new section

Let us know about anything (especially problems) to do with the site and forums.

Moderator: Dani Moure

new section

Postby scifitoys on Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:21 pm

i think we could benefit from a" for sale would like to buy" section where members can help others get certain toys,trading cards etc etc
from a little blue planet called"earth"so far away you guys never heard of it!
scifitoys
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby SunKrux on Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:06 pm

Please be patient with any updates or responses from Dani, as I'm sure once RL has stopped kicking his ass, he'll check on that. Thanks for the suggestion. We do however have to be careful of things like this, we wouldn't want Henson shutting down this site for violating any copyright laws.
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby chryse on Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:12 pm

Would it be ok to list items that you want? And have people reply with where the items are available? Store websites or ebay auctions for example?

Or if you are selling your personal collection, would it be ok to say "contact me at this email addy or pm if you want any of these things" Or "see my ebay auction"?
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby scifitoys on Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:42 pm

chryse wrote:Would it be ok to list items that you want? And have people reply with where the items are available? Store websites or ebay auctions for example?

Or if you are selling your personal collection, would it be ok to say "contact me at this email addy or pm if you want any of these things" Or "see my ebay auction"?

great idea.anyone that has got carded figures let me know,pm me or e mail,thanks.
from a little blue planet called"earth"so far away you guys never heard of it!
scifitoys
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby SunKrux on Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:37 pm

chryse wrote:Would it be ok to list items that you want? And have people reply with where the items are available? Store websites or ebay auctions for example?

I don't see that as a problem. But again, let's wait and see what Dani has to say, after all it's HIS site. ;)
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby Dani Moure on Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:24 am

I wouldn't mind people asking where to get stuff, if there's one thread for them all. However I do not like the idea of linking to ebay auctions (reputable websites are fine), because of the possible implications of that.

However I would rather avoid people linking to their own ebay auctions as well. And definitely using the forums to facilitate personal sales is a no no. That one is something I won't be moved on. I am open to views on ebay though.
.dani//MOURE
Webmaster and anime maniac. Raelee Hill's biggest fan. David Kemper's biggest fan too.
Also webmaster/owner of Farscape World (duh!).
Dani Moure
Evil Overlord
Evil Overlord

Return to Site/Forum Suggestions, Help & Feedback