Happy Birthday JilaCosa!

Scooby Scapers chat

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Emeraldcity

Postby JilaCosa on Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:14 pm

"Hey everybody!" Jila waved as she walked across the sand. It was a beautiful day and she was glad to be home from Reality Land. "Who's bartending today? I need a drink."

"In keeping with today's theme," Crais said as he walked toward her. "Or should I say, the current theme, which is Jimmy Buffett, we're serving fresh Margueritas."

"Why thank you kind sir." Jila grinned as she took the glass from his hand. Crais was actually wearing a pair of cargo shorts and sandals.

"Happy Birthday, wife." Crais whispered as he hugged her. Jila chuckled as she returned the embrace. That had been quite an interesting deceipt.

"Okay, break it up you two!!" Jila recognized the voice and turned in Crais' arms to confront the yell.

"Geez Jila, you look beat." Kay said before Jila could open her mouth.

"Yeah, well, you know Reality Land." Jila sighed. It had been a Weird trip this time. "But let's not dwell on that... Wow!" Jila had spotted the table with the presents. Some of the shone with a light of their own, even through the wrapping paper. "Those are either from Spy or Chryse." Jila tilted her head sideways to talk to Crais.

"Go find out." Crais hugged her once more. "I have to tend the... what did Kara call it? Oh yes, Bar-B-Q."

Jila walked over to the present table and studied the boxes for a moment. This was going to be fun.

"Guess what Castor made for you?" Kay never could keep a secret. "He's gong to kill me but I just have to tell you."

Let's see. Jila thought about the things that Castor could make and couldn't come up with one that he'd give her for a birthday present except...

"Your grandfather's chocolate cake with chocolate fudge frosting." Kay laughed. Jila's face had "lit up like a Christmas tree" when kay told her.

"YES!!!" Jila looked like a kid in a candy store. It was a family favorite but she hadn't had one for quite some time. "I'd ask you how he knew I wanted one but I'm sure that Rae would say that even a deaf person could hear that mental broadcast." Jila was salivating already.

"By the way," Jila looked around the beach area. "Has anybody seen Rag?"
Still diagonally parked in a parallel universe
The FarScapeScoobyGang
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Postby chryse on Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:50 pm

"Hooray, the party girl is here!" yelled Chryse and ran to give Jila a hug. "Haven't seen hide nor hair of that viking in a while" she said. "He probably left for a quick cruise on his ship."

"Probably," nodded Jila. She took a sip of her margarita and let out a whoop. "This is yummy!"

Crais looked over and smiled in appreciation as he flipped another burger. "The burgers are almost done. The ribs will be a little while longer. The chicken too." He announced.
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby SunKrux on Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:23 am

Sunny finally broke away from Reality Land as well.

"Sorry gang, RL has been keeping me busy. You know that thing they call work," Sun said as she slipped her gift to Jila on the table. It was the entire Dragon Riders books on audiotape/cd. Sun managed to get the mandroids to read all the books and record them for Jila. Now Jila could listen to the books while driving around RL.

"Yo, Crais, may I please have a mock Marguerita, Strawberry to be exact?" Sun asked the mandroid manning the BBQ and bar.

"Hey, where are the other mandroids? Why are you manning both the BBQ and the bar? That's a bit unfair, don't you think?" She added.

Sun found a nice comfy beach chair and promptly claimed it as her own. Sunscreen and shades set and ready, Sun finally relaxed.
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby Sandworm on Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:08 am

"Good to see you, Sunny!" called Sandworm. "As for manning both, it beats making us have to do it," he added, as he sat down lazily in a chair close by. "Hi, Jila, you're looking... excited?"
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby KaraS on Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:02 pm

Kara looked up from where she w as stretched out in the hammok.

"The other mandroids will be along soon, I'm sure."

She looked out into the bay and saw a small yacht moored. The other 4 mandroids were practicing putting up and taking down the sails. Later there was going to be a little starlight cruise.

"So, what's in all those pretty boxes anyway?
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Sandworm on Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:03 pm

"Who knows? I think that's for Jila to find out."
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby KaraS on Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:57 pm

Kara looked over at the table with the food. There was now a second cake, this one said Happy Birthday Viridian!

"Hmm, TWO cakes now." Kara said. "I wonder what flavor they are. The birthday girls had better try them and find out."
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby chryse on Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:18 am

*beep beep*

"Huh? Oh, right." Chryse took out a cell phone, sheepishly and shrugged at the other Scoobs. "uh huh. Oh really? That would be great. I'll be right there." Chryse smiled as she hung up the phone. "That was a friend of mine. He's got some marinated flank steaks ready and offered me one. I'm just going to go and get it so we can throw it on the grill too ok?" She winked out of existence and winked back in a few moments later. "Here it is!"

Crais took the Tupperware container from Chryse and opened it up. He took a good sniff of the contents and nodded his head in approval. "Beer, olive oil, scallions and some other herbs and spices. This will be a good steak." He threw it on the grill and it started sizzling with a great aroma right away.

"Not too long Crais. Just a couple of minutes on both sides, " called out Chryse.

*this actually happened today. I was already cooking chicken, but the neighbor downstairs had THREE flank steaks left over from a weekend party that needed cooking so he gave me one. Thought I'd share the wealth. It's quite good.*
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby SunKrux on Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:37 am

*had fallen asleep in the comfy chair she was sitting in...but woke up when she smelled that flank steak cooking

"MMmmmmmm, that smells wonderful. Make mine well done, please Crais. I don't want it mooing at me while I chow down," Sunny requested standing up and immediately sitting back down.

"woa...head spinning. Dangit, hate when that happens," Sunny mumbled while trying to stand up again.
"Frell, still a wee bit wobbly...frellin' sinuses." she grumbled as she ported herself to her quarters to take care of the problem.

A short while later Sunny reappeared, sounding a bit conjested but feeling a little better. "Saline wash...better work." she mumbled as Crais handed her a plate with a nice, well done (not shoe leather either) steak.

"mmmmm, looks delish!" Sunny dug in...but not before adding some German potato salad (*it's got bacon & vinegar - not like other potato salads) and a bit o' green salad (need those veggies) and grabbing a cold drink.

"I wait like one pig waits for another!" ;)
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby Kayde on Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:51 am

Looking at the steaks with her glee, Kay said "Medium for me please." Being a major parrothead found another Jimmy Buffet song. She hugged Jila, glad she liked the chocolate cake. She knew that was Jila and Castor's favorite thing. Castor would be thrilled she liked it.

Last Mango in Paris

I went down to captain tony’s
To get out of the heat
Then I heard a voice call out to me
Son come have a seat
I had to search my memory
As I looked into those eyes
Our lives change like the weather
But a legend never dies

Chorus:
He said I ate the last mango in paris
Took the last plane out of saigon
Took the first fast boat to china
And jimmy there’s still so much to be done

I had a third world girl in buzios
With a pistol in each hand
She always kept me covered
As we moved from land to land

I had a damn good run on wall street
With my high fashion model wife
I woke up dry beneath the african sky
Just me and my swiss army knife

Chorus:
I ate the last mango in paris

We shot the breeze for hours
As the sun fell from the sky
And like the sun he disappeared
Before my very eyes

It was somewhere past dark-thirty
And I went back to the head
I read upon the dingy wall
The words the old man said:

That’s why we wander and follow la vie dansante
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby JilaCosa on Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:14 pm

Jila sat back in her lounge chair and smiled. It had been a good birthday. Out of this dimension gifts and a death by chocolate cake. It didn't get much better. As the last song ended Jila called for the next one. Same style (steel drums, acoustic guitar, and hula dancers), different artist. Kenny Chesney & Uncle Cracker

Sun tanned toes ticklin the sand
Cold drink chillin in my right hand
Watchin you sleep in the evening light
Restin up for a long, long night

[Chorus:]
Cause when the sun goes down, we'll be groovin
When the sun goes down, we'll be feelin all right
When the sun sinks down over the water
Everything gets hotter when the sun goes down

All day long just takin it easy
Layin in the hammock where it's nice and breezy
Sleepin off the night before
Cause when the sun goes down, we'll be back for more

[Chorus:]
When the sun goes down, we'll be groovin
When the sun goes down,we'll be feeling alright
When the sun sinks down over the water
Everything gets hotter when the sun goes down

This old guitar and my dark sunglasses
This sweet concoction is smooth as molasses
Nothing to do but breathe all day
Until the big moon rises and it's time to play

[Repeat chorus]

HUGS to all
Still diagonally parked in a parallel universe
The FarScapeScoobyGang
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Respond

Postby Philip2372 on Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:06 pm

DrkMandalorian wrote:"There's nothing like a beach party to make a 'Parrotheads' day!" Spy said, dumping a pile of beachtoys on the ground.

Do not forget to let us know what actually happens i the end.
Philip2372
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Previous

Return to Scooby Chat