OFFICIAL: Season 1 Heroes Discussion Thread!

Talk about any show under the sun, genre or not.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby chryse on Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:06 pm

oh one more thing!

ON THE ROOF! I'm more than ever convinced now that Deveaux, Simone's dad, knew something or was a super or was possibly part of OWI now. And the preview for next week? Simone is a super too? Or did Peter use Hiro's power?
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby sleeper on Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:41 pm

Everyone in this show is connected to everyone else. But it seems that everyone is connected to Linderman. So is Linderman the key, the main man in power, the "Godfather" of this whole project. Or is the Organization and Linderman separate. Looks like Simone is a super and probably her dad was one also.

RM needs to be destroyed, but of course he won't be and he will escape, just like Sylar did. The Haitian and Claire are off on their own, but what will they be doing? Looking up other supers?

Wasn't Wireless there at the end, as one of Eric Roberts agents?
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Mreen on Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:24 pm

Yes indeed I thought she was Wireless, but I couldnt be sure .. I mean we've had some breaks in continuity before, (DL outside the car door, than shot standing somewhere else than where he'd been before ... not to mention the ever changing picture of Chandra Suresh waved at us over and over again) but to go from Wireless standing in the house about to wreak vengence, to demurely playing Jean Grey (and HRG acting like he didnt know her) is .. well, what the heck is going on?

Theory: each ep is in an alternate universe, Hiro's trip(s) did indeed cause a rift and we are seeing the results .. one universe is the future he traveled to and saw the nuclear bomb go off on Nov 8th, the other universe is the future the heroes are trying to create to 'save the world'

That would explain why Isaac painted the roof scene post nuclear war again a few eps ago, the roof is a way to see into both universes, the design is a focal point. (I cant be the only one who noticed the design on it looks almost like a lens in the middle, right?)

Now, when I first saw the preview, I thought, "Hooray, Simone does have a power!" :D ... :( then it occurred to me that if she was dead, and Isaac flipped out (on drugs or not), that scene was exactly what we'd see. She was all shot up and bloodied. Or a super that can shift change to appear as someone from your past... So, we wont know if she is safe..ah, still alive, till after we see the ep.

Now, the fact that all the major powers that be chose to meet on the roof - well, Charles Deveaux may not have been on the side of angels that I thought. I thought he was using the building, that he designed it from a dream (or whatever, we're talking comic book logic here) to focus his abilities and try and shelter the supers as they came along to protect them from the OWI - now it looks like it was their favorite meeting spot! They met up there to shuffle kids around and order .. yet, when Charles was dying there, Claude/Chris chose that spot as his shelter, where no one would find him. I guess he knew if they met in town he'd be there to eavesdrop on them, but still, as scared as he was, I'd think he'd only choose it if he thought they'd never come back again. I mean what if the next partner someone came with had heat vision or something?

So ... was Charles on the side of angels? Was he an OWI insider - if he was, was Simone one too, was she picking up Peter to track him down for OWI or another branch of them? Was she his control? Or was she another super, being protected by her own dad? Or was she an agent about to lay down the law to her boys about what will or will not happen next time they kill her?

Or is Peter going to enter this rift to save Simone and have her walking between the dead and alive versions of herself

Now that we are entering final four phase, things are going to pick up steam. HRG has Radiation Man, which I saw as a bad sign - this means he is likely to get his hands on Peter, which, since Peter didnt see HRG in the dreams, is a bad move BECAUSE we now know how Peter can end up with Radiation Man's powers! HRG mixed the kettle when he should not -

I still thought RM would end up in NYC on his own and Peter would be waiting there for him, not knowing it was him necessarily. Now... could be the other way around, esp if Peter gets his mind wiped somehow (guess not Blink) so that he doesnt know he has RM's powers till its too late!

No Hiro and Ando at all this week! I dont know that we've ever gone a full ep without them - look how much grimmer it got! Have to see what happens next...
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby sleeper on Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:35 pm

So what happen when Hiro was about to get shot in the head? Was it Future Hiro coming back and saving himself...or was Future Hiro really alternate Universe Hiro messing around? Or could it have been Peter?
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Mreen on Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:56 am

Hiro shut his eyes and concentrated and the bullet went back in ... fairly simple, except that since and neither he nor Ando were looking, they dont know Hiro did it and think the gun just misfired.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby chryse on Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:24 am

still can't really make out what HRG was thinking at Matt...
"no help coming...[something garbled] ... anyway" or maybe "gotta help/rescue ourselves.... [garbled].... anyway" His accent is just horrible. It's really hard to understand it. :(

Yes, the roof ornament is a lens... at least a focal point. Maybe a mirror to see things in....

yeah, I really want to know why Claude takes care of pigeons on that roof top when he wants to stay the frell away from OWI and HRG. That he used to work for them, doesn't really ring true for me. Who was Claude hiding from HRG and why did the Haitian let everyone believe he's a mute for what 14-17 years?? Longer, really, back on Haiti, he didn't speak either or OWI wouldn't think he was a mute.

Where will Claire and Haitian go? And what is Eric gonna do to the rest of HRG's family and neighborhood now? It's not like they can rebuild and decontaminate the house overnight. And the Haitian is gone with Claire, so everyone's memories will be untampered.

Poor Matt. I really feel for the guy. he's just getting used and abused all over. And what is wife gonna think when he disappears again? I doubt that OWI is gonna let him go back to his wife on whatever schedule he worked with her when he left with RM.

I agree, RM in OWI is a bad thing. A very, very bad thing. Both for RM, OWI and for Peter's possible future.

I think OWI and Linderman are different entities. Nakamura's backing OWI and Linderman is doing something else I think. Rivals, yes, world politics/genetics/economic powers. Very deep game going on here. I wonder if we'll get any shogi or go references soon?

and again, some answers, but not nearly as many as the commercials led you to believe. Not a big surprise there. It was odd to have an entire ep follow pretty much just one storyline for a change, even the flashbacks were really part of this story too. Leaves you hanging about Simone, Peter and Isaac, and Hiro and Ando and Sylar and Mohinder and everyone else.
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Mreen on Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:42 pm

I wonder if the 'final four' phase is like that, we follow one story for an entire ep - just so we know what it feels like!

Oh - my Alternate Theory, if it isnt 'Alternate Universe' thing going on:

The Continuity Expert was on vacation. :twisted:

One thing about the dream - everyone was running from Peter or running to him (or both in Claire's case) except Hiro and Ando. They just watched, unhappily, from the sidelines.

Does that mean their story doesnt continue till season 2?

As for the Haitian being mute, I think he was overwhelmed by his ability to erase people's memories -he got these powers very young. He had that genome symbol on a chain even as a kid (I figured it was a post cult charm, now it looks like he got it on his own) and used it as his focal point to concentrate his power. I think he more or less took a vow of silence, that maybe for years he couldnt speak, or was afraid to, and now only speaks to those he is placing a trust in (however briefly) .. or maybe he just saw no point in pretending to HRG anyway ..

I'm reminded of the girl who saw Syler slaughtered her family and was mute after that.. still waiting for her to show up on HRG's doorstop. Maybe Tommy Boy will take her in himself.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby sleeper on Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:15 pm

Ya know, the way that this show is, I would not be surprised if Jessica's/Nikki's Dad is somehow involved in all of this.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Mreen on Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:06 pm

yes, back to Dad's Against Unauthorized Use of Superpowers ....

Had an epiphany yesterday about the s/f curve with the extra slash, the Heroes equivelent to the X gene - its sfx

That's right, the heroes all get their superpower from SFX!!!

Which leaves open future spinoff series ....the cgi gene
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby chryse on Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:22 am

LOL mreen, good one.

just got through reading a Heroes thread on another board. Not to disparage anyone, but I don't think those people are watching the show carefully. I mean they don't get why only Blink and not HRG is considered a traitor to OWI by Eric. I thought it was pretty obvious, they were establishing that with all the flashbacks. Or why Blink had to erase HRG's memories at the bridge. "...Go Deep? I thought he meant for them to go deep undercover not erase memories..." huh? Or how Blink thought they could get away without the OWI knowing he took Claire (both Blink and HRG knew that would be impossible, hence their gunshot on the bridge plan). I've been trying to explain, but some of them don't seem to have even watched it, at least it seems that way to me. The discussion here is much better, you guys pay attention.
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Mreen on Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:45 am

Oh my ...

but you know, sometimes I think I secretly like to find posts with massive misunderstandings. It makes me feel like I'm an intellectual giant 8) :idea: :twisted: Even tho the reality is I am probably just reading a post by a perfectly intelligent 19yr, or 16yr, or 11yr old who just needs the conventions of drama explained to them.

But then, the conversation is much faster/goes farther when we all understand what we're saying. Everyone on this thread is pretty good at reading what's going on, so we can speculate far in advance about the multitudes of twists and turns that the story might go, or might not.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby chryse on Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:17 am

ooh, interesting late comment from that other board...

what if Claire's ability "healed" her memories, if Blink had erased them? If her mom is any indication, there is also physical damage to the brain, so maybe Claire wouldn't be permanently affected had Blink used his power on her.
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Mreen on Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:49 am

I thought of that - but I also think Blink has no intention of ever erasing Claire's memories, so we'd never find out.

Tho ... he may be tempted to erase Peter's at some point, and Peter might heal them back someday -that could be fun.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby KaraS on Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:04 pm

Here's a question.

Future Hiro said Peter looked different without his scar. But if Peter has absorbed Claire's powers and can use them at will then if he was injured enough to leave a scar he would just heal it. No scar would remain.

Perhaps there is a window with Peter? He can only keep powers he absorbs for a certain length of time? Or he can only absorb powers from a certain number of people at once and if he absorbs more thatn something he already absorbed goes away? Or Blink erases his memory of how t o use his powers so that he looses the control that his apprenticeship with Claude gave him?

About Claude's name, perhaps he chose it. Eden changed her name when she went to work for HRG, perhaps Claude changed his name too.
Last edited by KaraS on Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Mreen on Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:48 pm

well, that's the only logical explanation for the name that I ever heard...

I think Peter has to concentrate on Claire, how he felt when she healed him to heal himself, he doesnt use any power automatically unless the super is near him. So he must have gotten hurt in the future and not been thinking of Claire long enough to heal properly -

OR

Future Hiro came from the future where the cheerleader was NOT saved, and he knew that was the difference, and that's why he came back and gave that message to Peter, risking a rift.

I think that's less likely myself, and that the scar will materialize sometime during the big bang or season 2, before Peter and Hiro finally get together. (So far Peter has only met future Hiro with the cool outfit and sword, he's never met the stumbling but optimistic Hiro in glasses, the Clark Kent version <g> that we all love.)
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows