Or the Kalish Resistance against the Scarrans.
Or find out the deal with Stark.
Or maybe... the Search for D'Argo. (it worked for Star Trek)

But I thinkt he idea of the focus on baby D is not a good one. Way too often stories have been 'updated' to focus on the child of the series and have proceeded to die rapid and ignominious deaths. I shudder at the thought.
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Chi_fi_Eagle on Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:47 pm

Firecracker wrote:
StarF wrote:

I don't fail to recognise anything.

As Chi-fi_Eagle points out there are plenty of stand-alone storylines that could be made into an awesome movie.

Like the Nebari Contagion.
Or reclaiming Rygels throne.
Or the Kalish Resistance against the Scarrans.
Or find out the deal with Stark.
Or maybe... the Search for D'Argo. (it worked for Star Trek)

But I thinkt he idea of the focus on baby D is not a good one. Way too often stories have been 'updated' to focus on the child of the series and have proceeded to die rapid and ignominious deaths. I shudder at the thought.

that is why I think they may just jump ahead on baby D as an adult into some other realm...who the frell knows...

however I do like discussing possibilities!!!!!!!!!!!
"No Dream is guaranteed...the grace of age is we learn to accept." Gigi Edgley/Chiana admirer
Chi_fi_Eagle
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby SunKrux on Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:04 pm

I happen to LOVE Serenity and think they did a damn fine job of the back story telling and keeping it going. Made me go out an get the series on DVD as I had missed most of it when it originally aired before Fox killed it.

Considering the calibur of writers FS has, they could do a FRELLIN'TASTIC job of summing up the back story - IF the movie goes that way.

Either way, more FS is a good thing, even if evil, nasty SciLIE is involved. :twisted:
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby Sikozu® on Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:46 am

Yo ppl did you missed me? :lol:
I have forgotten about this forum until a few minutes ago.. I was just checking new comments on my youtube vids (http://youtube.com/profile?user=TaHrPa) and I saw someone wrote there'll be "webisodes" of Farscape by SciFi channel. Now I know most of you probably got close to heart attack when you heard about it but I didn't. I checked what's on the net about that... We won't be expecting any new series until next year (and probably the end of it) and there's no info who will be in it. It might be just the same name. Let's just hope for the best :?
Sikozu®
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby TINemo on Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:51 am

Scifi has announced they plan to do 10(or 12 depending on where you read it) webisodes 3 to 6 minutes long * in a new chapter of the Farscape story*--whatever that means.

They plan to include D'Argo Sun Crichton as a character---but what age???? and the role is uncast.

Ben has said he will try to make time for them (but he's busy with the SG1 DVD, Going Homer ,Black Mountain-----and possibly the hinted at additional DVDs and/or another spinoff of the SG series)--must be great to have so many opportunities to choose from.

Claudia will not be available for a while.

I don't care which storyline they go to but Farscape without Mr and Mrs Crichton just isn't Farscape to me

So I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed

I think most everyone feels that Henson is dipping a toe in the water to see if enough fans bite. He has long wanted a movie, (Big screen) but may feel they need to do some preparation of fans by watching the reaction to the webisodes---or even to the announcement of the webisodes because everyone IS talking and wondering about them.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby littlejamie on Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:33 am

I agree.

A movie would be frelling fantastic whatever story they put into it. If and or when it happens. everything happens in it's own time.
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby TINemo on Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:19 pm

Gateworld(net) is running a poll on where the third of the SG series....Sratgate Universe....should take place (Earth, Pegasus etc.

Apparently they do plan to go ahead with this previously hinted at endeavor.

The rumor is it will be a spinoff from the second SG! DVD Continuum(which includes the Sg1 cast in entirety I think)

So who will be cast in SGU????? and does that interfere with sciffys other plans for Farscape??????

Interestring times!!!
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby chryse on Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:35 am

Show Scifi.com you really want it.

http://www.scifi.com/farscape
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Chi_fi_Eagle on Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:58 am

chryse wrote:Show Scifi.com you really want it.

http://www.scifi.com/farscape

thanks bunches!!!!!!!!!!!! just went to sign up
Chi_fi_Eagle
Scarran Ruling Order

PreviousNext

Return to Future Farscape